"Official" 2018 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Holiday Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was one of the ones who was unable to book FP+'s on a party day last year. We had tickets for the party only. We were not staying on site, if that is relevant. I have also read of people being able to book before the party with just party tickets. I kept getting a message in MDE that said I couldn't book FP+'s even though my party tickets were linked to my account and magic band. I'm sorry that doesn't answer your question but FWIW that was my experience last year. This year I plan on being at MK the day of the party so it definitely won't be a problem for me. Sorry but this may be a wait and see situation.
We went to MNSSHP last year and only had a party ticket. We had no issues booking fast passes for that day or any day. I did see others had issues though.

We went to MNSSHP last year and only had a party ticket. We had no issues booking fast passes for that day or any day. I did see others had issues though.
It seems that Disney is consistent in their inconsistency. The same things happened at MNSSHP as MVMCP last year. Some people were able to book FP's with just party tickets and others were not. Time will tell this year if the same thing happens.

I'm trying to decide between December 6th and December 9th. Thoughts?

We check out December 10th. We haven't booked flights yet if that matters.

UPDATE: I ended up buying December 6th tickets just now. Quick decision.

However, I was able to select an e-mail delivery? I thought you needed paper tickets? I did email because to me that's easiest. That won't cause any issues with it, will it?

Edit: Specifically, if I use my magic band to enter, it won't take from my park hopper day, will it? I am hoping to upgrade to an AP, but if for some reason I don't, I don't want the wrong ticket to get used.

Last edited:

However, I was able to select an e-mail delivery? I thought you needed paper tickets? I did email because to me that's easiest. That won't cause any issues with it, will it?
No it won't. We did e-mail delivery last year and when we got the e-mail just linked it to our MDE account so when we went to the park it was already on our Magic Bands. No worries.:cheer2:

Thanks! I get really worried having two different types of tickets on MDE. I mean I'm pretty positive I'm getting an AP lol, but I still manage to get freaked out about it!!

Are the dessert parties available at the 180 mark?? Thinking of treating my niece and sister to that during our party night if it is available.

I was only able to view reservations to BOG and CP on party nights, not CRT. Were you able to see all 3?

When I look at CRT it says "Please call 407-WDW-DINE to make a reservation". I've never seen that before.

Are the dessert parties available at the 180 mark?? Thinking of treating my niece and sister to that during our party night if it is available.

This is what I want to know. On Thurs when the Holiday dining first popped up I tried to get a dessert party but it said there were "no tables available". So then I tried to get the garden view party but all of the dates are greyed out. On Friday morning and since then whenever I try to look for the dessert party I get an error message "We were unable to check for available tables at this time. A problem occurred while looking for availability. Please try again later." The garden party dates are still greyed out and not available.

Edit: Specifically, if I use my magic band to enter, it won't take from my park hopper day, will it? I am hoping to upgrade to an AP, but if for some reason I don't, I don't want the wrong ticket to get used.

There is a special gate to enter for the party to get the wristband and program. If you are already in MK they have special places to obtain that.

This will be our first party. For those that have done the parties before, when do you choose to eat? ( early TS anywhere or your favorite quick serve option in MK)How do you plan your day( beginning in the am)? Do you go to a different park in am? Just trying to maximize time and plan the day. Thanks for your personal input! We probably need a break prior to the party.

We have done a 2:45pm ADR and a 4:00pm ADR. It depends on your plans. The night we lined up to meet Moana, we ate @ 2:45, 1st in line @ 4pm, got wristbands around 3:50pm in Adventureland. The night we planned for more rides and a few M&G, 4pm @ BoG then rode 7DMT w/FP+, then got in line to meet the Princesses with Princes.

Those are when I'll be there too, debating on which party to go to. How did you decide?
We'll be there Nov. 22 - Dec. 2. We went with a basic template of 2 park days and a rest day. Then we mapped out our park days, based on estimated crowd levels and hours. That left us with the rest days to choose from. We chose the first available in our plans, Sunday Nov. 25, mainly so that if something really crazy happened, we would still potentially have the option of getting tickets to another party later in our trip if needed. We couldn't stand the thought of scheduling later in the trip and then some crazy scenario occurs and we completely miss out on the party ( crazy weather, bad illness, etc).

Those are when I'll be there too, debating on which party to go to. How did you decide?

I decided to also do a Christmas behind the scenes tour that only runs on the Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday. That only left the Thursday or Friday party for us to choose from and I figured the Friday party would be a little more crowded. Plus we have an early ADR the next morning at Animal Kingdom and I didn't want to do that after a late night. Whichever night you decide to go you're going to have fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter