Official 2019 HHN-29 Thread

Sorry for another question:

Public RIP tour verses just an express ticket. For my date Public RIP tour is basically $320, where express is $139. Is the Public tour really worth $180 more? We wont be using the, valet, VIP entrance or the appetizers before hand due to us eating at the scareactor dinner. We are going on a Saturday night in mid Sept, so previous years we have been able to do all the houses with just express, had our minds set on doing a tour but for my family of 3 an extra $600 almost I don't see the value for the money, unless I am missing something.

*Consider being flexible on your date:

Sat night is the priciest day of week, fri generally next. Other weekdays likely even less

*Sounds as tho u have at least one HHN under your belt. How do you roll?

Is it imperative to see all the houses & shows? If so, you might need the public tour

Are you able to do 2 nights? EP even one would make it more likely to see everything even once

Re scareactor dinner. If your objective is to get a jump on things, stay & screaming works just as well if not better IMO.

Even if u have secured the first seating of the night for the dinner, you will be lucky to get thru the meal & see all the scareactor before 6:30 pm

Eliminating the meal’s savings could be applied toward cost of tour or EP

Last edited:
Is your vacation early part of October or later?
I tend to feel once Thursday/Friday of Columbus Day hits, parks will have crowds to about October 20, lines will be long and ep would be a big plus to have

Early, I arrive just as the ROF window is closing. 9/28-10/5

Anyone ever double dipped on the RIP tours?

Debating a 10/10 RIP & 10/11 EP vs. RIP on both. Overkill? I've never been to HHN.....

(This is a Thursday/Friday duo)

Early, I arrive just as the ROF window is closing. 9/28-10/5
My first night for hhn is that Sunday so will be at hhn when you are
I booked a public tour for that night
Price was right for me
I travel that day and thought a tour would be perfect for me
I can hit all the houses and be in my hotel room by 11 pm
Travel days wear me out and don’t stay in the park until it closes first day there

I looked at the price chart and tours are lower that night than later that week so either way you chose should be fine

Anyone ever double dipped on the RIP tours?

Debating a 10/10 RIP & 10/11 EP vs. RIP on both. Overkill? I've never been to HHN.....

(This is a Thursday/Friday duo)
Join the club
Lol

I booked 4 tours so far for my 9 day stay

For 20 years I went during the Columbus Day weekend
Last year the crowds for my time period were greater than before
I did have tours booked and had the ep but still encountered some line waits that surprised me last CDay time period

I looked at the hhn site to see ticket, pass prices, etc
Glad I switched weeks as looks like the park will be crowded
Premier hotel room rates are also up there in price today
Some room types are not available which makes me say, it will be a crowded Thursday and Friday ... and Saturday and Sunday

I would favor doing rip tours both nights instead of the Ep

Don’t rush into a decision yet on which way to plan for
But do make a room reservation before the end of the month to be on the safe side

What I appreciate is on a public or private tour, tour guide will use short cuts to reach the houses
You do walk behind the scenes in the park to reach the entrance to some houses
This saves time and the group stays together

If you don’t book a tour and buy the ep, you will have crowds to walk through to reach the house lines
The TM’s pulse the house wait lines
So many in the ep line are allowed to do the house line then they alternate to the standby line to allow peeps to enter the house line

It’s fair for all but regular line has more peeps waiting usually
Ep is expensive and not all buy them

My first night for hhn is that Sunday so will be at hhn when you are
I booked a public tour for that night
Price was right for me
I travel that day and thought a tour would be perfect for me
I can hit all the houses and be in my hotel room by 11 pm
Travel days wear me out and don’t stay in the park until it closes first day there

I looked at the price chart and tours are lower that night than later that week so either way you chose should be fine

I'm not doing a tour. I'm just trying to decide what ticket to purchase lol

Soniam
The Vip tours office closes at 7 pm so try again tomorrow to connect with them

Yeah, I saw that before I called last night. Thanks. Got my tour this morning while waiting for my car's safety inspection. Got my Saturday night ticket too. I also asked for the same great guy I had last year. Since my tour this year is on a Thursday instead of Friday, it's actually cheaper than last year by a couple hundred:woohoo:I am doing a podcast meet that weekend, so now I need to figure out if I want EP for Friday and/or Saturday.

Soniam.... do both nights!

Well, I think there are plans to hang out as a group on Friday and Saturday night. I know that we are doing the Scare-actor dining on Saturday night and then a house walk through. I don't know if someone special is going to be showing up for the walk through or not. The podcasters kind of know some of the HHN people, present and past. I think I will wait until the plans have flushed out more to see if I will use the EP or not. If we aren't doing stuff as a group, then I will definitely buy EP. We did so much with the RIP tour last year though. We hit all but one or two houses twice, went back to Cafe La Bamba for sitting, snacks, and water, and did 4 or 5 rides, including the MIB downstairs room with the aliens and desks.

I would like ya'll's opinion: Since the majority of my trip is in October, should I get the FF+ with express and go 4 nights, or save a little money and do the regular FF with express and just do Sun, Wed, Thurs since I'll have express?

We're debating the same exact question (add Friday night?). I think it would be an extra $85 per person to upgrade from FF w/EP to the FF+ w/EP. Not too bad for an additional night; however, I'm leaning toward sticking with the FF w/EP and getting a 6-house UtH daytime tour (it will cost more than the $85 saved, though). We really enjoyed the 3-house tour last year, since it really enhanced our appreciation of the details that can be missed in even multiple runs of the houses. We haven't decided yet, but we're leaning toward going 3 nights with the FF w/EP and adding the 6-house UtH tour.

I keep looking online - is the RIP tour booking still only open for AP, or do I keep looking in the wrong place? I can see tickets and dining, but no tours....thanks!

I keep looking online - is the RIP tour booking still only open for AP, or do I keep looking in the wrong place? I can see tickets and dining, but no tours....thanks!
Call and book your tour
I have not looked at the website today and don’t know if everything has been fully loaded
Last time I checked it was Thursday morning and glanced through it

We're debating the same exact question (add Friday night?). I think it would be an extra $85 per person to upgrade from FF w/EP to the FF+ w/EP. Not too bad for an additional night; however, I'm leaning toward sticking with the FF w/EP and getting a 6-house UtH daytime tour (it will cost more than the $85 saved, though). We really enjoyed the 3-house tour last year, since it really enhanced our appreciation of the details that can be missed in even multiple runs of the houses. We haven't decided yet, but we're leaning toward going 3 nights with the FF w/EP and adding the 6-house UtH tour.

That's what I'm thinking too. Last year I went for like 6 nights and by the end I was super exhausted. So 3 nights should be perfect, especially with express.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if the half RIP tours went on sale later than the full ones last year? I only see the full ones online and when I phoned, the woman didn’t have a clue as to what I was talking about. I was hoping they would do them again this year, but maybe not?

Does anyone know if the half RIP tours went on sale later than the full ones last year? I only see the full ones online and when I phoned, the woman didn’t have a clue as to what I was talking about. I was hoping they would do them again this year, but maybe not?
Nothing released by UO for those tours at this point

They were cheaper than booking public tours last year

Thanks, Macraven, at least I’m not just being completely blind I’m not seeing them online. :-) I hope they do offer them at some point- my 14 year old daughter is dying to go and my husband has offered to take her while we are at WDW. My ideal would be the half tour plus Express passes for them, but if they don’t run the half tours, they’ll just have to make do with EP.:teeth:

Yay!!!

Just saw the pricing for Rush if Fear with EP!!! Not bad at all.......

I think we paid around the same price last few years for the same ticket.....and this year, more nights to enjoy it!

Not that we’ll go for all those nights, but it’s nice we can if we want to!

Thanks Janet.....this is a fabulous thread every year.......

Well, I think there are plans to hang out as a group on Friday and Saturday night. I know that we are doing the Scare-actor dining on Saturday night and then a house walk through. I don't know if someone special is going to be showing up for the walk through or not. The podcasters kind of know some of the HHN people, present and past. I think I will wait until the plans have flushed out more to see if I will use the EP or not. If we aren't doing stuff as a group, then I will definitely buy EP. We did so much with the RIP tour last year though. We hit all but one or two houses twice, went back to Cafe La Bamba for sitting, snacks, and water, and did 4 or 5 rides, including the MIB downstairs room with the aliens and desks.

We probably won't end up with a Saturday night ticket, but we'll be available for HHN hang outs Friday as well :) You'll just have to let us know when you're done with group stuff.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter