"Official" 2018 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Holiday Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tonight’s our party night! We’re getting to the park around 2:30/3ish, and we’ll be at Tony’s later in the evening. Who’s going?!

Weather is beautiful today.

Tonight’s our party night! We’re getting to the park around 2:30/3ish, and we’ll be at Tony’s later in the evening. Who’s going?!

We’re going! Hoping it’ll be great! See you there! Lol
I’m not going to Tony’s though.

I’ll be there. I hit the park in the morning and now resting for the party. My hubby is super sick so it will just be me and my almost 3 year old. I was able to take him off the Tony’s reservation so at least I’ll get my money back for that. If you see a very stressed mother pounding Prosecco at the party, say hi...it’s probably me.

I’ll be there. I hit the park in the morning and now resting for the party. My hubby is super sick so it will just be me and my almost 3 year old. I was able to take him off the Tony’s reservation so at least I’ll get my money back for that. If you see a very stressed mother pounding Prosecco at the party, say hi...it’s probably me.
I sure will! We’ll have a toast together, lol. I’m wearing a multicolored christmas sweater and jingle jangled up the wazpp. I’m Kristen!

My brother and I wanna see the princesses with their princes. Anyone know when they come out??? 6 or 7?

We just switched from the 20th to the 18th because of the forecasted rain. We lost a few good fastpasses but I think it was a good decision. We can easily put up with cold but rain would really ruin the party for us.

We're supposed to be going to Thursday's party. I'm really hoping the forecast changes. I hate that it jumped from a 30% chance to 90% for rain.

I am big time stressing about Thursday’s weather forecast. I know it’s Florida and can change on a dime, but rain’s been predicted all week. The only thing that’s changing is the % - - - and not in a good way! Thankful we have Tony’s booked now - just hope the parade and fireworks don’t get cancelled. :(

So far we’re having an amazing night! We did Splash, SM, the magic carpets, Pooh, Barnstormer, and met J&S and Rapunzel and Tiana with their Princes. We went to almost every cookie stop and we’re currently carrying around a popcorn tub filled with cookies and apple sauce. The merch is pretty sparse, I just bought the baseball style party tee. We just met mickey with literally a 30 second wait. And J&S have a super short wait, but we met them earlier.

It’s in the mid 50’s here and we are lovin’ it. We’re sitting in the lobby and Tony’s waiting for the party to start. Our plan is to step outside around 950 to see Holiday Wishes, and then come back out around 1045 to get a parade spot. We’ll judge based on the crowds.

So far we’re having an amazing night! We did Splash, SM, the magic carpets, Pooh, Barnstormer, and met J&S and Rapunzel and Tiana with their Princes. We went to almost every cookie stop and we’re currently carrying around a popcorn tub filled with cookies and apple sauce. The merch is pretty sparse, I just bought the baseball style party tee. We just met mickey with literally a 30 second wait. And J&S have a super short wait, but we met them earlier.

It’s in the mid 50’s here and we are lovin’ it. We’re sitting in the lobby and Tony’s waiting for the party to start. Our plan is to step outside around 950 to see Holiday Wishes, and then come back out around 1045 to get a parade spot. We’ll judge based on the crowds.

I am big time stressing about Thursday’s weather forecast. I know it’s Florida and can change on a dime, but rain’s been predicted all week. The only thing that’s changing is the % - - - and not in a good way! Thankful we have Tony’s booked now - just hope the parade and fireworks don’t get cancelled. :(

Same here...we also have tickets for Thursday and I am definitely worried. I've noticed the same trends as you have and the increasing % chance of rain for the evening in particular.

The 20th and 21st are our only options because we arrive late on 12/19, but I deliberately didn't book 12/21 because I figured the last party of the year would be sold out and absolute madness from a crowds perspective. Despite that, I'd consider begging Disney to let us change days if we didn't have paid CL FP+ booked for 4, 5, & 6 pm at AK on 12/21...plus the Wishes dessert party booked for 12/20. Also, I figure it's far enough out that the forecast could still change and we could end up at a sold out 12/21 party where it's also raining buckets. :(

Just out of curiosity...has anyone done both the Wishes dessert party and Tony's party on the same night? I considered switching from the Wishes party to Tony's when I read all the good reviews, but after seeing the food offerings (we're vegetarians) I realized we couldn't eat a lot of the food so we wouldn't get as much value from it as most other people. Instead, I booked the Festival of Fantasy lunch package at Tony's on 12/22, which includes the parade viewing. I know it won't be quite the same because it'll be during the day and the snow won't be falling, but I really hate paying for a lot of food we can't eat, and I felt like the FoF was a good compromise.

Same here...we also have tickets for Thursday and I am definitely worried. I've noticed the same trends as you have and the increasing % chance of rain for the evening in particular.

The 20th and 21st are our only options because we arrive late on 12/19, but I deliberately didn't book 12/21 because I figured the last party of the year would be sold out and absolute madness from a crowds perspective. Despite that, I'd consider begging Disney to let us change days if we didn't have paid CL FP+ booked for 4, 5, & 6 pm at AK on 12/21...plus the Wishes dessert party booked for 12/20. Also, I figure it's far enough out that the forecast could still change and we could end up at a sold out 12/21 party where it's also raining buckets. :(

Just out of curiosity...has anyone done both the Wishes dessert party and Tony's party on the same night? I considered switching from the Wishes party to Tony's when I read all the good reviews, but after seeing the food offerings (we're vegetarians) I realized we couldn't eat a lot of the food so we wouldn't get as much value from it as most other people. Instead, I booked the Festival of Fantasy lunch package at Tony's on 12/22, which includes the parade viewing. I know it won't be quite the same because it'll be during the day and the snow won't be falling, but I really hate paying for a lot of food we can't eat, and I felt like the FoF was a good compromise.
The 20th and 21st are our only options as well. DH asked me yesterday if we could / should switch, but it would just mess up too many other plans to really be a viable option. I figure if it’s a total washout they may offer tickets to come back the next night, which we could do after our dinner at Artist Point, so maybe all won’t be lost. I’m just crossing fingers and toes that the forecast changes!

As for the dessert parties, we switched from Wishes to Tony’s. For the cost, I can’t image doing both, let alone the time suck. For us, we’ve seen the fireworks many times but have NEVER ended up with a good parade spot, so it’s all about the view (as we’ll likely only eat the desserts at Tony’s). I feel it’s easier to get a decent spot for the fireworks anyway, so this year we’re making the parade our priority!

Really enjoyed the party last night! It got chilly towards the end but not bad at all! Snack lines looked long but were quick! Parade was great and cm’s did a thorough job of checking wrist bands early on. It was definitely crowded and the usual rides kept waits of 30-60 minutes. Loved the Jingle Cruise. Had a fantastic skipper!

We feel the same way. Arriving late on the 19th (actually will be early morning of the 20th at this point) and we are also nervously watching the forecasts. Looks like we are arriving just in time for a cold front the 4 days we are there. We also have Tony's booked. My wife is very worried about the parade and fireworks. At least it will be warm and dry in Tony's. :worried:

Last night was a blast! The christmas party AND the Tony’s party were both sold out. I honestly wouldn’t stress it! Enjoy your time there. I noticed no difference in crowds vs. the non-sold out parties. I found it easy to manuever around, and the cookie lines went fast.

The reserved area for Tony’s was a lifesaver. We had Tony’s for warmth, and our parade spot was great! We sat on a curb right across from the restaurant. It wasn’t squished, we were able to spread out comfortably. Plenty of room all throughout the reserved space. We loved our spot! Had characters coming up to us and ringing our jingle bells. And for those wondering, YES, the snow does reach the reserved area.

The only downside (very minor) was that in the early Tony’s rush, they were slow to replace vanishing food such as the pizza and calamari. I enjoyed the pizza!

And nothing beats being inside sipping hot chocolate after the parade while Tony sings Dominic the Donkey. I will definitely do Tony’s again next year.

We feel the same way. Arriving late on the 19th (actually will be early morning of the 20th at this point) and we are also nervously watching the forecasts. Looks like we are arriving just in time for a cold front the 4 days we are there. We also have Tony's booked. My wife is very worried about the parade and fireworks. At least it will be warm and dry in Tony's. :worried:
See you there on the 19th. I read the rain was going to end toward evening so I think it will be fine!

Just wanted to make a little post about our first MVMCP last night. We got there at 3:00pm and immediately got in line. They opened the "gates" so-to-speak at 3:45pm. We got our wrist bands and headed to the laugh floor where we waited for about 10 minutes to see the show. (Also, we followed the CM's directions to skip the hub and get our red santa cookies!) After the laugh floor, we crossed the hub, which was busy but not terrible, and we ate dinner at the Crystal Palace. After that, we went on Jingle Cruise. It was about a 25 minute wait but because my mother is handicapped, we waited only about 10. We went on Aladdin and POTC after and then got eggnog and ginger cookies. We found a spot in frontier land to watch the parade. We were right inside of Pecos Bill. (Side story: Originally we and several other families were sitting on stools from the tables but a CM asked us to put them back because they were for patrons. I thought this was a little ridiculous considering that we had just bought coffee and sodas from Pecos and technically were patrons of the restaurant! We didn't argue though, and we put them back -- only for the stools to be sat on by other parade watchers.) The parade was good and I enjoyed the gingerbread men and toy soldiers, but it was a little lacking somehow. When the parade ended, two of my party went over to Thunder Mountain, where the posted waittime was 35 but we only waited 15. We skipped Fantasy land entirely and crossed the hub again to get to Tomorrow Land. The hub was PACKED for the fireworks! But they had carved out walkways with tape on the ground and it wasn't difficult to cross. Once in front of the laugh floor again, my mom, who was riding an ECV, took a tumble and fell off her scooter. People were so nice and helpful, making sure she was okay and helping us get her up. We watched the fireworks show from the bridge, and then we rode the Buzz ride. I sucked. To end our night we went down main street and it began to snow!! We stopped in a couple of stores and were out by 11:30pm.

Overall, we really had a great time. If you've read posts from the Halloween party thread, you might recognize me. I absolutely despised MNSSHP! (But maybe it was because I had blisters, we didn't watch the parade or fireworks, and it rained so all the rides were closed.) but MVMCP was a million times better. We thought the crowds were about equal to MNSSHP, and it was much better than we had thought being that this is the first time we've been during Christmas and were expecting the worse. We would definitely do the party again!

Just wanted to make a little post about our first MVMCP last night. We got there at 3:00pm and immediately got in line. They opened the "gates" so-to-speak at 3:45pm. We got our wrist bands and headed to the laugh floor where we waited for about 10 minutes to see the show. (Also, we followed the CM's directions to skip the hub and get our red santa cookies!) After the laugh floor, we crossed the hub, which was busy but not terrible, and we ate dinner at the Crystal Palace. After that, we went on Jingle Cruise. It was about a 25 minute wait but because my mother is handicapped, we waited only about 10. We went on Aladdin and POTC after and then got eggnog and ginger cookies. We found a spot in frontier land to watch the parade. We were right inside of Pecos Bill. (Side story: Originally we and several other families were sitting on stools from the tables but a CM asked us to put them back because they were for patrons. I thought this was a little ridiculous considering that we had just bought coffee and sodas from Pecos and technically were patrons of the restaurant! We didn't argue though, and we put them back -- only for the stools to be sat on by other parade watchers.) The parade was good and I enjoyed the gingerbread men and toy soldiers, but it was a little lacking somehow. When the parade ended, two of my party went over to Thunder Mountain, where the posted waittime was 35 but we only waited 15. We skipped Fantasy land entirely and crossed the hub again to get to Tomorrow Land. The hub was PACKED for the fireworks! But they had carved out walkways with tape on the ground and it wasn't difficult to cross. Once in front of the laugh floor again, my mom, who was riding an ECV, took a tumble and fell off her scooter. People were so nice and helpful, making sure she was okay and helping us get her up. We watched the fireworks show from the bridge, and then we rode the Buzz ride. I sucked. To end our night we went down main street and it began to snow!! We stopped in a couple of stores and were out by 11:30pm.

Overall, we really had a great time. If you've read posts from the Halloween party thread, you might recognize me. I absolutely despised MNSSHP! (But maybe it was because I had blisters, we didn't watch the parade or fireworks, and it rained so all the rides were closed.) but MVMCP was a million times better. We thought the crowds were about equal to MNSSHP, and it was much better than we had thought being that this is the first time we've been during Christmas and were expecting the worse. We would definitely do the party again!

Great to see you had fun! But I heard from a few that the hub isnt as bad for fireworks during the party than a normal day.

Just got back home and still recovering from last night's party and our 9 night trip overall. I had a fabulous time, despite my hubby being sick and me going to the party solo with my son. Party was crazy packed, but I had a plan to see all the shows and "party" stuff and we accomplished that. I was hesitant about booking the Tony's party, but in the end, it was the best thing ever and made our night so much more enjoyable. It gave me a chance to catch my breath and enjoy some prosecco and also the reserved seating for the parade was amazing. I went out at 11:05pm and found a great curb spot, but you literally could have walked out out right when it got there and found a curb spot. We weren't packed in line sardines and everyone was friendly and festive. I did not enjoy myself at this year's MNSSHP, but had a blast last night and I think the difference was the Tony's party.

BTW, my only criticism of the Tony's party was the lack of accommodation for allergies. Basically there was none. I was told, what was gluten free, but warned there was risk for cross contamination. This is in stark contrast to how the dessert parties I have attended were handled, where a prepared plate was brought out to me. This did not damper my evening, as I did not go for the food, but I was disappointed in Disney for this. I have come to expect more from them in regards to handling food allergies

We attended our very first party on 12/13. It did seem more crowded than the Halloween party we went to last year, but we still had a great time! We were in MK for most of the day, so we did almost all the rides before the party. It was definitely way more crowded in the daytime than TP said it was going to be! We felt lucky though, because the weather was great, mostly warmish.

We had a 4pm BOG (this was a great time to go btw, because they are just switching over to dinner service and it was almost completely empty!) and afterward walked up Main Street. We got our wristbands and went through the bypass to get cookies and take pictures. We also checked on the line for Jack and Sally our of curiousity and we’re told it was an hour and 15 minutes. The lines for pictures seemed longish, but moved pretty fast. After we made it to the end of the bypass, we headed for Fantasyland. The only ride we hadn’t managed to ride earlier that we really wanted was Pooh, so we did that with a 15 minute wait, then walked over to Pinocchio Village Haus to get cookies. The line looked insanely long, but within 5 minutes we had our cookies, cocoa, and a table next to the Small World window. We all really liked all the cookies, with the molasses one being the group favorite. After this small break, we walked through Storybook Circus, did the treat line there, and enjoyed looking at the ducks from afar. We took the Tinkerbelle magic shot on a bridge (not exactly sure where) with no wait.

We headed to Tomorrowland next, and hit up both treat lines. I love snow cones and was disappointed that these were melty. We headed over to the stage and watched the Stitch show, which I absolutely loved! So cute and fun! And it snowed heavily at the end! DH and I decided to stick around and watch the acapella group while my kids rode SM with a 15 minute wait. The acapella group was fun, but not quite as good as I wanted them to be.

By this time it was about 9:30, so we decided to head to Main Street to get a spot for the fireworks. We walked a very little ways up Main Street and stood curb side in front of the bakery so we could just sit down afterward to wait for the parade. This worked perfectly. I do think I prefer the Halloween fireworks, but no Disney fireworks show is bad! The parade was fun and we loved the smell of gingerbread floating in the air!

We had planned to catch the midnight Castle stage show, but were just exhausted at this point since we had been in the park all day. We headed toward the exit but stopped in to see Mickey on a whim with 0 wait!

It snowed heavily on Main Street almost all evening, which we loved, but actually became a bit much between the fireworks and sitting and waiting for the parade! All in all a great time, and we would definitely do it again.

Same Here - I have already purchased tickets for 20th not sure if we can even switch the tickets for another date. Also, the ticket is non refundable even if weather cancels :( I hope it doesn't rain after 4 p.m.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter