"Official" 2018 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Holiday Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
All joking aside it never occurred to me to go to two parties! Now I'm torn. There is no way I will get all the characters in on one night. Decisions. Decisions.

I honestly get it. It’s our first time going to a party and I really do feel a bit overwhelmed about fitting everything in. I’m giving serious thought to two. Expensive for a family of 4 though....what to do, what to do.

All joking aside it never occurred to me to go to two parties! Now I'm torn. There is no way I will get all the characters in on one night. Decisions. Decisions.

You can not get all the characters in during 1 party. The 1st year we attended, we only went to 1 party, but that was due to dates, we had a blast, but had the mindset of do a few things, not so many rides and would be okay. :D Fast forward, 2 parties are a must. :santa: Pause, this year due to school schedule and time of trip, 1 party. :sad2: So, I'm trying to figure out what to do.

I honestly get it. It’s our first time going to a party and I really do feel a bit overwhelmed about fitting everything in. I’m giving serious thought to two. Expensive for a family of 4 though....what to do, what to do.

I’ve never done Xmas before, but we did MNSSHP. On our first trip in 2015, I asked opinions and it was recommended to do 2 and we did. We never would’ve gotten all done in one night! And for our first MVMCP trip, we’re doing 2. If it’s anything like the Halloween parties, I figured we need at least 2. I do wish they weren’t so expensive! We are a family of 4 and I cringe when I hear the cost.

I made a separate thread for this, but maybe someone here knows. Is there a reason why there is not an AP discount for Sunday, December 9th? The calendar skips that day for some reason. Is there something going on that day? Expecting a large crowd or something?

I made a separate thread for this, but maybe someone here knows. Is there a reason why there is not an AP discount for Sunday, December 9th? The calendar skips that day for some reason. Is there something going on that day? Expecting a large crowd or something?

Whoa, I might want to hold
My horses on buying my 2nd night party tickets until I hear the answer.... I already bought tickets to the 12/11 party but was thinking perhaps 2 parties would be better. I just was too chicken to pull the trigger yet (over $300...)

Whoa, I might want to hold
My horses on buying my 2nd night party tickets until I hear the answer.... I already bought tickets to the 12/11 party but was thinking perhaps 2 parties would be better. I just was too chicken to pull the trigger yet (over $300...)

Agreed! I'm also hesitant to buy it. May just do the 11th as well.

Not sure, but only Disney truly knows why a discount isn't offered for 12/9. Pop Warner Cheer & Dance ends on 12/8.

So if we just want to see the parade, watch the fireworks, ride some rides and take it all in, one party is fine? Neither of us are into meeting the characters.

So if we just want to see the parade, watch the fireworks, ride some rides and take it all in, one party is fine? Neither of us are into meeting the characters.

Yes! :santa:
You would also have time for Magic Shots, free treats & shoppings. Probably a character or 2 towards end of night or in PFH when wait times are low, those are posted.

Can anyone tell me how crowded popular Pooh & friends and Mickey have been during the past parties?? Those are my only 2 priorities with my 2 yo.. and me being the OCD planner that I am, I am trying to figure out a plan of attack as early as possible!!!

Can anyone tell me how crowded popular Pooh & friends and Mickey have been during the past parties?? Those are my only 2 priorities with my 2 yo.. and me being the OCD planner that I am, I am trying to figure out a plan of attack as early as possible!!!

Line tends to be long, very popular, but doable. Definitely want to get in on the 1st set. Love them in the holiday attire. @Cluelyss can help with this.

Line tends to be long, very popular, but doable. Definitely want to get in on the 1st set. Love them in the holiday attire. @Cluelyss can help with this.

Adding onto that.. do they meet before 7pm like some of the other characters??? I am thinking to be in line for them in the beginning.. and then hit Mickey as we are leaving.. which i am sure is everyones plan lol

I went to the Party last night with my family. We had a good time but it was so busy! I thought that part of what you were paying for was a limited attendance experience? But it seemed busier than it has been on regular evenings!

The other downside was that Space Mountain and Pirates were both down for large chunks of the night. I think, as they are two of the special featured rides, they need to ensure that they are operating.

Last edited:
Have you tried calling them? Maybe it was an oversight.

Adding onto that.. do they meet before 7pm like some of the other characters??? I am thinking to be in line for them in the beginning.. and then hit Mickey as we are leaving.. which i am sure is everyones plan lol

No, they start @ 7pm. Probably line up by 6:15pm to be in 1st set and done early.

I went to the Party last night with my family. We had a good time but it was so busy! I thought that part of what you were paying for was a limited attendance experience? But it seemed busier than it has been on regular evenings!

The other downside was that Space Mountain and Pirates were both down for large chunks of the night. I think, as they are two of the special featured rides, they need to ensure that they are operating.

MNSSHP?

So the main characters we want pics with are 7Dwarfs, Scrooge McDuck and Sandy Claws. We plan to like up at 5pm for 7Dwarfs and I thought we should go to Scrooge Mcduck second and then onto Sandy Claws. What would be the best strategy for this? We also plan to watch the holiday parade and fireworks and any other holiday shows and do magic shots. We have regular park tickets so, not as worried about the rides as I'm planning to get a fp for the jingle cruise and 7DMT during the day. We're going to have a late start to the day and do rides during this time. Our MVMCP date is on Thue 12/13.

No, they start @ 7pm. Probably line up by 6:15pm to be in 1st set and done early.
This would be my recommendation as well. They take frequent breaks throughout the night so best to get them out of the way first thing.

As for Mickey, we always watch the second parade from the end of Main Street then hop into his line as soon as it passes. Wait time is maybe 10 minutes at the end of the night. He won’t command the wait times the exclusive characters will, but the later in the night you can go, the shorter his line will be. This is also a wait time you can monitor on the app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!