"Official" 2018 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Holiday Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick question. Would you take the time for a BOG reservation at 8:25 on a party night? Or do you think dinner would take too long and be a waste of party time?!

Quick question. Would you take the time for a BOG reservation at 8:25 on a party night? Or do you think dinner would take too long and be a waste of party time?!
Me personally? I would not want the dinner to take away too much party time. And the dinner is now even more expensive that it has gone to prix fixe so it would be $$ on top of $$$ IMO.

Do you have another night in MK? I would hold onto the 8:25pm if you desperately need it, but keep searching for an earlier time or different day.

Nope this is it. We’re just hopping in the for the party. We have been to Disney many many times. But this is our first time for the Christmas party. I just randomly saw the reservation today so I snagged it. But I agree I think it will take too much time. Also the adult pricing for the 10 year old gets me a bit. On another note I would love to do the tonys thing, but I feel they should have a kids price.

I agree with Rob and think that would be a waste of time and cutting it close for the fireworks. I wouldn’t want to risk not being able to get to the hub in time. I love having the fireworks surround you.

I agree with Rob and think that would be a waste of time and cutting it close for the fireworks. I wouldn’t want to risk not being able to get to the hub in time. I love having the fireworks surround you.
Counterpoint: I've had dinner at BOG on the 4th of July and it was wondrous to be standing on that bridge into the BOG restaurant with the multitude of fireworks exploding right overhead. It was better than all fireworks I've experienced sans perhaps EPCOT's Illumination's holiday tag.

This sounds like a major misstep in allowing too many media folks into one event. I'd be surprised if it happens again. I would have complained, honestly, and I rarely ever take the time to.

I totally agree about complaining, I wished I would have said something that night. One problem was that it was such a limited time event, and our mission was to book it over to the Mine Train right after the parade ended. By the time we were off the ride, it was 12:20 and I had no desire to deal with the situation. I have sent an email and hope to hear something back.

Counterpoint: I've had dinner at BOG on the 4th of July and it was wondrous to be standing on that bridge into the BOG restaurant with the multitude of fireworks exploding right overhead. It was better than all fireworks I've experienced sans perhaps EPCOT's Illumination's holiday tag.
I watched the Fourth of July Fireworks near this location (just past the gateway into New Fantasyland) and agree it's wondrous! Maybe the best fireworks experience I've had anywhere! If Holiday Wishes had more castle projections, watching it in front of the castle would be a no brainer, but since it doesn't I don't think that location is as important.

This is a tough one! We love BOG but this is during prime party time. What are your priorities for the party? If you did have dinner at this time I would leave yourself an hour. You could see fireworks from that side of the castle and still get in some of the shows before you dine. I think it's doable if you have your heart set on BOG. You could also keep trying to find an earlier BOG ADR time.......they might surface at the 48-24 hour mark!

So, we had a change in our party plan, and am looking for some suggestions for good a spot that we could see the Holiday Wishes fireworks from Main Street and then just hang for the 2nd parade. We will have a stroller and 2 ECV's in our group of 7. The plan is to go FROM the Hub from the 8:15 Frozen Holiday Wish, over to the 8:35 Totally Tomorrowland Christmas, and then into Main Street to stake out the spot for the 10 pm fireworks and parade. Part of group will stop over at Club Tinsel for just a little bit and then re-join us at our spot. Following the parade, we would like to try to hit Jack/Sally at TST, if they don't shut down the line, right after the parade before closing. The ECV's are not for permanent problems, but recent foot surgeries preventing walking 10 miles every day. Could we find the parade spot, park the ECV's there, slide into the street for fireworks, and then go back to ECV's for the parade viewing? I've never had to deal with them, so I'm anticipating having trouble viewing the angles of the fireworks from the sidewalk (on the ECV's) or people standing in the way....but then also maneuvering them to face the castle and then try to k-turn or whatever on the sidewalk to face the street for the parade? Both the DW and my mom want to stay on Main Street for these two events for atmosphere, so I'm not sure how the flagpole area would work, even if a spot was there (but given from what I've seen here, at that time, without staking it out earlier, there probably wouldn't be any.) Thoughts and advice are greatly appreciated.

We did the party last Thursday 11/15 and while we walked towards main street to see the fireworks, the ECV that were parked all appeared to nab their spots early. We saw a lot of them along the sides of the hub inside the walkway areas that were taped off for viewing. I even saw some folks hop off their scooters and someone turned them around since the area was so tight. If that's not an option, I would plan to get to your viewing spot early with the ECV to avoid any issues if moving it manually isn't an option. The cast members magically turn main street into an landing strip before the fireworks and you will be easily able to see where you can park and where you can't park. If I was going to be seated in an ECV, I would want to be as close to the castle as possible since heads will be in the way.

I'm so bummed! Got on tonight to purchase tickets for Tony's Most Merriest and they are all sold out for December 11th. :( That makes me a little scared for crowds that night too! Okay, just breathe and enjoy right?

I'm so bummed! Got on tonight to purchase tickets for Tony's Most Merriest and they are all sold out for December 11th. :( That makes me a little scared for crowds that night too! Okay, just breathe and enjoy right?

Maybe it’s a website error??? Every night is showing sold out right now.

Yikes!!! Dec 11 is our party day. We did get Tony’s tickets, but who knows just how many tickets are available for that add on? At this point, the vacation is paid for, the MVMCP tickets are non refundable, and worrying won’t make our party less crowded. So let’s go, and have some fun!

What time can you start buying party merchandise?

We were in the MK on Friday and at The Emporium around 2 pm they had an area roped off but if you had something in writing showing you had party tickets for that night they let you in.

Review coming tonight but Tony's was worth it for us. It was freezing on Friday night (11/16) & it was great to be able to go back in after the parade to have hot chocolate eaiwfir the crowds to leave before tackling the monorail. Trying to add a picture... may have to wait until tonight...
https://photos.app.goo.gl/1PtMN5E9J2zQXJR18
That picture was awesome! It looks like maybe you were a little off center at the flagpole which I think is a great place.....I love seeing that beautiful castle in the background!

Review coming tonight but Tony's was worth it for us. It was freezing on Friday night (11/16) & it was great to be able to go back in after the parade to have hot chocolate eaiwfir the crowds to leave before tackling the monorail. Trying to add a picture... may have to wait until tonight...
https://photos.app.goo.gl/1PtMN5E9J2zQXJR18

That is a great shot! For some reason my daughter (she's now 15 lol) thought it was odd that Cindy & PC were in a smallish carriage....I think she thought Cindy should have had a bigger, fancier ride?! Lol I loved it personally. Teenagers <shrugs shoulders>

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter