OFFICIAL 2019 FREE DINING Thread - AVAILABLE to be booked NOW!!!

We weren't planning on going this year due to work/school schedules, but now I have been kicking around the idea of taking advantage of the free dining promotion since it's open earlier in the summer. If I were to book for 6 people, could i later modify the reservation down to 4-5 without losing the free dining promotion?

We weren't planning on going this year due to work/school schedules, but now I have been kicking around the idea of taking advantage of the free dining promotion since it's open earlier in the summer. If I were to book for 6 people, could i later modify the reservation down to 4-5 without losing the free dining promotion?
Yes, I'm pretty sure as long as you keep everything else about your reservation the same you should be just fine.

I have FD booked for the end of August. We are not 100% sure of the dates. Would I be able to change the dates (same resort, tickets, etc) and maintain the FD rate after the Feb 10 deadline? Or would it be better to book another package right now and cancel one once flights are sorted out? Not sure I want to commit to booking flights at this point. We have flexibility on when to leave/return.

I have FD booked for the end of August. We are not 100% sure of the dates. Would I be able to change the dates (same resort, tickets, etc) and maintain the FD rate after the Feb 10 deadline? Or would it be better to book another package right now and cancel one once flights are sorted out? Not sure I want to commit to booking flights at this point. We have flexibility on when to leave/return.
Personally I would book a second reservation if you can. There is no guarantee after Feb 10 that there will be availability to switch your dates. If you can find availability now I'd choose that route. Better safe than sorry.

You may just want to check when you call if there is any risk of having 2 reservations if some of your dates overlap. That part I'm not sure about.

I have had 2 reservations in the past for similar reasons but in our case none of the dates overlapped.

I personally would not feel confident about being able to get the FD offer after it expires on Feb. 10. I think you are better off booking now, while the promotion is still in effect and then cancelling later if necessary once your plans are firmed up.

Wow I wonder if they added more rooms. POP had been sold out on all types of rooms for our dates and today when I checked all are available again.

Wow I wonder if they added more rooms. POP had been sold out on all types of rooms for our dates and today when I checked all are available again.

I think they definitely did. I had a Pop res for 9/25-10/1 that I’ve been looking to modify for weeks to 10/2 and lots of availability for different dates finally came up yesterday.

I thought maybe there was some cancellations for pop but maybe they did add some rooms I was just able to modify my mother-in-laws room that wasn’t there previously under this deal :)
And just for kicks I went to see what I could find for my family of four and pop is the only value coming up

Personally I would book a second reservation if you can. There is no guarantee after Feb 10 that there will be availability to switch your dates. If you can find availability now I'd choose that route. Better safe than sorry.

You may just want to check when you call if there is any risk of having 2 reservations if some of your dates overlap. That part I'm not sure about.

I have had 2 reservations in the past for similar reasons but in our case none of the dates overlapped.

We currently have 2 reservations for mid-August for the same reason (Southwest just released flights for our dates, so we may be cancelling one here pretty soon), but we weren't sure if flights would get released in time. Our dates do overlap as they are only off by one day now (initially we had them 2 days difference, one Sat - Sun 8 nights, the other Mon - Tue 8 nights, but we changed the 2nd one to Sun-Mon). We've had no issues with the overlapping dates. Once we actually book our flights (waiting for some more points to load on credit card), we'll drop it to one. Not only do I not think it's worth risking not being able to change it after the date closes, if there's availability, it's not worth risking losing that availability, even if you could otherwise make the change with the promotion.

Ok we're in! Just booked for Sept 27-oct5! It was cheaper to stay at yacht club than a moderate or value up grading to the dining plan! I'm soooo excited!!!

Ok we're in! Just booked for Sept 27-oct5! It was cheaper to stay at yacht club than a moderate or value up grading to the dining plan! I'm soooo excited!!!

Cool!!!

We have another split planned at BWI and CR Sept 27-Oct 7!!! :thumbsup2

I haven’t been over here in a while so hello everybody!!!:cool2:

I would book what you could and then call. I just looked at POR for other dates and had the option to upgrade to the DDP.

were you able to get the dining you wanted? I am staying at CBR and didnt sign up till the last day and upgraded mine, I was surprised by how much availability there was on the last day

were you able to get the dining you wanted? I am staying at CBR and didnt sign up till the last day and upgraded mine, I was surprised by how much availability there was on the last day
I had written down the incorrect date for booking dining. I will be able to book dining in a few weeks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter