"Official" 2018 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party - Holiday Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
How far in advance would everyone recommend booking tickets? I'm planning to go November 8 and have never gone before, so didn't know if I needed to buy soon or if I can hold off for a few! Are the tickets refundable if for some reason I do not make it that night?

I just got tickets for December 11th, and they were $105, but I only know the adult price since my kids are teenagers :)

Just bought our party tickets for December 6th! The lady on the phone was so cute when I told her it's been 20 years since I've been to the Christmas party...I think she was more excited than I was!

Wow .. so I have a trip that is planned November 11 - November 16 .. so there is only ONE day (not counting my arrival day) that there is NOT a party? Wednesday 11/14? Is that normal? 4 parties in one week .. all on the weekdays? And not another party the entire next week (Thanksgiving week)

EESH.

That being said .. What's MK like on a party day? Now that the dates are announced (and I have no plans attending a party as I am going with a 2 yo and 6 yo that I doubt will stay up later than 8) ... I need to start planning which days I am going to which parks.

I've "heard" that trying to go to MK on a non-party day is a nightmare since no one wants to go on a day where it closes early.

True? I don't have issue leaving the park early since we'll be touring with little kids.

Wow .. so I have a trip that is planned November 11 - November 16 .. so there is only ONE day (not counting my arrival day) that there is NOT a party? Wednesday 11/14? Is that normal? 4 parties in one week .. all on the weekdays? And not another party the entire next week (Thanksgiving week)

EESH.

That being said .. What's MK like on a party day? Now that the dates are announced (and I have no plans attending a party as I am going with a 2 yo and 6 yo that I doubt will stay up later than 8) ... I need to start planning which days I am going to which parks.

I've "heard" that trying to go to MK on a non-party day is a nightmare since no one wants to go on a day where it closes early.

True? I don't have issue leaving the park early since we'll be touring with little kids.

Yup. This is why we've avoided November so far. We usually used to go in August but DD and I really wanted to see the decorations. We chose Jersey Week. Only two parties which I can "deal" with.

First timer here! Would you all advise to attend the party on Tuesday, 11/27 or Thursday, 11/29?

Yup. This is why we've avoided November so far. We usually used to go in August but DD and I really wanted to see the decorations. We chose Jersey Week. Only two parties which I can "deal" with.

I purposely chose this week for a few reasons since I figured it would be as crowded as Thanksgiving and can see Christmas decorations. So while, it may be tough to work around, I'm still happy with the dates I picked.

So .. that's fine .. I can work around the parties, but I am leaning towards just going on a party day now as I would assume:
1) If you are not doing the party, you want to avoid going to a park that closes super early
2) If you are doing the party, you aren't spending the day at MK since you will be there at night.

I wonder if this makes Veterans Day (Monday 11/12) a good day to go (despite it being a holiday)? Otherwise I guess 11/13 will be one of my MK days.

Where can I find the details? Like when do party guests get allowed in? When do non-party guests get kicked out? How do they enforce that? Do you get ushered out or are you simply not allowed on rides so you can leisurely do some shopping/eating as you leave?

Can I purchase tickets for other family members ( that have different rooms and reservation numbers) during my call for tickets? How does it work? Thanks for your help.

I purposely chose this week for a few reasons since I figured it would be as crowded as Thanksgiving and can see Christmas decorations. So while, it may be tough to work around, I'm still happy with the dates I picked.

So .. that's fine .. I can work around the parties, but I am leaning towards just going on a party day now as I would assume:
1) If you are not doing the party, you want to avoid going to a park that closes super early
2) If you are doing the party, you aren't spending the day at MK since you will be there at night.

I wonder if this makes Veterans Day (Monday 11/12) a good day to go (despite it being a holiday)? Otherwise I guess 11/13 will be one of my MK days.

Where can I find the details? Like when do party guests get allowed in? When do non-party guests get kicked out? How do they enforce that? Do you get ushered out or are you simply not allowed on rides so you can leisurely do some shopping/eating as you leave?

I've never been to a party before. This will be my first time! But from what I remember reading is that MK is pretty low crowds on party days. If you don't mind missing the evening show you can get a lot accomplished. Party guests are allowed in and they start sending non party guests out at 6 pm. I don't know how they enforce it. I think wrist bans?? I don't think you are allowed to even shop and just not ride rides.

We just went this past year. If you are not planning on doing a party and your kids won't stay up for the evening hour events at MK anyway, I would go to MK on a party day and just leave when they make regular guests leave between 6-7. This past year we went to MK on one of the only non party nights and it WAS a nightmare. It was the most crowded I have ever seen. We ended up leaving and watching the fireworks on the boat back to the Poly. Couldn't see the projections on the castle and I was very disappointed because that was our only night to see them (parties all the other nights). We did go to a party though. My daughter is 7. She has a hard time staying up, but we rested that day and made her very aware that she had to stay through the fireworks so I wouldn't cry! Two years ago we went to the Halloween party and she couldn't even last through the first parade and we ended up leaving the party early and watched those fireworks from the monorail while she slept on my lap.

We did MK on a party night for mnsshp in 2016. Crowds were really low, but it was also mid September and crowds were normally low that time of year anyway. It was actually kind of nice having the evening off to do an adr or hang out at the pool. We ended up calling it an early night because we were doing rope drop to close all or other days anyway. As far as pay nights go last year day guests could stay to watch the castle lighting and do some shopping, but once 6 hit they were on it about making sure you had a wrist band to go on rides. At least they were at the party we went to.

We will probably be going simply because of how many nights MK will close early for the parties. We were hoping to go but now are kinda forced because we like being in the park late. However, I haven't been able to even check the Disney website for prices or anything cause Stitch keeps eating the darn page! :badpc:

I will say I'm excited to go to the party. We did MNSSHP last year and loved it so hopefully we will enjoy Christmas just as much!

Not sure when I'm going to buy yet because I have not been able to discuss it with my sister since she's at work.
Just wondering if anyone has bought for December 9th and can tell me how much it is for adults so I can let my sister know before calling to buy.
Also anyone know when they will go on sale on the website since I'd prefer to do it that way.

We just went this past year. If you are not planning on doing a party and your kids won't stay up for the evening hour events at MK anyway, I would go to MK on a party day and just leave when they make regular guests leave between 6-7. This past year we went to MK on one of the only non party nights and it WAS a nightmare. It was the most crowded I have ever seen. We ended up leaving and watching the fireworks on the boat back to the Poly. Couldn't see the projections on the castle and I was very disappointed because that was our only night to see them (parties all the other nights). We did go to a party though. My daughter is 7. She has a hard time staying up, but we rested that day and made her very aware that she had to stay through the fireworks so I wouldn't cry! Two years ago we went to the Halloween party and she couldn't even last through the first parade and we ended up leaving the party early and watched those fireworks from the monorail while she slept on my lap.

Thanks ... that sounds like a plan then. I don't have an issue leaving the park early as the kids will peter out by dinner anyway.
Does anyone here know .. I assume ADRs for those nights (for restaurants in the parks) are just limited on times the? The last dinner reservatoin I could possible get for like BOG or Crystal Palace would be around 6:00 PM or so?

I was only planning 4 park days, so telling the other members of the party (my wife and my parents) that we are going to MK on a day it closes 3 hours early, may generate some negative feedback :) Especially for the grandparents since it has been a while since they've been there.

I was planning on getting an AP (for just me, wife and two kids), so I could possibly be flexible and hit MK again in the morning the day we leave, so we could get some extra time there. (and so we can go back before my daughter's 3rd birthday in October 2019).
Will be disappointing not to see a night show, but I haven't seen a full night show since 2014 when I started taking my son after he turned 2. Heh.

I'll have hoppers (even if I don't get an AP), so maybe one of the nights my wife and I will hop over to MK just to see the castle show on the non-party night while the grandparents watch the kids. .. Heck do I splurge and just get tickets to the party for the wife and I? LOL. Nah nah .. save it for later when the kids are older.!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter