"Official" 2018 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Holiday Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
We didn't have the best experience trying to getting to the party, but ended up having a wonderful evening yesterday. We're DVC and planned on getting in at 2. We resort hopped in the morning and at about 1:15 decided we'd take the monorail from GF to MK. Went to the monorail and it was apparently down. They ended up giving us an anytime fastpass because hubby said something about the wait for the bus being ridiculous. Since the rain was only light at that point and not a downpour like it had been all morning we decided to take the boat. When we got to the dock there were a few other people under the awning, but we waited at the line. We talked to several other nice people while we waited. After we had waited about 35 minutes the families at the dock walked over and said they called and they said because of the weather the boat service was suspended because of the weather. One of the other families in line behind us said they came to the boats because they were told the wait for the bus was 2 hours but a CM at the bus. We decided to too walk over to the TTC and take the ferry across some that was still running. We got almost to the poly and saw they started using the boats that normally run from MK to wilderness lodge to pick up at GF and poly. We hurried over to the poly dock and just missed the boat. We ended up waiting about another 30 minutes for the boat to come back. By the time we got to MK it was 3 and we had missed our first fastpass. Since we had missed that one we figured we'd set tink really quick. She was posted 20, but we pretty much walked into the first room. I asked about Jack and Sally when we got in line and they said there were a couple families already waiting. After that we worked on our fast passes. Went to splash which was a walk on. DS And DH did it first while DD and I went to carpets. We stopped by the frontier trading post because my husband wanted a party pin. They said they were all out. So we walked back to splash. After I rode with DS we went to Peter pan and rode the carousel. We went to seven dwarves and asked if it would be possible to use our anytime fastpass there. She said not normally, but because of where we got it from she'd let us. That ended up being DD's first roller coaster. Walked into cups, dumbo, and barnstormer after that. Went to big top after that too ask about the pin. They said they were all out, but star traders might have some so we headed that way. They ended up having the Alice pin that hubby wanted along with 2 others. After that it was about time for the castle lighting so we went towards the hub. Anna and Elsa didn't come out, but they still did the lighting. Since the crowds were so light earlier and we had managed to get a lot of what we wanted to done before the party started we did pictures and saw some characters and got cookies. I was having issues purchasing the 1 day photo pass and was told to go 3 different places by cm's until we were told the right place. We headed to the front of the park to get that taken care of. It was about 8:10 at that point and we noticed mainstreet was mostly only curb spots taken for the parade so we decided to stop and grab a spot. We ended up sitting behind a family in the curb across from the art shop. Before the parade started DS and DD both fell asleep and slept the whole parade. They ended up doing a short version of the parade, but it was still good. The wasn't any snow, but since the kids were asleep I wasn't too upset about that. We woke DS up when it was over and got our photos taken care of Santa had no wait so we headed the after that. We did a few more characters and got some really good pictures even though DD was asleep. Since DD was still out DS and I did some more rides while DH and DD hung out at pinocchio's. While DS and I passed frontier land on our way back from big thunder we noticed it was the full parade this time and that there was several open spots at the rope to watch. We headed towards mainstreet after grabbing some more cookies at pinocchio's we ended up catching the end of the parade on mainstreet which still didn't seem that packed. After the parade we stopped in the shop. Just before midnight we headed out. After the awful morning I'm really glad the party panned out. There were so few people before and during the party we managed to get way more done than I had planned and it was so nice to not have wall to wall people.

Sitting in the Tony’s reserved area now. Rain has held off and there is NO ONE here tonight. It’s awesome. “Bouncer” CM at the reserved area told me they converted half of the tickets for tonight’s party to tomorrow. So we should have plenty of elbow room. My current view :)

Wow! 1/2 of tickets sold to an already Sold Out party. Umm! Don't want to think about crowds tonight. o_O

I just want to reiterate that yesterday was an amazing experience. THAT should be how a party experience should be Disney.

I had a 100% fantastic experience yesterday. Totally and highly recommend.

All you need is sever thunderstorms in the area!

Wow! 1/2 of tickets sold to an already Sold Out party. Umm! Don't want to think about crowds tonight. o_O

I’m very eager to hear about tonight’s party. Looks like the day was nuts crowded.

https://wdwnt.com/2018/12/photo-rep...construction-12-dogs-of-christmas-crowds-etc/

Last edited:

73051239f68b0e7b2f240081052e33c4ae094d0ef974c6a71987e190a5cde79a99d19d12.jpg

Taken at 9:30 at night look how deserted Main Street was!

I think he meant half of TONY’s tickets, not party tickets. But I’d our party was only half full, at 3 times that number, that viewing area would be very crowded!

Perfect day please let us know the inside info on Tony’s later with a review!
I wish I could give a better review, but honestly I didn’t spend much time in Tony’s! We checked in right at 9:30 and enjoyed snacks until about 9:50 when we headed out to grab a spot for the fireworks. The antipasto spread was delicious, as were the desserts, but the hot items left much to be desired. After the fireworks I grabbed a spot right under the tree for the parade, and stayed there. The plan had been for hubby and I to take turns waiting and eating from 10-11 but the kids got comfy on the curb so I stayed with them and he spent the next hour inside alone! LOL I knew going into it that we were paying for the view, not the party, but i was still a bit bummed I didn’t get to experience more of it - particularly Tony himself. He spent the first half hour of the party with one family, so I never got a picture or the chance to hear him sing. The view was priceless, though (although with the low crowds that night, we may not have needed it! But who could have predicted that?!)

Quick review of Thursday night’s party (December 20th). As discussed, the weather was terrible that day. Our plan had been to arrive around 3 and get in a few Fastpasses before dinner, but as it was still raining at that time, we opted to skip the FPs in the hopes of avoiding the worst of the weather.

We arrived at MK around 5, grabbed our SOTMK cards, and headed down the bypass. No PP photographers were out as it was sprinkling, so we made our way to LTT for dinner. After dinner it was about 6:30 so we started the line for Aladdin and Abu. We met them right at 7 then proceeded to reenter the line for Jasmine and Genie. The CM warned us that it would still likely be Aladdin and Abu when we got back to the front of the line, so hubby took the kids on the Magic Carpets before lining back up. Timing was perfect, we were the third family after the switch.

After that, we walked on Jingle Cruise, POC, BTMRR and Haunted Mansion. While walking from BTMRR to HM we noticed plenty of front row parade spots still in Frontierland (this was a little after 8)!

After HM we sampled all the cookies at Pinocchio’s and rested for a bit. The rain had completely stopped by this time, and it was very cool.

We checked in at Tony’s about 9:15 and were let in at 9:25. We enjoyed snacks for about a half hour before walking out to grab a spot for the fireworks. We ended up dead center on Main Street just before Casey’s. The view was great and we were still able to see most of the 360 degree bursts. After that I held our parade spot with the kids while DH enjoyed Tony’s for a bit longer. We had planned to switch off, but the kids and I got comfy so just ended up staying put. Hubby brought them out hot chocolate to enjoy during the parade. The front of the viewing area was pretty crowded - someone tried to step between us and the kids just before parade time (they were sitting on the curb and we were leaning against the railing, leaving about 4 inches of “open space” between us) and DH kindly told them to find another spot LOL - but other than that, we had plenty of elbow room. And didn’t see anyone there without a wristband.

The view and the parade were amazing, though sadly no snow (a CM later told me if there’s been any precipitation it won’t snow as the snoap will make the ground too slippery). Makes sense, but still sad. After the parade we were all pretty pooped so called it a night. Not exactly the evening we had planned, but we definitely made the most of it and were shocked by how empty it was! If only all party crowds could be that nice!!

A few pictures from our night:
758B4070-F395-4C03-855E-3F4F81873514.jpeg

89F67FD2-E422-4802-AA2E-5A52879CA01D.jpeg

0A3F4675-9B0F-41C9-AB6D-433AC09B55EA.jpeg

E03CDEFB-5BF5-49C3-B9E5-4FC0E774153E.jpeg

Attachments

• 461533EC-33D0-4DD0-A98F-AF7D57242B36.jpeg
    461533EC-33D0-4DD0-A98F-AF7D57242B36.jpeg
    86.8 KB · Views: 10
Went to the party on the 20th and 21st. Both nights were awesome except we got stuck on POC for an hour and 45 minutes so we missed most of our Tony's reservation. Guest relations gave us a full refund for the party and 3 extra fast passes. It was odd seeing POC with the lights on and being evacuated, but we made the best of it. Rode many rides, and still have a ton of cookies (we are still here). Crowds overall haven't been that bad. Until next year!

With the holiday season coming to an end - and MVMCP season now over - just wanted to take a moment to say a big THANK YOU to @monique5 for once again hosting the thread and keeping up with all of the nitty gritty MVMCP details. Threads like these are not easy to keep current, but they provide such a valuable and helpful resource for current and future MVMCP planning. THANK YOU @monique5! :worship:

And also thank you to the countless folks who have contributed over the last 177 pages. I always learn so much from the collective wisdom and experiences of fellow DISers- thank you!

:thanks:

Happy Holidays all!

I just wanted to say we went on Friday, December 21st and I was nervous with it being the last party of the year. We had a great time! We just prioritized the things we really wanted to do. I will say we had a few of the treats and we actually thought they were not good at all....but everything else was great. I hope everyone had a wonderful time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!