"Official" 2018 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Holiday Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

We spent yesterday afternoon in the MK before MVMCP last night. We happened to be in The Emporium around 2 something in the afternoon and noticed there was a roped off section of party shirts and other things. If you could show some type of proof that you had party tickets for that night such as an e-mail confirmation or what was sent by snail mail you could buy the items then which is what we did.
This is great to know. Not dvc but planning to spend the day of my party at MK, so hopefully I can grab some merchandise before I get in line for jack and sally.

They are still handing out bands in jacks line right?

This is great to know. Not dvc but planning to spend the day of my party at MK, so hopefully I can grab some merchandise before I get in line for jack and sally.

Yes on the bands for jack and sally if you are on line before 4pm

Yes on the bands for jack and sally if you are on line before 4pm

What is the process for getting the party wristband in the Jack and Sally line? We’ll be in the park before 4:00 and we plan on getting in the line to meet them before then also. I was just curious if you need to use your magic band or have your confirmation number ready.

What is the process for getting the party wristband in the Jack and Sally line? We’ll be in the park before 4:00 and we plan on getting in the line to meet them before then also. I was just curious if you need to use your magic band or have your confirmation number ready.
So we were there before 4pm....maybe 350 and around 410 they came by and scanned our party cards and gave us our bands there.

We didn't do any character meets but got our party bands outside a store in Fantastyland but I forget the name.

1015 and the curb space was 99% full

It is sounding like our strategy from last year MNSSHP won’t work....we were able to watch the fireworks from the grassy area in front of Casey’s and then grab a curbside spot after for the 2nd parade. I am one of those annoying people who really like to be on the curb.:confused3 Now I’m not sure what to do, whether I want to get a spot earlier and see the less awesome view of the fireworks or (gasp, never ever even considered this before) grab a seat waaaay ahead for the first parade and then walk up to see the fireworks.

We did our first ever party on Tuesday 11/13! Overall we had a wonderful time! The major downside for us was the heat, in the 80s and humid wasn't a great combo so that made us a little sluggish. Characters aren't a thing for us so we did not do any of the meets but we were all about the free treats! The party overall didn't seem crazy crowded but there were still pretty decent lines for both treats and rides.

We hit up every location for free treats but declined a lot of the beverage options (I get that hot coco is Christmasy, but seriously, it was close to 90 degrees). The snack lines fluctuated from what we saw. The line at Pinocchio was the longest but actually moved pretty quickly, as all the lines did. Cosmic Rays was SUPER generous with the cookies and my hubby and I each got handfuls of Snickerdoodle!

We aren't stake out spot out people so we showed up about 20 minutes before the first parade. We were actually considering not seeing it and catching the second one because we were both feeling the heat a bit, but were pleasantly surprised when it rolled over the Frontierland bridge so quickly. We watched right from the beginning of Main Street and had a great view. We were really surprised how great a view we had from that spot and how uncrowded it seemed. They made an announcement before the parade urging people to see the second parade for less crowds and better visibility. We were kinda confused by that and didn't remember a similar announcement during the Halloween Party last year. Is this normal?

We got an amazing fireworks view maybe a half hour before the fireworks! We were dead center and right on the little hump that is in between the gardens. There were plenty of spots around us even up to the start of the show. I was unimpressed by the first half of the show but it won me over towards the end. I think I still like the Hallowishes soundtrack, but I much preferred the fireworks in Holidaywishes.

Even though the party didn't feel crowded, we didn't get as many rides done as we would have liked. While the wait times for the big rides were better than during the day, they were still at or over 30 minutes, which is too long for us. We were hoping for a big clear out after the fireworks but it wasn't as big a clear as we would have liked. The second parade certainly wasn't packed, but there was no curb space on Main Street 30 minutes prior. There may have been some back by the tree, but we didn't go that far. We were about mid Main Street and thankfully were able to find a spot behind people who were sitting, and remained sitting for the whole show. The snoap was honestly pretty awesome, we were glad that we went for a Main Street spot because the snow made it extra special.

Overall we really loved the party and possibly liked it more than the Halloween Party (we went to the party on Halloween so not a fair comparison). My husband actually said that he wouldn't have a problem going to another party some day, so for him to say that, he had to have fun!

Has anyone tried hitting up the seven dwarves during the first parade? Does it help?

I have the Tony’s party booked for the second parade, so I’m not worried about missing the first parade. I really would like to to a photo with the seven dwarves, but I’m not willing to wait and hour to do it.

Has anyone tried hitting up the seven dwarves during the first parade? Does it help?

I have the Tony’s party booked for the second parade, so I’m not worried about missing the first parade. I really would like to to a photo with the seven dwarves, but I’m not willing to wait and hour to do it.

We attended last night. All of the meets in Storybook Circus were VERY busy during the first parade. We waited 50 minutes at that time for Daisy and Minnie.

They were all pretty empty at the end of the night, but that probably doesn’t help you since I imagine you’ll be at Tony’s at that time. We waited 10 minutes for the Dwarves and 2 minutes for Goofy right before closing.

Was this after the 2nd parade?!?! 10 minutes????
Yes! We had a spot in front of Liberty Square Market. The second Santa Claus got to us we bee-lined to Fantasyland. There were about 7-8 parties in front of us in line. Unfortunately, when we finished with the Dwarfs the Scrooge/Donald line was closed. But Goofy’s line was still open (and almost empty).

We did our first ever party on Tuesday 11/13! Overall we had a wonderful time! The major downside for us was the heat, in the 80s and humid wasn't a great combo so that made us a little sluggish. Characters aren't a thing for us so we did not do any of the meets but we were all about the free treats! The party overall didn't seem crazy crowded but there were still pretty decent lines for both treats and rides.

We hit up every location for free treats but declined a lot of the beverage options (I get that hot coco is Christmasy, but seriously, it was close to 90 degrees). The snack lines fluctuated from what we saw. The line at Pinocchio was the longest but actually moved pretty quickly, as all the lines did. Cosmic Rays was SUPER generous with the cookies and my hubby and I each got handfuls of Snickerdoodle!

We aren't stake out spot out people so we showed up about 20 minutes before the first parade. We were actually considering not seeing it and catching the second one because we were both feeling the heat a bit, but were pleasantly surprised when it rolled over the Frontierland bridge so quickly. We watched right from the beginning of Main Street and had a great view. We were really surprised how great a view we had from that spot and how uncrowded it seemed. They made an announcement before the parade urging people to see the second parade for less crowds and better visibility. We were kinda confused by that and didn't remember a similar announcement during the Halloween Party last year. Is this normal?

We got an amazing fireworks view maybe a half hour before the fireworks! We were dead center and right on the little hump that is in between the gardens. There were plenty of spots around us even up to the start of the show. I was unimpressed by the first half of the show but it won me over towards the end. I think I still like the Hallowishes soundtrack, but I much preferred the fireworks in Holidaywishes.

Even though the party didn't feel crowded, we didn't get as many rides done as we would have liked. While the wait times for the big rides were better than during the day, they were still at or over 30 minutes, which is too long for us. We were hoping for a big clear out after the fireworks but it wasn't as big a clear as we would have liked. The second parade certainly wasn't packed, but there was no curb space on Main Street 30 minutes prior. There may have been some back by the tree, but we didn't go that far. We were about mid Main Street and thankfully were able to find a spot behind people who were sitting, and remained sitting for the whole show. The snoap was honestly pretty awesome, we were glad that we went for a Main Street spot because the snow made it extra special.

Overall we really loved the party and possibly liked it more than the Halloween Party (we went to the party on Halloween so not a fair comparison). My husband actually said that he wouldn't have a problem going to another party some day, so for him to say that, he had to have fun!

Happy to hear you loved your party! And thank you for sharing your experience with us. These things help me loads.

We attended the party on Mon (11/12) and got in line at 3:15. We were about the 10th group. They don't hand out the band's until after 4pm. In order to enter the line, they scan your magic band with a mobile device to make sure you have party tickets. They will walk the line and scan your MB one more time before placing your wristband. It was between 4-4:15 for our party.
Lines will vary by the party, but by 4pm there were quite a few people in line behind us (at least a couple of lanes to the queue). We had a lower attended party too. It was a lot of fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!