"Official" 2018 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Holiday Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm considering MVMCP for the special characters. Has anyone attended this and been able to see all of the characters? I'm reading about it and not sure how to do it all - characters, parade and fireworks!

We are doing the Christmas party for the first time this year, but we did the MNSSHP last year and we saw two characters and one was by accident at the end of the night. I would say unless it is not very crowded maybe 5 if you really tried. That’s just a guess of course.

We’re going to be there early November and will be attending our first Christmas party! Looking for advice on if we should purchase tickets for either the first or second party- those are our two choices.
Things our family of 6 wants to do include see the parade, see the fireworks, admire the decorations, enjoy the free treats, and go on as many rides as we can fit in. We aren’t planning to get character pictures.
Hoping for advice!

Personally I would say the 2nd night just because the first will be filled with alot of bloggers/vloggers gathering information for those that follow them

We are doing the Christmas party for the first time this year, but we did the MNSSHP last year and we saw two characters and one was by accident at the end of the night. I would say unless it is not very crowded maybe 5 if you really tried. That’s just a guess of course.
We are the same as you. Last year we did our first Halloween party and this year is our first Christmas party. We meet a few characters but we were mostly into the rides with shorter lines.

We’re going to be there early November and will be attending our first Christmas party! Looking for advice on if we should purchase tickets for either the first or second party- those are our two choices.
Things our family of 6 wants to do include see the parade, see the fireworks, admire the decorations, enjoy the free treats, and go on as many rides as we can fit in. We aren’t planning to get character pictures.
Hoping for advice!

Definitely the second. As a previous poster said, all the bloggers and their mothers go to the first party. We did that one year for the Halloween party and it sold out. Never again.

Also, lots of people try to do the last mnsshp and the first mvmcp, so that also makes the first party more crowded.

We are doing out first MVMCP on 11/8. The first party. It just worked out better with our plans. I didn't want to do the Friday night party since I want to hit RD on Saturday. We leave Sunday.

Does anyone have any experience doing a party on Veteran's Day? Our options are Monday the 12th or Tuesday the 13th. Our original thought was to do the Tuesday party but if we do we forgo the only evening EMH at Epcot during our vacation (assuming that schedule doesn't change). My only hesitation doing the Monday party is that it will be substantially more crowded than the Tuesday party. I know it won't be insane, but if we can avoid a crowd, we are gonna!

We did the last Halloween party last year and we met 7 characters if you include the Grave Diggers. At the Christmas party the year before (which would bet the first party) we spent way too long in the Nick & Judy line. We met them, Santa Goofy (also ended up being too long), Minnie & Daisy and Mary Poppins and Bert. I think that was it. There was a great thread on having a plan for the Halloween party last year and I am hoping to put together a similar plan for the Christmas party this year, especially once the parties have started and we know more details since we're going early December.

Last edited:

We will be doing our first MVMCP now that the boys are old enough (9,7,7) to hopefully last late enough to make it worth while. I am curious what everyone's IDEAL day looks like.
  • Park or no park before MVMCP.
    • If park, which one and why?
    • If no park, what do you do? Pool, Disney Springs, other?
  • Where do you eat? Early dinner outside MK, monorail resort? Someplace in MK? QS or TS? What is the best timing? Huge breakfast / early dinner?
  • What time do you arrive MK? Would you spend the whole day here or is that over kill?
  • How late do you stay? Is there a time you need to stay to make it feel "worth it."?

We will be doing our first MVMCP now that the boys are old enough (9,7,7) to hopefully last late enough to make it worth while. I am curious what everyone's IDEAL day looks like.
  • Where do you eat? Early dinner outside MK, monorail resort? Someplace in MK? QS or TS? What is the best timing? Huge breakfast / early dinner?
  • What time do you arrive MK? Would you spend the whole day here or is that over kill?
  • How late do you stay? Is there a time you need to stay to make it feel "worth it."?
My kids are 7 and 10. We’ve been doing parties for years and prefer a leisurely day prior to the party. Late breakfast & pool, or Disney Springs, maybe a park until lunch if we’re trying to fit a lot in that trip. But then always a nap before the party. My youngest and husband will sleep - my oldest and I usually just rest. We then enter MK at 4 and spend the 4-7 time on a TS dinner and then either rides or lining up for a priority meet and greet. We always stay until midnight.

This is an adults-only trip for me but this is my plan:
  • No park before MVMCP
  • I'm having a small breakfast at the hotel (maybe in the room?), my big meal will be my bday lunch at Grand Floridian cafe (cake! YUM) followed by a leisurely tour of the monorail resorts' Christmas decorations, and a QS dinner in the park around 5:00 pm, hopefully at Columbia Harbour House.
  • I plan to arrive at MK so I can be IN the park by 4:00 pm
  • I plan to stay in the MK, at a minimum, until the fireworks are done. If I still have energy I'll do rides but we have to get up and catch a flight the next day and be at work the day after that. And, well, I'm not 21 years old anymore.

Question about Jingle Cruise. Is it Jingle cruise all day or just at 7 when the party starts? Just trying to come up with a loose plan for our party (first timers here).

Also, if we plan to arrive at 4, will we be able to ride a couple of rides not on the party list (like the train that circles the park - I forget what it's called)?

I'm assuming everything is running until the party starts at 7.

This trip is a short long weekend getaway for my husband and I. Since our time is limited we are going to a park during the day and will leave and head over to MK around 3.

I've done both, but with my family we normally do a low key day before hand. A lot of times we'll do either a character meal or a lunch at Disney Springs and swim. Then head over to MK so we're in line prior to 4. If you don't have an AP it also extends the park tickets and gives you an "extra" park day.

Question about Jingle Cruise. Is it Jingle cruise all day or just at 7 when the party starts? Just trying to come up with a loose plan for our party (first timers here).

Also, if we plan to arrive at 4, will we be able to ride a couple of rides not on the party list (like the train that circles the park - I forget what it's called)?

I'm assuming everything is running until the party starts at 7.
Jingle Cruise all day, all season long. And yes, everything will be running until 6 for day guests; between 6 and 7 you’ll need your party wristband.

This thread got me thinking about my plan and trying to prioritize the M&Gs we want to do. I guess I should get my husbands opinion on it, but he normally defers to me for anything Disney. My biggest question mark is if we should do Sandy Claus again. He and I met him when we did the party together after W&D in 2015. So far my priorities list is:

Jack Skellington?

Scrooge McDuck & Donald

Ariel & Eric

Mickey

Minnie

Aurora & Philip

Snow & Prince

Pooh & friends

If we skip Sandy Clause I'm thinking we'd start with Scrooge McDuck & Donald if the meets stay the same. (Donald is my hubby's favorite character so we'll want to hit him for sure!) Wondering how early I would need to line up for Scrooge McDuck or if I'll have time to do him right after Sandy Claus. Guess that will depend on what we find out from the first parties.

This thread got me thinking about my plan and trying to prioritize the M&Gs we want to do. I guess I should get my husbands opinion on it, but he normally defers to me for anything Disney. My biggest question mark is if we should do Sandy Claus again. He and I met him when we did the party together after W&D in 2015. So far my priorities list is:

Jack Skellington?

Scrooge McDuck & Donald

Ariel & Eric

Mickey

Minnie

Aurora & Philip

Snow & Prince

Pooh & friends

If we skip Sandy Clause I'm thinking we'd start with Scrooge McDuck & Donald if the meets stay the same. (Donald is my hubby's favorite character so we'll want to hit him for sure!) Wondering how early I would need to line up for Scrooge McDuck or if I'll have time to do him right after Sandy Claus. Guess that will depend on what we find out from the first parties.
In 2016, Scrooge was our priority character. We lined up about 6:30 (a little later than I’d planned - had been hoping to be in line by 6:15). The line was quite long already and moved SO SLOW. We weren’t done until 7:45. If Sandy Claws is still coming out at 7 this year, you may need to choose between the two.

1 - I just got an email from Kim and Carrie dot com. They state that "Disney holiday merchandise will start to roll out in October."

2 - I NEED this holiday themed D&B tote!!!!!

Dooney-and-Bourke-Disney-Christmas-Print-Nordic-Winter-2018-1024x768.jpg

In 2016, Scrooge was our priority character. We lined up about 6:30 (a little later than I’d planned - had been hoping to be in line by 6:15). The line was quite long already and moved SO SLOW. We weren’t done until 7:45. If Sandy Claws is still coming out at 7 this year, you may need to choose between the two.

I just asked my husband and he said, well that took a while and we already have pictures with him so let's meet Scrooge McDuck. (We haven't met him since 2012 so a little further back...and the hubs likes the ducks! ;) ) Thanks for the feedback on meeting times. I'm trying to read some of last years thread, but sometimes it's just easier to ask! I think we'll aim to start with him as long as no one else we have to see pops up in early party reports. I'm working on my tentative/first draft of a plan because I have a little spare time and there's a lull in all of my Disney planning right now it seems!

Do you recommend lining up for the characters during the first parade? I want to see some of them but I don't want to start the party by standing in line for 90 minutes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter