"Official" 2018 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Holiday Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm considering MVMCP for the special characters. Has anyone attended this and been able to see all of the characters? I'm reading about it and not sure how to do it all - characters, parade and fireworks!

I don’t know if you would be able to get all the characters in in one evening. The lines for a few of them can be very time consuming.

I'm considering MVMCP for the special characters. Has anyone attended this and been able to see all of the characters? I'm reading about it and not sure how to do it all - characters, parade and fireworks!
All characters is probably impossible in one night with the parade and fireworks, especially if you want highly sought after characters like the Seven Dwarfs, Sandy Claws, Moana, etc.

I would prioritize which characters are most important, and then see which come out before the party actually starts. If you play this right, you can get two highly sought after meets accomplished 15/20 minutes into the actual party. Use one of the parade times for additional characters as waits may be lessened. If you want a ton of characters and to see the shows and parades, you may benefit from doing two parties.

I don’t know if you would be able to get all the characters in in one evening. The lines for a few of them can be very time consuming.

I’d probably prioritize and then go from there. All seems to be a tall order. I know I’ve met Sandy Claus and am trying to decide if I want to meet him again as he’s a great meet. I’ve done the dwarfs and meh. I spent way too long in line for zootopia the first year they were there. I had a much better plan for hw Hallowee Party last year and saw a lot more people so I will likely work in a plan of attack similar this year.

This is part of the reason why I'm doing Minnie's Holiday Dine in HS - I get to take photos with Santa Goofy, and Minnie/Mickey/Donald/Minnie in holiday attire. That's several character Meet & Greets out of the way right there before I even make it to MVMCP.

I've met all characters during 2 parties. Fireworks and parade during both. Last year.

Since making FP+ on a party day can be hit or miss I decided to upgrade one day on my tickets. To go from 9 to 10 days on UCT was an additional $8 so I went for it. This way we will arrive to MK around 2-3 and have our FP+ set to start around 2:30. Then get in line for the Dwarves around 5 pm. We are going to cancel our BOG at 4:40 that day. I would rather leave our time open and grab a snack or QS meal.

I'm fireworks and parade focused but wanting to catch a few characters. Thinking about the Dwarves, Scrooge and Goofy - what are average waits from past years? I am a solo adult so standing in line too long for characters is not something that interests me. However, I did the Halloween party last year and this is my first Christmas party and I have yet to get the Dwarves pic.

I'm fireworks and parade focused but wanting to catch a few characters. Thinking about the Dwarves, Scrooge and Goofy - what are average waits from past years? I am a solo adult so standing in line too long for characters is not something that interests me. However, I did the Halloween party last year and this is my first Christmas party and I have yet to get the Dwarves pic.
The dwarfs and Scrooge will both have decent waits. Plan to line up for the dwarfs around 5, you should be one of the first to meet them (done by 6:30). Head immediately to Scrooge. This line can move slow even if it doesn't look too long, but you should be done here before 8 and have only “wasted” an hour of party time for 2 rare characters. Plan to hit Goofy closer to the end of the night (maybe between fireworks and the second parade?)

Whew! Not sure the pics are worth an hour and a half for me - will have to see how the night goes and how I feel. I think my longest wait at a party so far has been 20 minutes and that was for Gaston and Belle (just sat on the wall there with my LeFou's Brew).

I lined up as soon as they let people in at the Halloween party last year for Jack Skellington and did similar when we met the Dwarfs at a Christmas party. When we did the Dwarfs we grabbed food before getting in line and just ate dinner while we waited in line. (I actually ate dinner in the line for Pooh and friends at the Halloween party actually.) It wasn't too bad. Well except for the fact that a dwarf took a break as we were walking up for our photo and getting settled so we are short a dwarf in the picture we waited too long for.

Some pictures from last year's party to get everyone in the mood:

DpSLu8y.jpg

TEO5j85.jpg

ythP4fq.jpg

kf4JFP1.jpg

Going to Universal the week after Thanksgiving. We want to do 1 day at Magic Kingdom. We have never been during holidays so we need to see the decorations and castle lighting. Would it make more sense to purchase a MVMCP ticket or a 1-day Magic Kingdom ticket? We would probably focus on rides, parade, and fireworks.

Going to Universal the week after Thanksgiving. We want to do 1 day at Magic Kingdom. We have never been during holidays so we need to see the decorations and castle lighting. Would it make more sense to purchase a MVMCP ticket or a 1-day Magic Kingdom ticket? We would probably focus on rides, parade, and fireworks.
If you want to see the holiday parade and fireworks, you’ll need to do the party. The party tickets will be cheaper than a 1-day ticket to MK, but you’ll only get 8 hours out of the party vs 13+ on a regular day. The downside to doing a regular, non-party day in MK is that it will be super crowded. Personal choice, and pros and cons to each option, but personally I’d do the party.

If you want to see the holiday parade and fireworks, you’ll need to do the party. The party tickets will be cheaper than a 1-day ticket to MK, but you’ll only get 8 hours out of the party vs 13+ on a regular day. The downside to doing a regular, non-party day in MK is that it will be super crowded. Personal choice, and pros and cons to each option, but personally I’d do the party.

That’s been what I am thinking. I would like to have lower crowds. I figured we would get more done in 8 hours than 12 or so with crowds. Thank you!

We’re going to be there early November and will be attending our first Christmas party! Looking for advice on if we should purchase tickets for either the first or second party- those are our two choices.
Things our family of 6 wants to do include see the parade, see the fireworks, admire the decorations, enjoy the free treats, and go on as many rides as we can fit in. We aren’t planning to get character pictures.
Hoping for advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter