Official 2018 Star Wars Dark Side Weekend

@Ariel484 posted the course from Year 1 of SWDS
@FFigawi posted the course from Year 2 of SWDS

By all accounts, Year 2 seemed to go much more smoothly and was a much better received course with fewer bottlenecks. Who knows with rD these days, but I'd lean towards them staying with the Year 2 course for the next SWDS race weekend.
Have I lost it (entirely possible!!)? I thought 2016 was the first SWDS race... ... maybe I just need coffee...

If you are offsite and drive - People who drove this year had to park at EPCOT and then were shuttled to the TTC for the start. So, then when you finished at Epcot your car was there. Parking was only at Epcot. Read it went smoothly as well for drivers (unlike year 1 where it finished at ESPN & started at Epcot, so doubt they go back to that course).

This year was sooo much better. The transport from Epcot to starting line was super fast and having your car there at the end was so nice. Last year I had to wait more than 30 minutes in line to catch the shuttle back to my car at the end. My legs were killing me.

This year was sooo much better. The transport from Epcot to starting line was super fast and having your car there at the end was so nice. Last year I had to wait more than 30 minutes in line to catch the shuttle back to my car at the end. My legs were killing me.
That is a relief. Would prefer to stay somewhere like Wyndham bonnet creek since it so close to Epcot and has a full kitchen. Would hate to do that run and wait 30min for a ride to my car.

We gear bag checked this year (2017). At the start at TTC they put them all in carts/trucks and then they transported them to the finish at Epcot where they are in tents for pickup. Easy and painless.

If you are offsite and drive - People who drove this year had to park at EPCOT and then were shuttled to the TTC for the start. So, then when you finished at Epcot your car was there. Parking was only at Epcot. Read it went smoothly as well for drivers (unlike year 1 where it finished at ESPN & started at Epcot, so doubt they go back to that course).
How do they know who's bad is whose? Do they just you a ticket (like valet parking) that matches the ticket on your bag or is it the honor system which makes me nervous.

How do they know who's bad is whose? Do they just you a ticket (like valet parking) that matches the ticket on your bag or is it the honor system which makes me nervous.
They write your first intitial of last name and bib number (Like R345) and then the tents are marked with last name letters for pick up. The volunteers see your bib number and then can easily find it. I think unless my memory is messed up, but it's always been easy.

Debating whether to stay on site or off site.
I stay offsite for most races and it's very easy, as long as you have a car. (Taxi/Uber might be easy, too, but I don't know anything about that, personally.) Just be sure to leave early, before roads close and traffic backs up.

They do! This year was my first time checking stuff since I went alone and put money my wallet, basically my life in there and it all was there at the end.
I just want to strongly caution against leaving anything of value in your gEar check bag - they DO sometimes get lost. A friend fo mine left his car key in his bag one race and the bag was lost; he was stuck with his car sitting in the EP lot and no way of starting it to leave. I always keep my car key, ID and a little cash on me during races. If I check a bag, I only put things in there that won't be a big deal if lost: change of shirt, flip flops, etc.

I stay offsite for most races and it's very easy, as long as you have a car. (Taxi/Uber might be easy, too, but I don't know anything about that, personally.) Just be sure to leave early, before roads close and traffic backs up.

I just want to strongly caution against leaving anything of value in your gEar check bag - they DO sometimes get lost. A friend fo mine left his car key in his bag one race and the bag was lost; he was stuck with his car sitting in the EP lot and no way of starting it to leave. I always keep my car key, ID and a little cash on me during races. If I check a bag, I only put things in there that won't be a big deal if lost: change of shirt, flip flops, etc.
I would bring my car key with me. Just want something to eat and drink after the race (don't really enjoy drinking Powerade after a race and eating bananas). Also may want a change of clothes.

What food do they give runners after the race? I heard they supply clif gels during race.

What food do they give runners after the race? I heard they supply clif gels during race.
Bananas and a snack box after - usually an assortment of things, like chips, candy, hummus or cheese sauce, nothing very substantial.

Bananas and a snack box after - usually an assortment of things, like chips, candy, hummus or cheese sauce, nothing very substantial.
Yea does not sound very appealing, especially after running 13 miles. Think I will stick with my own post run meal of a juice and a homemade paleo bar. Don't like eating a lot after a long run.

You are correct:

Year 1: 2016. Start: Epcot Finish: WWoS
Year 2: 2017. Start: TTC Finish: Epcot
OK, good... so I'm not TOTALLY crazy... :)

I have a vague recollection of people being acknowledged in some fashion if they have run every year that a particular race has been around. I am REALLY getting ahead of myself, as we're only in year 2 of SWDS, but am I remembering that correctly?

Yea does not sound very appealing, especially after running 13 miles. Think I will stick with my own post run meal of a juice and a homemade paleo bar. Don't like eating a lot after a long run.
We put some of our own food into the gear bag too, like a Nesquick chocolate milk & my brother has starting making his own bars so we may throw some of those in too at future races.

We put some of our own food into the gear bag too, like a Nesquick chocolate milk & my brother has starting making his own bars so we may throw some of those in too at future races.
Yea definitely a lot better and super easy to make, especially if you have a Whole Foods nearby.

It's the honor system. The faster you are, the more time you have to poke around & find a bag you like more than your own. :rotfl2:
I did a race in key largo where it was the honor system. I had a small sling bag with a shirt and some food. Was still there. I think most runners would not put anything valuable in their bags

When I registered for the challenge recently, I didn't order the jacket. Does anyone have any info on them and what they typically look like? Since this will be my first rD race I'm thinking about going back in to order it.

Thanks in advance,
Robert

When I registered for the challenge recently, I didn't order the jacket. Does anyone have any info on them and what they typically look like? Since this will be my first rD race I'm thinking about going back in to order it.

Thanks in advance,
Robert
Here's what the jacket looked like for 2016... http://www.ebay.com/itm/Run-Disney-...hash=item1c656d97bf:m:mF-yBTr6Erl93qieg8VzEGw

Here's a 2017 jacket: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-D...678267?hash=item2832f60ebb:g:r5wAAOSwrhBZBjeu

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!