"Official" 2018 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Holiday Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the main characters we want pics with are 7Dwarfs, Scrooge McDuck and Sandy Claws. We plan to like up at 5pm for 7Dwarfs and I thought we should go to Scrooge Mcduck second and then onto Sandy Claws. What would be the best strategy for this? We also plan to watch the holiday parade and fireworks and any other holiday shows and do magic shots. We have regular park tickets so, not as worried about the rides as I'm planning to get a fp for the jingle cruise and 7DMT during the day. We're going to have a late start to the day and do rides during this time. Our MVMCP date is on Thue 12/13.

What are your plans from 4-5pm? I would line up earlier & be 1st or 1st 10. Sandy Claws is doable after the 2nd parade or later just be sure to check, could close b/t 11:!5-11:30pm depending on how many in line. You could get in line for Scrooge McDuck after the 7D, that line is slowing moving with several breaks. Not sure how many in party, but me & DH tag team character lines in FL/NFL, and ride with DH (Barnstormer, Dumbo, Tea Cup, LM sometimes).

When is the first A Frozen Holiday wish typically? Does it happen on dates before the first MVMCP?

You can check Post #3 for previous info if current info not updated.
A Frozen Holiday Wish
Queen Elsa from Frozen appears twice each evening to get the Castle Dream Lights lit up for the night in a 7 minute show.
Times: 6:15pm & 8:15pm

in the past....I'm thinking it was on party nights only, but day guests could see the 1st show, then it was nightly after the last party until December 31st.

What are your plans from 4-5pm? I would line up earlier & be 1st or 1st 10. Sandy Claws is doable after the 2nd parade or later just be sure to check, could close b/t 11:!5-11:30pm depending on how many in line. You could get in line for Scrooge McDuck after the 7D, that line is slowing moving with several breaks. Not sure how many in party, but me & DH tag team character lines in FL/NFL, and ride with DH (Barnstormer, Dumbo, Tea Cup, LM sometimes).
We could definitely get in line earlier. We will do this as no plans really. And it's just me and DD22 so, we will probably just hang out in line or maybe one of us will go get treats while the other waits. Ok I'll see about meeting Sandy Claws later in the evening that sounds doable. Thanks!

Our priorities are Jack as Sandy Claws, Snow/ Aurora with princes and Rapunzel/Tiana with princes and Nick and Judy.

Our plan is to line up early for Jack and then one set of princesses. Which would you prioritize first of Snow/Aurora and Rapunzel and Tiana?

I thought this "might" be the best place to ask instead of starting a new thread. I looked through first page and didn't see my answer.

Doesn't mean it's not there! I just didn't see it.

Will the holiday fireworks be showing on December 26th and 27th? I'm wanting to book the dessert party if it is.

We miss getting in for the Christmas Party by a day.

Thanks so much for this thread, it’s been really helpful in my planning. DH and I are attending the party for the first time on Dec 4th. The only characters we really want to meet are Scrooge and Winnie the Pooh & friends. We have a BOG dinner at 4pm and then we’re free to pick up wristbands and get in line for our first m&g. Which would you recommend we meet first and how early should we line up? Thanks! We’re so excited for our first party!

Our priorities are Jack as Sandy Claws, Snow/ Aurora with princes and Rapunzel/Tiana with princes and Nick and Judy.

Our plan is to line up early for Jack and then one set of princesses. Which would you prioritize first of Snow/Aurora and Rapunzel and Tiana?
Prioritize Snow and Aurora. This is the only place to meet their princes. With Flynn at Bon Voyage now, their line isn’t quite as long as it used to be.

You can check Post #3 for previous info if current info not updated.
A Frozen Holiday Wish
Queen Elsa from Frozen appears twice each evening to get the Castle Dream Lights lit up for the night in a 7 minute show.
Times: 6:15pm & 8:15pm

in the past....I'm thinking it was on party nights only, but day guests could see the 1st show, then it was nightly after the last party until December 31st.
It runs nightly - but twice on party nights, once before for day guests and once during. It starts as soon as the Dream lights are turned on (which is usually before the first party).

I thought this "might" be the best place to ask instead of starting a new thread. I looked through first page and didn't see my answer.

Doesn't mean it's not there! I just didn't see it.

Will the holiday fireworks be showing on December 26th and 27th? I'm wanting to book the dessert party if it is.

We miss getting in for the Christmas Party by a day.

See Post #1 - Fireworks
What time is Holiday Wishes (Fireworks)?
Holiday Wishes - Celebrate the Spirit of the Season is at 10:00pm on party nights.
Holiday Wishes is Exclusive to MVMCP.

See Post #1 - Fireworks
What time is Holiday Wishes (Fireworks)?
Holiday Wishes - Celebrate the Spirit of the Season is at 10:00pm on party nights.
Holiday Wishes is Exclusive to MVMCP.
In the past, I believe they've shown these the week of Christmas and there are no parties after the 21st.

That's what I'm asking...for this year.

In the past, I believe they've shown these the week of Christmas and there are no parties after the 21st.

As of right now, on the Disney site, it is showing the Christmas Fireworks showing the week of Christmas. But we are not sure if it is a mistake. So maybe? Last year they did not show them that week because HEA was so popular. And it still is. So we will see.

As of right now, on the Disney site, it is showing the Christmas Fireworks showing the week of Christmas. But we are not sure if it is a mistake. So maybe? Last year they did not show them that week because HEA was so popular. And it still is. So we will see.

This! Last year it was exclusive to MVMCP. There have been numerous mistakes/errors (which they chagned) on the official Disney website this year, even with MNSSHP. So only going by this info until 2018 MVMCP details are released.

This! Last year it was exclusive to MVMCP. There have been numerous mistakes/errors (which they chagned) on the official Disney website this year, even with MNSSHP. So only going by this info until 2018 MVMCP details are released.
Thank you both!

Hi all! This thread has been super duper informative. Thank you all for the stories and tips already shared!

My bf and I will be attending our first ever holiday party on 11-16.
We aren't big into characters, but I definitely want to meet Sandy Claws. (I'm gonna try for him at the end of the evening as per previous suggestions).

My big question right now is this: While we have multi-day PHs, it is our plan to not use a "ticket day" for the party. All our FPs are booked, but I cant seem to get more than 2 for party day. Is there a way to time things just right to get my 3 FPs in that window between 4-7?

So far, I have *Meet Mickey at Town Square 3:20-4:20 and *Space Mountain 4:20-5:20

There were some FPs available for the ultra short time slot of 5:30-6, but I can not seem to add them for the life of me. Any advice?

It runs nightly - but twice on party nights, once before for day guests and once during. It starts as soon as the Dream lights are turned on (which is usually before the first party).

Oo thank you! Do they post that date anywhere? I’m hoping to see them on a date that isn’t our party date

Hi all! This thread has been super duper informative. Thank you all for the stories and tips already shared!

We aren't big into characters, but I definitely want to meet Sandy Claws. (I'm gonna try for him at the end of the evening as per previous suggestions).

My big question right now is this: While we have multi-day PHs, it is our plan to not use a "ticket day" for the party. All our FPs are booked, but I cant seem to get more than 2 for party day. Is there a way to time things just right to get my 3 FPs in that window between 4-7?

So far, I have *Meet Mickey at Town Square 3:20-4:20 and *Space Mountain 4:20-5:20

There were some FPs available for the ultra short time slot of 5:30-6, but I can not seem to add them for the life of me. Any advice?

The park closes at 6pm. So the only time available would be 5:30-6pm.

I believe you have to book them at 3:30-4:30, 4:30-5:30, and 5:30-6:30. So when you get there, you go straight to your first FP+.

Sorry.. this is not advice...but Can you please let us know if you get the email that says you have more fast pass days than park tickets!! I'm hoping I can book 2 FP myself for before our party on 12/11...thank you!!

Sorry.. this is not advice...but Can you please let us know if you get the email that says you have more fast pass days than park tickets!! I'm hoping I can book 2 FP myself for before our party on 12/11...thank you!!
In the past with party tickets if you make your party FP's after you have done all of your park tickets it has worked out just fine. If you do it the other way around they tend to cancel one day of our FP's. Not sure if that helps you or not. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter