"Official" 2018 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Holiday Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am struggling SO HARD with deciding whether we should buy tickets for December 6. We will be there December 4-10 with 6 day park Hoppers. Realistically only 5.5 days in the park due to traveling, which really isn't that many days!!

If we do the party, I worry we won't have the energy to spend a full day in the park. If we don't spend a full day in the park, I worry we won't do everything we want during our stay. Granted we are not going with children or anyone elderly so we may be able to make it work.

We want to schedule 3-4 ADRs as well as to hit every park and hit all the big ticket rides. But without knowing park hours at this point it's hard to plan or know what our days will look like.

I haven't been to the party since I was a kid so I can't really remember it.

AHHHH We don't know what to do! We are staying at AoA and plan on making any FP we can at 60 days if it matters.

The parties for our family are more special than a day in the park....especially if you don’t have kids that tire so quickly. The less people thing is a huge draw for us. We’ve done the park during the day, and on another day went to the party. We much preferred the party. You’re still tired at the end, but not that soul draining if I get hit by a stroller one more time I’m going to snap tired.

Thank you for hosting this thread again, @monique5. This thread was super helpful last year as we planned our first trip to include MVMCP. We had so much fun and can't wait again to this year. We're going to try a hopefully "less" crowded party. We did the Sunday of Thanksgiving weekend last year (it was sold out, but still very manageable for us). This year, we're going on Sunday 12/9, and look forward to getting super excited for MVMCP along with everyone here!!!

We are going to be there on Nov 25.

I just received the most awesome Mother’s Day gift... an MVMCP ticket! My two adult daughters and their families announced this yesterday, with a huge Mickey head balloon which they customized with “MVMCP” on one ear and “2018” on the other. To say I was tickled pink is the understatement of the year. They each received their own tickets as Mother’s Day gifts as well, and they have also purchased one for DH as s Father’s Day gift. He knows about this as he was consulted in advance.

This year marks a very special trip, as we will have a week in Orlando with just our 2 daughters. The plan did not include any park days, but lots of time enjoying the holiday atmosphere at the resorts and Disney Springs. I am thrilled to be headed into my beloved MK. Of course, I will be missing our beloved grandchildren when we do, but it will be amazing to do this with just the 4 of us. If someone wins the lottery before then, you can believe the younger generation will be partying along with us!

It's most of my group's first visit to Disney, and we picked up tickets to the November 9th party.
We didn't plan it ahead of time, but it just so happened to be in our window of being there, so I'm excited.

Tickets purchased for the 12/11 party. This will be our first time at Disney during the Christmas season! Thanks to everyone for the helpful tips. Main want is pictures with Jack Skellington.

Does anyone remember what the line was like for Santa Goofy at the beginning of the party?

If we were there around 6:45 to line up for him for 7pm, would we be done by 7:15?

Does anyone have an idea if Santa Goofy will be in AK - I’ve read that he was there in years past but not sure when. We’re going the week of Nov 25.

Does anyone know how long the wait for Judy Bops and Nick are? We would like to see them and also Rapunzel/Flynn and Tianna/Navene. Is this doable without standing in line all night?

Tickets purchased for the 12/11 party. This will be our first time at Disney during the Christmas season! Thanks to everyone for the helpful tips. Main want is pictures with Jack Skellington.

That's the party we are planning on going to! Heading to WDW for my 50th birthday on the 8th!!! I've only been twice before and never at Christmas time! CANNOT WAIT!

I am arriving December 4th and currently have 6 day hoppers. When I arrive, I want to upgrade to an annual pass. Can I purchase party tickets now at the AP discount? Or do I have to log in? Can I purchase the ticket and then later have the price reduced? Orrrr am I out of luck?

Just bought my tickets for my husband and i for the 11/30 party! This will be my first time doing the party so I'm super looking forward to it. I'm not a huge fan of Nightmare Before Christmas or Seven Dwarves - are there other characters that end up drawing HUGE lines that we need to watch out for?

Just bought my tickets for my husband and i for the 11/30 party! This will be my first time doing the party so I'm super looking forward to it. I'm not a huge fan of Nightmare Before Christmas or Seven Dwarves - are there other characters that end up drawing HUGE lines that we need to watch out for?
Probably depends on who you are interested in. Pooh and Gang may be a line. The list of characters are on the first page of thread.

So I know this has been talked about, but I keep seeing conflicting answers. Does anyone know for sure if you can or cannot book fp's on the day of your party only ticket? Party ticket without a park ticket that day. We have done this before but I read it was a problem for some last year, but not for others. Or are we waiting to see what happens when people start to try to do this with the Halloween party? Very frustrating not knowing!

So I know this has been talked about, but I keep seeing conflicting answers. Does anyone know for sure if you can or cannot book fp's on the day of your party only ticket? Party ticket without a park ticket that day. We have done this before but I read it was a problem for some last year, but not for others. Or are we waiting to see what happens when people start to try to do this with the Halloween party? Very frustrating not knowing!
I was one of the ones who was unable to book FP+'s on a party day last year. We had tickets for the party only. We were not staying on site, if that is relevant. I have also read of people being able to book before the party with just party tickets. I kept getting a message in MDE that said I couldn't book FP+'s even though my party tickets were linked to my account and magic band. I'm sorry that doesn't answer your question but FWIW that was my experience last year. This year I plan on being at MK the day of the party so it definitely won't be a problem for me. Sorry but this may be a wait and see situation.

I was one of the ones who was unable to book FP+'s on a party day last year. We had tickets for the party only. We were not staying on site, if that is relevant. I have also read of people being able to book before the party with just party tickets. I kept getting a message in MDE that said I couldn't book FP+'s even though my party tickets were linked to my account and magic band. I'm sorry that doesn't answer your question but FWIW that was my experience last year. This year I plan on being at MK the day of the party so it definitely won't be a problem for me. Sorry but this may be a wait and see situation.
I was afraid it might be a wait and see! Well at least the Halloween party goers will be the guinea pigs for us! LOL If it's going to be a problem this year, I think I may just add an extra park day onto our tickets. That way I can book the fp's either way. Still curious to see how it goes this year!

This will be our first party. For those that have done the parties before, when do you choose to eat? ( early TS anywhere or your favorite quick serve option in MK)How do you plan your day( beginning in the am)? Do you go to a different park in am? Just trying to maximize time and plan the day. Thanks for your personal input! We probably need a break prior to the party.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter