Official 2018 Star Wars Dark Side Weekend

Even though I have no idea who I stopped to take pictures with (other than Space Bear, obvs), it was definitely a more enjoyable race than the boring W&D 10K.
It is a great crowd!

Off to MK whenever my husband wakes up

I think Star Wars and princess are about same size.

And yes, marathon weekend is way too big. The theme and the organition need work.
What’s wrong with the theme? It’s the fab five and works well. Those are the most general Disney characters. It just kind of makes sense to me.

I’d have to look at exact numbers but Princess sells out regularly and Star Wars does not.

What’s wrong with the theme? It’s the fab five and works well. Those are the most general Disney characters. It just kind of makes sense to me.

I’d have to look at exact numbers but Princess sells out regularly and Star Wars does not.

Theme isn’t used as well as Star Wars is. To me, Disney has been phoning in marathon weekend for years because it’s “marathon weekend”. The energy at the two events is completely different.

Also princess 10k had a bit over 1000 more runners than today’s race. Which isn’t bad since women dominate running with Star Wars definitely appearling towards men more, although that is pendulum is definitely shifting.

Anyway, to each there own!

When do you think they will call it if it’s cancelled? We will get credit toward another race? I thought for the 2017 half they didn’t give credit to challenge participants.

When do you think they will call it if it’s cancelled? We will get credit toward another race? I thought for the 2017 half they didn’t give credit to challenge participants.
I asked on the RunDisney FB and someone responded that they got word st 7 and it was official at 10. You will still get your challenge medals. The marathon cancellation got their challenge medals

I asked on the RunDisney FB and someone responded that they got word st 7 and it was official at 10. You will still get your challenge medals. The marathon cancellation got their challenge medals

Is this in response to half marathon 2017?

Looks like I’ll be a solo runner tomorrow. DH injured his knee during the 10k this morning and despite icing and keeping it elevated it’s still quite swollen and painful.

Looks like I’ll be a solo runner tomorrow. DH injured his knee during the 10k this morning and despite icing and keeping it elevated it’s still quite swollen and painful.
That stinks — hope he heals quickly and that at least you have a good run tomorrow... assuming we DO run... :)

My first Disney race so don’t know too much about how things work with cancellations and such. Living and running in FL though, I’ll say though that more often than not, the weather forecast is often wrong about rain. (Let’s hope it’s wrong) Most of time, I go to sleep with thunderstorms predicted in morning but no rain when I run in morning or rain later in day or not at all. Hope HM doesn’t get canceled as well but getting struck by lightning (which I’ve read happening to people where I live) and dying also sucks too!

We had a great time today at the HH meet. Thanks to @Keels for the hospitality.

Hoping to see more dis friends tomorrow.

Were there rumblings from rundisney about the weather in 2017 prior to the 7pm signs that got posted? Doesn't sound like they've said anything yet. Though we're not on Facebook so maybe we're missing something. In 2015 Wine and Dine folks on social media got more information than we did listening to the announcements.

Yes-ish. I asked when the 2017 half marathoners found out/were notified and that was the response from someone who ran it last year and the half was cancelled. They also use NOAA radar and it’s been showing rain and heavy periods of it before and after 5am. I’m not sure when safety becomes an issue with slick roads, even if there is no lightning

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter