"Official" 2018 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Holiday Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to last night’s party. Rides were 5-10 minute waits, except 7DMT. Dwarves meet and greet were about 45 minute wait at 7:30. The tip about watching fireworks near the Beast castle was great. No crowds and we had seen the castle light projection during Mickey’s stage show. Watched them, met Belle, zipped over and met Ariel and Eric. Great time.

I'm sure this info is in this thread somewhere, but I wasn't able to find it with a quick search--where are the wrist band locations? We are headed to Friday's party.

I'm sure this info is in this thread somewhere, but I wasn't able to find it with a quick search--where are the wrist band locations? We are headed to Friday's party.
If you are just coming for the party, the entrance is on the right. There is a large sign as well as cast members pointing the way.

If you are just coming for the party, the entrance is on the right. There is a large sign as well as cast members pointing the way.

If you are already in the park there are check in stations at Tortoga in Frontierland and by Buzz in Fantasyland. Both are clearly marked and well staffed.

According to the Today show, it looks like the heavy rain will pull out of Orlando before the party tonite, so hope you all will have a great time!

Went to the 12/16 MVMCP and like the others I agree that even though the party was sold out, DH and I had a great time! The only stress really was actually getting to the MK and getting into the park at the event entrance. Once we were past that it was smooth sailing! The only thing I will say is that We waited quite a bit even with our FP for Mine Train before the party so if I were to do it differently I honestly think I'd skip Mine Train and just get a FP for something else because we didn't have any issues using our FP for Space Mountain!

My cousin and aunt who did not have party tickets came in with us at 4 just to see the decorations and to grab a drink from Starbucks which apparently took an hour for them to get. We had split off from them and had zero wait for a coffee from the Joffreys stand in Tomorrowland so that was definitely the better move if you needed caffeine!

Splash was a walk on since it was chilly out but it honestly wasn't that bad and I kind of wish we had ridden it twice!

Since we were doing Tony's we didn't want to watch the parade twice but were stuck on the side of the Adventureland side of the park so we took the time to get some really awesome photopass pictures with zero lines. The parade was going by so it made the experience super magical.

DH and I both really enjoyed the Tony's party. I really wanted the prime spot down Main Street and we sat down around 10:30. If I ever did it again I think I would just come out once the parade was coming to grab whatever spot was left to enjoy the Tony's atmosphere more. After the parade we went back into Tony's to enjoy more food and drinks while the crowds emptied out of the park. I would say my only "complaint" would be that I wished the party started at 9 instead of 9:30 because we felt a bit rushed in the first half hour to make it to see the fireworks. But other than that we really enjoyed it. Especially when we were pretty chilled after the parade and came back to warm and delicious hot cocoa and hot cider!

In regards to watching the fireworks with the Tonys party we left Tonys at about 10:55 and found a great spot parallel with Caseys. We could see the perimeter fireworks and it was super magical!

Overall, we had a great time!

I just want to thank everyone for their tips and tricks for this Christmas Party! I wanted to share our experience.

We went to the December 16th party. Saw that it was sold out and from the reviews I was reading and was really concerned about the crowds. We arrived at about 1:30 and went to ride our Peter Pan fastpass. The fastpass line was a bit crazy, but we stuck it out. We then had a late lunch at Columbia Harbor House. This has always been a fave of mine, but the last 2 trips the food hasn't been good, but honestly we just wanted some food so it was good enough. We then did our fastpass for Haunted Mansion and headed to the front.

We got in line to meet Jack and Sally at about 3:20. There were already maybe 20-30 people in front of us and they said it's probably about a half hour once they come out. Once they came out it took us about 15 minutes to see them. It was the best character experience I've ever had (it's a favorite character of mine.). We were out by 4:50.

We headed down the entrance street, skipped pictures, got our cookie and headed to meet the 7 dwarfs. We got in line shortly after 5 and there was already a decent line. They let us inside at about 5:45 and the dwarfs came out at 6:15. This was also a really fun meet and greet. We were out of there at 6:55 and had accomplished my two character goals by 7pm just as the party started.

We then stopped at Gaston's to get a Vannelope Eclair at Gaston's. It was really good. After which we started hitting the cookie stops starting at Pinocchio's and heading towards Tomorrowland and back to Main Street. We picked up our Tiki Bird Card and then decided to go back through the entrance just before 8 to get some pictures. There was no one there at that time and we got pictures at all the stops and extra Mickey cookies.

After this we headed to get our pretzel at Tortuga, but saw the line wasn't bad for Moana so we stopped and waited for her. It took us about 20 minutes. This was just before the first parade so the line was lower. We walked out from meeting her (another great interaction) and walked over and watched the first parade (we got there just in time to see the start of it.)

After the parade we grabbed that pretzel (very good) and then had some dinner at Pecos Bills. The special nachos were really good. After which we went to get a spot for the fireworks and walked up at about 9:45. We walked up fairly close to the Partner statue and got a good spot that we were surprised not many people ended up watching from where we were. For some reason the fireworks weren't until 10:10 so we were there a little too early.

After the fireworks we went to Diamond horseshoe for our cookies, grabbed another of those pretzels and then headed to find a place for the 2nd parade. Got a place in front of a cart in the front row about 10:50 in Frontierland. At some point my kids had both mentioned they wanted to meet Pooh and friends. So right after the parade we hustled over to get in line to meet pooh and friends (after a quick stop for more cookies at Pinocchio's.). We got in line to meet them at about 11:30 and were done by 11:50.

We hustled to the front to see the Castle Show (which something happened and they cut part of the show) to finish our night out. I didn't pay attention to the wait times as this was our first Christmas trip and we didn't care at all about attractions.

Thank you again to everyone for all the tips. It was a great time.

Just left MK about 4:30. It was the least crowded park day all week because of the weather. If the downpours hold off for the evening, it could be a great party! We entered MK late morning during one of the heavier rains and boy was that fun. Lol. Glad we brought gear for rain so it wasn’t bad. I could see party people beginning to enter as we left and they were loving the 10 minute standby line for Space Mt.

Sitting in the Tony’s reserved area now. Rain has held off and there is NO ONE here tonight. It’s awesome. “Bouncer” CM at the reserved area told me they converted half of the tickets for tonight’s party to tomorrow. So we should have plenty of elbow room. My current view :)
View attachment 370971

I’m glad we shared the same area I was at the train station entrance! The area looked very nice but I was right across!!!!!

Perfect day please let us know the inside info on Tony’s later with a review!

I’m afraid it was already sold out before all the bad weather came in, no?
I believe it sold out Wednesday. Unless people were given tickets for tonight's party on Wednesday because many people were anticipating heavy rain. Maybe that's part of the reason it sold out? I really hope they didn't give tons of people tickets to an already sold out party though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter