Official 2019 HHN-29 Thread

So, i want to take advantage of the stay and scream for our HHN nights. I am waiting for all ticket options to come out as I am hoping we will be able to go for 4 HHN nights with express (fingers crossed). When/how do I get our tickets for HHN once purchased? We are arriving on Saturday Sept 14th and I am hoping to make the party that night. Plan on going into park fairly early that day so we can get some rides in as well. I already bought park tickets through Undercover Tourist with they buy 2 get 3 deal for park to park.

In past years of hhn, there have been what is called the
Add on ticket for sale

Show your day ticket and buy the add on hhn ticket for the dates you will do the event

You would be allowed to stay in the park once it closes at 5 and wait in one of the holding areas until hhn officially opens

I buy the hhn with ep pass that is valid for Sunday thru Friday in advance
Other pass that has been a good seller is the Sunday thru Thursday

At this point we do not know ticket prices or if this year will follow the same pattern of past years

Tickets can be pre bought or bought at the park the day of

That add on ticket of hhn became a way for anyone to make a last minute decision to not leave the park when it closed but to stay for for the hhn event

Once the info about tickets go on sale, we can only guess it might follow the same as last year

It does not matter which vendor you purchase your UO tickets from

All day tickets are honored for buying add ons (hhn/ep) at the park guest services

Looks like there are definitely some unknowns still out on there regarding ticketing. However, based on prior experience, is there any reason folks can think of where one might want to forego this BOGO deal if only able to attend 2 nights for the entire season?

So, i want to take advantage of the stay and scream for our HHN nights. I am waiting for all ticket options to come out as I am hoping we will be able to go for 4 HHN nights with express (fingers crossed). When/how do I get our tickets for HHN once purchased? We are arriving on Saturday Sept 14th and I am hoping to make the party that night. Plan on going into park fairly early that day so we can get some rides in as well. I already bought park tickets through Undercover Tourist with they buy 2 get 3 deal for park to park.

So, for 4 HHN nights beginning September 14, you are looking at September 14, 15, 18, 19? Historically, those dates would be covered by the Rush of Fear pass (I think it is usually offered as a subset of the Frequent Fear passes). Be sure to check the covered dates when they are released. The Rush of Fear option is an excellent ticket for people that can be there at the beginning of the event season. You should seriously consider the Rush of Fear with Express Pass option. Last year pretty much all dates were more crowded than usual, and if I remember right, there was even a sold out night very early. If I was going when you are (we are going early-mid October this year), then I would definitely buy the Rush of Fear with Express Pass tickets. No question, as it is has always been a great bargain (bargain is a relative term here of course lol).

We stay on-site and usually pick up the HHN tickets at the hotel ticket kiosk/desk. We have also used the kiosks outside the park entrances. Be sure to take the credit card used to purchase the tickets, because you will have to present them (to a desk attendant) or be scanned at a kiosk. I would also keep the email confirmation handy (on phone or printout) if needed.

Finally, just to make sure you are clear on your plan, I assume you will want to stay in the park and utilize the Stay and Scream option. If so, when the Studios are closing (be sure to be in Studios and not IoA), instead of leaving the park, go to a designated Stay and Scream location (to be announced later, but usually they are Finnegans, Springfield, and Hello Kitty). They will confirm you have HHN tickets for that night, give you a wristband, and you can hang out until they release you to the horror (before the front gates open to the public).

Have fun, and it might well, like many of us, turn into a yearly tradition!

Last edited:
Thank you imprint for a well written accurate info on the ROF

It has been a great deal for your vacation dates if you are in that specific time period for hhn

I have never been able to use it to my advantage as my vacation dates overlap

I would have if I could have!

I started attending hhn many years ago(1990)
I rarely started my trip near the end of September
Wanted to avoid opening weekend as hours were not as long as the following weeks

Hhn in the beginning had a limited number of days for the event
Week days were eventually added

After my first hhn, I made my plans for a two week stay and always included the Columbus Day weekend period

Now that hhn has the early start in September, and has greater crowds for the Columbus Day weekend period, I’ve moved my agenda to come in September and leave right before CDay

Less heavy crowds for me on my hhn vacation this year

However peeps plan their hhn, it will be great

I have never considered or refer to it as a “party”
I find it too unique of an event as it started out as one of a kind and grew to one of the highlights that UO is known for in the fall

Thank you so much imprint! You explained that so well. I am going to try for the rush of fear with express for sure. I can't begin to say how excited I am for this! We will for sure be in the park early and stay for the stay and scream option. The dates you listed will be our dates. I am sure Saturday will be extremely busy, but I don't even mind! Just beyond excited as this is something we have wanted to do for a few years now. Thank you again for taking time to explain this to me!

Sorry, I didn't mean any disrespect by referring to HHN as a party, I couldn't come up with a good word. I guess event would have been better. Will keep that in mind for future posts as I am sure I will have more questions as it gets closer. I have watched many videos and read trip reports about HHN and agree party was probably not the best choice of words. It looks amazing!

Sorry, I didn't mean any disrespect by referring to HHN as a party, I couldn't come up with a good word. I guess event would have been better. Will keep that in mind for future posts as I am sure I will have more questions as it gets closer. I have watched many videos and read trip reports about HHN and agree party was probably not the best choice of words. It looks amazing!
My apologies if I offended you
You can refer to the hhn event with any lingo you wish

Have heard hhn noted in other ways

With more new to the hhn yearly event, there has been a rising interest of it being an evening for the entire family which includes minors, under 13 and babies in strollers

Not really the designated target mark hhn is aimed towards

Hhn has never been anything like the Disney party paid events where it is geared to a total all ages family event

Some at age 13, which is UO recommended youngest age for hhn attendance, works for some families

It is not set in stone but a guideline for a family wondering if the hhn event is suitable for their children

Drinking and raw language will happen during hhn

So a warning is on the website to let all know in advance of recommended age appropriate children

No refunds if you leave the park if you decide hhn is not acceptable for your family

I know you will have an awesome time at hhn!

You might end up addicted to it and make it a yearly event

Oh, no offense at all. It was funny because I did take a minute trying to come up with a good word to use. LOL I couldn't think of one. It just seems like such an awesome event! I value all of your knowledge and willingness to help all of us newbies out and your patience with what I am sure are a lot of repeat questions. :thanks:

Thank you so much imprint! You explained that so well. I am going to try for the rush of fear with express for sure. I can't begin to say how excited I am for this! We will for sure be in the park early and stay for the stay and scream option. The dates you listed will be our dates. I am sure Saturday will be extremely busy, but I don't even mind! Just beyond excited as this is something we have wanted to do for a few years now. Thank you again for taking time to explain this to me!

You're welcome, I'm glad I could help answer your questions. When you have Express Pass, even the most crowded nights are manageable. On nights with average crowd levels, the Express Pass are still certainly worth it. One last thing in my endorsement of HHN Express Pass is in addition to using the pass once per house, you also can use it once per ride Express line. Naturally the ride lines aren't too long, since everyone is there for the houses and scare zones, but we always ride Mummy each HHN night. Usually Gringott's too when we stop in Diagon Alley for some butterbeer ice cream. All express lines are physically shorter than standby (in distance not just time), and all steps saved during a long day/night are welcome.

Thinking about going to HHN with wife and son on November 1st or 2nd or both. How crowded will it be? I am assuming I would need express passes so about how much would it cost? It seems like it may be very expensive like more than its going to cost me to take my family to seaworld!?!?

Thinking about going to HHN with wife and son on November 1st or 2nd or both. How crowded will it be? I am assuming I would need express passes so about how much would it cost? It seems like it may be very expensive like more than its going to cost me to take my family to seaworld!?!?

I need to read some of the threads from last year before I make a comment about attendance for the end sessions of hhn

Some years it was a low period time when the ending dates were weekdays

Can’t remenber how last year was but thought Stanger Things house brought many back the last night of the event

I went to HHN last year in October, and remember seeing a YouTube vlog about an AP who got to stay in a stay & scream area for AP only? Does anyone know where it is, and which nights the open it up? Which part of the park it allows access to?
We are going for the Friday/Sunday opening weekend this year.

I went to HHN last year in October, and remember seeing a YouTube vlog about an AP who got to stay in a stay & scream area for AP only? Does anyone know where it is, and which nights the open it up? Which part of the park it allows access to?
We are going for the Friday/Sunday opening weekend this year.

Last year the AP holding area was in the Simpsons area, at the Duff Beer Garden, with very limited shade. This was opening night. It exited out near the MIB gift shop, and most people headed towards the two tents entrances nearby (Slaughter Sinema and Dead Exposure). I did Slaughter Sinema first and had about a 15 minute wait. I went to Dead Exposure afterwards, and that was already at about a 40 minute wait. The Horror of Blumhouse might have been available when when the holding area was released, but not completely sure.

Robo, your pictures are awesome! You got some great shots. Does anyone know if there is a way to buy any of the merchandise outside of being in the parks? I tried to look on Universal website and didn't find anything. Something like that would be a great thing to put in the box I am going to give my son to let him know we are going this year. Surprise for his 16th birthday and our first time going! :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!