Official 2018 Star Wars - Light Side Half Marathon Weekend - Cancelled

I really need them to announce something soon or else I won't run as often. The medals really motivate you. lol

I really need them to announce something soon or else I won't run as often. The medals really motivate you. lol
Completely agree! I have a very haphazard running schedule. I need a race to kick me into gear!

On another note, I checked DLH availability earlier today. I had reserved a premium room back in July because that was all that was available at that time. It appears that all the room types are now available and are even cheaper than when I booked in July (it was crazy expensive.) I called to downgrade my room. I was talking the cast member about how if the race doesn't happen, I would cancel the reservation. She said, "Hold on, let me talk to my contact and see if there is any information on when the race will be announced...." Unfortunately, she had no news to reports. :( My glimmer of hope was dashed away. So I go back to waiting impatiently....

Completely agree! I have a very haphazard running schedule. I need a race to kick me into gear!

On another note, I checked DLH availability earlier today. I had reserved a premium room back in July because that was all that was available at that time. It appears that all the room types are now available and are even cheaper than when I booked in July (it was crazy expensive.) I called to downgrade my room. I was talking the cast member about how if the race doesn't happen, I would cancel the reservation. She said, "Hold on, let me talk to my contact and see if there is any information on when the race will be announced...." Unfortunately, she had no news to reports. :( My glimmer of hope was dashed away. So I go back to waiting impatiently....
Out of curiosity, I just checked... and it's $511/night pre-tax for the cheapest room on LS weekend. That's an improvement?! :scared1:

Out of curiosity, I just checked... and it's $511/night pre-tax for the cheapest room on LS weekend. That's an improvement?! :scared1:

It went down to $4xx/night (higher on Fri/Sat, lower on Sun). I just wanted something on the books - hoping that if the race happens, the rate will be even better.

It's just strange because there weren't any standard rooms available back in July. Now, there are plenty of rooms available. Is it because they are no longer blocking rooms for a race????

It's just strange because there weren't any standard rooms available back in July. Now, there are plenty of rooms available. Is it because they are no longer blocking rooms for a race????

That's what I was wondering. I wonder if runDisney's block of rooms was released. I wonder if they also had a bunch blocked for Tink? If so, I wonder if those have been released as well.

That or a charity backed out and gave up their block of rooms. Just speculating.

That's what I was wondering. I wonder if runDisney's block of rooms was released. I wonder if they also had a bunch blocked for Tink? If so, I wonder if those have been released as well.
Rooms are available for Tink weekend as well; I just looked ... I'm thinking that is not a good sign at all :(

Tomorrow is the 12th. Isn't that the day the training plan should start? I thought for sure we'd have something by now. In my mind this was the latest we would hear something.

I have a pretty big group of family and friends that do runDisney races with a charity and interestingly enough, they are not offering the Light Side weekend for 2018.... and they have in the past.
Being interested in possibly doing this race (months ago), I emailed the charity coordinator and was given a plausible answer as to why they "chose not to participate", but I'm still wondering if there is more to it. And possibly/probably at this point is not even an option. But like others have commented, it's really, really hard to make travel plans and to fundraise this late.

September 12 was my hard headline, as that was the date Distant Worlds tickets went on sale for NYC, so I'm now committed to a concert that conflicts with Light Side. It's a shame. I really wanted to sign up, but I can't pass up something so important to my boyfriend over a hypothetical race weekend. :sad:

Mine too. I'm requesting my refund and seeing what they say. I have too many expenses now with Irma so there won't be money for a Disneyland trip anyway.
So sorry to hear Irma hit you guys! I hope all is ok!

I too thought this week was the absolute latest we would hear something. And for some reason I really thought Tuesday. I can ride the rest of the month out but come October, I'm registering for Surf City Half with my light side funds.

Mine too. I'm requesting my refund and seeing what they say. I have too many expenses now with Irma so there won't be money for a Disneyland trip anyway.

It's frustrating to keep everyone hanging, but it is downright shameful to have no news for legacy runners who have already registered with a significant amount of money. I really hope you are able to get a refund with little to no trouble on your end. Fingers crossed!

I thought they'd say something by yesterday too, so people would have time to start the Galloway plans (which I realize weren't updated, but they would be starting right around now). So sorry you guys don't have answers yet. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter