Official 2018 Star Wars Dark Side Weekend

Discussion in 'runDisney' started by PrincessV, May 5, 2017.

1. JClimacus

JClimacus Mouseketeer

@jaxonp good luck in the marathon, and I'm looking forward to hearing out it compares with Dark Side.

jaxonp likes this.
  2. JClimacus

JClimacus Mouseketeer

I'm officially registered for the First Order Challenge. I'll be running the 10k by myself and then the half with my daughter. Looking forward to a novel runDisney event and some warm weather for a change!

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. fatmanatee

fatmanatee Earning My Ears

I actually did the Light Side 10k with a charity partner since they sold out of spots and then later they opened up more spots. It's no guarantee that it happens in April but it has happened.

AndreaDM likes this.
  5. TinkerBellLiz

TinkerBellLiz Mouseketeer

They opened up Wine and Dine 10k back in July for a few days and we grabbed spots. Pure conjecture on my part, but I would not expect it to open for a couple of weeks while they gauge the half registrations from the Virtual Kessel they just added. If folks choose the half over the challenge it’s more likely.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
  6. JClimacus

JClimacus Mouseketeer

Just heard from my travel agent that I'm getting a full refund for our Poly reservation that we couldn't get to over Marathon Weekend. Makes me all the more excited for Dark Side!

7. MickeyMinnieMom

MickeyMinnieMom If you ticket it, they will come... ;)

Couldn’t get to??

8. Ariel484

Ariel484 DIS Veteran

Awesome! Did you get your bib through them as well? Your experience is making me think I definitely need to book through a TA for future Marathons Weekend trips...

9. JClimacus

JClimacus Mouseketeer

The storm up here (New England) on Thursday led to a cancelled flight, then the rescheduled flight was cancelled as well. No chance to get there before the races even if we jumped in the car and drove. (I did the math. 20 hour drive and if we had left when the last flight was cancelled we would have gotten there at 6:00 AM at best on Saturday morning.)

@Ariel484 I did not get our bibs through them (it was MEI Travel). They've been very good.

Ariel484 likes this.
  10. MickeyMinnieMom

MickeyMinnieMom If you ticket it, they will come... ;)

Oh, I see! Sorry if I missed that upthread. Glad it’s working out for you for DS though!

JClimacus likes this.
  11. Bree

Bree DIS Veteran

Hotel is booked. Staying two nights at POFQ even though I live 40 minutes away!

JClimacus likes this.
  12. absolutmey

absolutmey back for Dark Side 2018!

I'm registered for the First Order Challenge and the Kessel Run! I'm SO excited!

First Princess, then Dark Side! It's a rD kind of year.

maw, JClimacus and MickeyMinnieMom like this.
  13. hauntedcity

hauntedcity DIS Veteran

In the Marathon Weekend "virtual event bag", there is an offer for $25 off a Dark Side registration. However, when I followed the "Buy" link, it showed the regular $330 price for the challenge.

Here's what the offer says: "Get $25 off your race entry today for the 2018 Star Wars Dark Side Half Marathon or First Order Challenge!"
    The offer is good until 4/11/2018.

Does anyone know how to get that discounted price?

Thanks,
    Doug

UPDATE: forget it! I found it! The website initially shows the full price, but after you get to the 3rd screen (where they ask for the money), the discount is shown.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
    PrincessV likes this.
  14. JClimacus

JClimacus Mouseketeer

Grrrr. Wish I had noticed that before I signed up for Dark Side!

15. LilyJC

LilyJC Mouseketeer

I would email them to ask for a refund. The link didn’t work for me to get the discount but did for my hubby. I emailed and they told me to go ahead and register and then they’d refund the $25. Sure enough it’s already been processed and refunded to my account! Good luck!

JClimacus likes this.
  16. FlashAM7

FlashAM7 Mouseketeer

For the Kessel run, do we know when they will send us our medals? Is it immediately after we sign up, they ship? Or will they ship in April?

17. KAT4DISNEY

KAT4DISNEY Glad to be a test subject

You would receive the medal right after completing the half marathon in April.

18. MilesMouse

MilesMouse Earning My Ears

Yes, what KAT said. Kessel medal at the finish of the half and I believe the virtual race medal is given to you at packet pick up.

The Expert likes this.
  19. The Expert

The Expert Has been to every Disney park in the world!

I think this is right. Those who do just the virtual Half will have that medal mailed, like the virtual 5K series the last two years.

20. Sleepless Knight

Sleepless Knight Jedi Knight Seeking His Jedi Princess

My guess would be that they give us the virtual half medal at the wristband station for Kessel Run if they use wristbands again.

The Expert likes this.
  21. OrangeBirdGirl

OrangeBirdGirl DIS Veteran

Yesterday morning DH & I were waiting for Magical Express to take us home from Dopey. We said how we were so glad we were done with training. DH loves Star Wars and we did inaugural Dark Side. Then last night he was thinking about KR and the virtual and I expected registration to be full. So I foolishly clicked on the register now link and sure enough there were First Order spots still open. Told him to think on it for the day. Well tonight both DH & I are signed up for First Order challenge, flights & hotel booked and DH is signed up for Virtual as well......... Taking a week off and back to training next week.