"Official" 2018 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Holiday Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
That confuses me since everything I've read said it's on just before and just after the parades, fireworks, and other shows.
I'd be happy for it to be all night since I dont really care about the shows but would like to stroll down Main Street to experience the snow.
I was on MS for the first parade. I got my spot at 7:30 and it was already snowing. It stopped only for the frozen holiday wish show and resumed almost immediately after, it snowed throughout the parade and after the parade ended.
It stopped snowing during holiday wishes and it resumed right after it finished. I left the area at that point, came back toward ms by the end of the party time and it was snowing, so I would say it snows almost the entire time

So now that I’m officially doing Tony’s (thanks Josh) I’m going to alter my party plans a bit.

I’d like to be in the park by 2, so we can check in to Tony’s early, get our wrist band, and save some time later.

We usually take a Minnie Van on the way. We like feeling fancy!

We want to get in line for Sandy Claws and Sally by 3:15 or so (and by “we” I mean ME— I’m hoping my brother’s down for this) My goal this time is to get through the line as quickly as possible, so we can maximize pre-party ride time. Maybe see the first Frozen show if we’re passing by.

I want to meet Moana, Scrooge (my nephew would be so jealous), and Nick and Judy. Moana is definitely the highest priority out of the 3. Maybe also Pooh & Friends for my brother.

We’ll ride a bit more rides than we usually do at MNSSHP (don’t judge us, we watch the HP show like 3 times during the party).

I want to watch the Mickey show in front of the castle. I wanted to see the 1155 show, but at $99 per person... we’ll definitely be heading back into Tony’s for some more food (and possibly a night cap for me LOL). I’ll have to go back and review the times. We’ll live if we don’t see it.

Any suggestions? The last MVMCP I’ve been to was 2016 and I spent a good 2 hours spread out on main street with stroller saving a parade spot.

Wanted to try my question again. See if anyone had an opinion! Thanks!!
I chose the Tuesday party (4th). My daughter is a part of Pop Warner and we will be done on Saturday the 1st for all the Tiny's and Mitey's. I figured Sunday would be crowded. I have no idea as this is my first Christmas Party.

Ah, the heck with it.

I can’t beleive I’m saying this... but I booked Tony’s! I’ll be there with my brother on 12/16. I just couldn’t resist that hassle-free view.

My sister, niece and I will be there that night too at Tony’s.

When does the “snow” occur? After fireworks or parade?

Post #1
:santa: Snow on Main Street, U.S.A.
This isn’t “real” snow, it is actually imitation snow. There is a “snowfall” on Main Street (Between Casey's Corner & the Emporium) before the parades and then at the end of the evening. There is also snow on Main Street after the fireworks.

Thanks for all the live updates last night! Sounds like a fun party!! Does Moana meet inside the Enchanted Tiki Bird show building, or in the queue? Basically I'm wondering if she meets inside or outside. I have the same question regarding the Seven dwarfs in Storybook Circus. TIA!!

Moana’s meet is in the Tiki room, indoors. 7 dwarves are where Minnie and daisy meet during the day, also indoors

I was on MS for the first parade. I got my spot at 7:30 and it was already snowing. It stopped only for the frozen holiday wish show and resumed almost immediately after, it snowed throughout the parade and after the parade ended.
It stopped snowing during holiday wishes and it resumed right after it finished. I left the area at that point, came back toward ms by the end of the party time and it was snowing, so I would say it snows almost the entire time

Interesting. It didn't do this last year. We stayed on MS from before 1st parade through fireworks and then TST.

Last edited:
For the castle show how early should I grab a spot if I want to be close to the stage? (10:30 or 11:55 show) I'm thinking 30 minutes roughly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter