"Official" 2018 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Holiday Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
The projections are minimal during Holiday Wishes (nothing like HEA) but I still prefer to see them from the front of the castle. It’s not “necessary” though. The garden in front of Casey’s is my favorite spot and doesn’t get overly crowded. You can likely find a spot 30-40 minutes out with ease.

ETA: I'd recommend Jingle Cruise as one of your 4-6 FPs as it’s harder to see all the holiday decorations on the ride once it gets dark.

However, it looks good at night too, especially with the xmas lights. I like to do it during the day and at night if possible.

The projections are minimal during Holiday Wishes (nothing like HEA) but I still prefer to see them from the front of the castle. It’s not “necessary” though. The garden in front of Casey’s is my favorite spot and doesn’t get overly crowded. You can likely find a spot 30-40 minutes out with ease.

ETA: I'd recommend Jingle Cruise as one of your 4-6 FPs as it’s harder to see all the holiday decorations on the ride once it gets dark.
Thanks for that tip. We'd been planning on it being the first ride we hit up. Hopefully. (With the route we're currently intending to take).

Is this the second year where the Holiday Wishes is happening since the since HEA started? We know for sure that Holiday Wishes is going to be the "same" as previous year's parties in regards to low-key (comparatively) projections?

Thanks for that tip. We'd been planning on it being the first ride we hit up. Hopefully. (With the route we're currently intending to take).

Is this the second year where the Holiday Wishes is happening since the since HEA started? We know for sure that Holiday Wishes is going to be the "same" as previous year's parties in regards to low-key (comparatively) projections?
Yes, HEA was running on non party days during the holidays last year, so we shouldn’t see any changes to Holiday Wishes.

Just read the pinned post and I know people can make ADRs until 6pm without a ticket- but if we aren’t attending the party and don’t have ADR how late can we be at MK?!

My littles are not night owls- can’t wait until theyre a little older and we can stay for party!

Just read the pinned post and I know people can make ADRs until 6pm without a ticket- but if we aren’t attending the party and don’t have ADR how late can we be at MK?!

My littles are not night owls- can’t wait until theyre a little older and we can stay for party!
The park closes at 6 to non party guests. After that day guests are expected to make their way to the exit and will not be able to join any more lines for rides, characters, etc. Last year they did the first castle lighting show between 6 and 7 and I believe day guests were allowed to stay and see that (I recall the Hub being mobbed and lots of people not wearing wristbands). You will definitely be directed to exit when the party starts at 7 if you have not already done so.

The park closes at 6 to non party guests. After that day guests are expected to make their way to the exit and will not be able to join any more lines for rides, characters, etc. Last year they did the first castle lighting show between 6 and 7 and I believe day guests were allowed to stay and see that (I recall the Hub being mobbed and lots of people not wearing wristbands). You will definitely be directed to exit when the party starts at 7 if you have not already done so.
Awesome thanks! We’ll prob be there until 4ish, happy to hear we won’t have a problem at that hour.

Awesome thanks! We’ll prob be there until 4ish, happy to hear we won’t have a problem at that hour.
You’ll have no problem as the park does not close until 6. Honestly we generally like to leave MK on party nights by about 4 if we aren’t attending the party because it can get pretty crowded during the overlap (they start allowing party guests to enter at 4 pm) and there usually aren’t any fast passes left to be had

Feel like its going to be packed that day! We are doing MK the 23rd too just in case we spend the party doing only Christmas things! Have you ever been? Always wanted to go and the wife finally agreed haha! We are from NJ!

Hi all, I am coming to the November 25th party, anyone else going! Also is there a good chance that party will be sold out?

You can check page 1, for previous threads post (I think Pst #3) to see sold out dates and dates they sold out on.

That will be the 1st party after 9D since no parties week of Thanksgiving.

If you have a plan, crowds not really an issue. HUB and Main St. tend to be crowded sold out party or not.

You can check page 1, for previous threads post (I think Pst #3) to see sold out dates and dates they sold out on.

That will be the 1st party after 9D since no parties week of Thanksgiving.

If you have a plan, crowds not really an issue. HUB and Main St. tend to be crowded sold out party or not.

Thanks! I have read that it gets sold out or close to! We are coming up with a plan, maybe ride the rides during the first parade and stuff like that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter