Official 2018 Star Wars Dark Side Weekend

I'm an Annual Passholder and I can't seem to register... Anyone else having problems? Under the passholder benefits section, I click on the early registration for RunDisney link and it redirects me to buy a new pass. My current pass doesn't expire until November...

Good luck to everyone registering! It's killing me not registering today, but SWDS is the same weekend as the London Marathon and if that lottery comes through, I'll have to do it! Hopefully there will still be challenge slots open come October/November like there were this year.

I'm an Annual Passholder and I can't seem to register... Anyone else having problems? Under the passholder benefits section, I click on the early registration for RunDisney link and it redirects me to buy a new pass. My current pass doesn't expire until November...
It seems to be a glitch that only hits some people and Disney IT hasn't been very helpful, form what I've heard. Try clearing your cache - that might work. If it doesn't, I've seen others say they called rD and were given the link when they explained what was happening. Good luck!

I just registered my DH and 2 DSes for the 5K and I registered for the 10K! I'm so excited! Quick question, what time does everyone wake up to get to the corrals in time? We are DVC and will be staying at BCV (which I got to book today too). Excited to start planning our trip (in my head at least until dining opens) :yay:

Quick question, what time does everyone wake up to get to the corrals in time?
I think this mostly depends on how much time one needs to get ready, and how one feels about being early and waiting around vs. leaving later and possibly needing to rush. So I imagine you'll see a wide variety of answers! I leave my resort at the same time race buses start running - which we'll know when the Official Race Guide is released shortly before race weekend. This year, the half started at 5:30am and buses started running at 3:00am, so I left my resort at 3:00am I was offsite and drove, but I'd still leave that early if I were onsite and using buses because I hate running late and would rather have time to kill. Especially since they had characters out for pics before the race, and those lines were as long as an hour wait. So I know from experience in training that I need an hour and fifteen minutes to get ready, so I got up at 1:45am. Other folks don't need that much time, of course, and wake up later. You just have to work around your own needs.

I just registered my DH and 2 DSes for the 5K and I registered for the 10K! I'm so excited! Quick question, what time does everyone wake up to get to the corrals in time? We are DVC and will be staying at BCV (which I got to book today too). Excited to start planning our trip (in my head at least until dining opens) :yay:

We're a little later rising participants and are just getting up in the 3-3:30 range and aiming to be at the bus stop 30 minutes or so before the time the guide says is the last bus that will get us there on time. Actually for the 10K this year we got there just 5 or so minutes before that "last" time and did have a bit of a wait for the bus but we're in the later corrals and had no issues getting where we needed to be plus meeting up with some friends and chatting before we headed to our corral. It all depends on your comfort level but if you want some pictures with characters before the race then plan on one of the first buses.

Registered for the challenge! It feels weird to sign up for the second half of Kessel Run before the first half.
Hopefully it comforts you to know that some people are registered for Light Side so Disney shouldn't be cancelling it without a logistical nightmare

I successfully registered 3 of us for the 5K and my daughter for the kids race today!! Woohoo! All in all - it took about 15 minutes from my phones with only one hiccup. I couldn't figure out how to log out of my active account to log into my DHs - but luckily, I have a second phone for work so I ended up doing his reservation there! One thing is that I really can't get over how expensive the 5k is - there better be a lot of 'fun' (is that the right word for the dark side?) in the fun run!!

Also got to get our DVC registrations done! We are officially booked at BLT!

We are all registered! We got the challenge during past participants sign up, but needed to register three 5k races today.

My friend & I got in for the 10K!!! No backing out now!!! :darth: :chewy:

When will we be able to book hotels? Will all Disney hotels offer transport to the races or just certain ones?

My friend & I got in for the 10K!!! No backing out now!!! :darth: :chewy:

When will we be able to book hotels? Will all Disney hotels offer transport to the races or just certain ones?
All WDW resorts will be Host hotels, i.e.: will provide expo and race transportation. You can book now, but discounts won't release for a while. There's a great sub-section in the Resorts section that tracks discount releases!

Where? When I go to look things up on the site to only let's you scroll till December 2017...
We're local and just need 3 nights room only so no need for a TA
I never book this early, so I have no first-hand info, but I've seen others say they book into the new year by calling (rD travel or just the regular WDW reservations line.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter