Official 2019 HHN-29 Thread

Thanks so much! I think i will get park tickets so we can be in before the event, even if we go at like 3 or 4 just to get a little jump start. You are all honestly the best. I always come here for advice and you are all so very helpful. :worship:

Thanks so much! I think i will get park tickets so we can be in before the event, even if we go at like 3 or 4 just to get a little jump start. You are all honestly the best. I always come here for advice and you are all so very helpful. :worship:

It could easily be worth it to be able to do Stay & Scream, where you start waiting in a corral starting at 4pm, to be the first released to the houses when the park opens. Even though we had Express Pass, it was nice to just walk into Stranger Things and then hit another nearby house. It allowed us to visit more than once in an evening. Plus, being the only people in a house, won’t happen with ST, makes for great scares.

It could easily be worth it to be able to do Stay & Scream, where you start waiting in a corral starting at 4pm, to be the first released to the houses when the park opens. Even though we had Express Pass, it was nice to just walk into Stranger Things and then hit another nearby house. It allowed us to visit more than once in an evening. Plus, being the only people in a house, won’t happen with ST, makes for great scares.

If all someone has is one night at HHN, both Stay and Scream and the EP would be essential. It was for us last year. We skipped Dead Exposure and the 2 Blumhouse houses by choice, and it still took us from the opening of the gates at S&S til almost 1am to do the houses, scare zones, and 3 rides.

I keep saying this for anyone who may be new, so I’m sorry if I sound like a parrot, but I’m serious when I say to not underestimate the amount of walking you do, and the time it takes to get from house to house. It’s A LOT of walking by the end of the night.

If all someone has is one night at HHN, both Stay and Scream and the EP would be essential. It was for us last year. We skipped Dead Exposure and the 2 Blumhouse houses by choice, and it still took us from the opening of the gates at S&S til almost 1am to do the houses, scare zones, and 3 rides.

I keep saying this for anyone who may be new, so I’m sorry if I sound like a parrot, but I’m serious when I say to not underestimate the amount of walking you do, and the time it takes to get from house to house. It’s A LOT of walking by the end of the night.

Bolded is so accurate...…and excellent advice!!!

We gave up on a couple of houses last few years as the walking to and from them was ridiculous!!! Yes, we expect to do a lot of walking, but this was almost a joke!!!

Sorry, I am one of the new ones so i do have a few more questions as i go about trying to plan for this. I really want it to be amazing for my son's birthday. If I am going to try to swing 3 party nights, would it be best to try to break the houses up into two seperate nights and then save favorites to try to do again on the third night? I have read this thread as well as skimmed 2018 thread trying to determine the best type of ticket to buy. I was originally going to try the BOGO and add a night because I want 3 nights, so would it make more sense to wait it out for one of the offers that has more nights included? I am also going to try for the express, I think this sounds like it will make things even more enjoyable. I will admit I got a little lost trying to figure out the best way to do this. Thank you again!

Bolded is so accurate...…and excellent advice!!!

We gave up on a couple of houses last few years as the walking to and from them was ridiculous!!! Yes, we expect to do a lot of walking, but this was almost a joke!!!

I’ll also agree with this. We were in Florida for the whole week, with the first half at Disney and the second half at Universal. Despite all of the walking at both destinations, my feet were fine until I did HHNs on a Friday Night. Fortunately, we flew home the next day, and my feet were grateful.

The problem isn’t just the amount of walking, it’s also the speed walking to get from house to house, and being constantly on your feet for several hours.

With Express Pass and using the Annual Pass holding area near the Simpsons, I managed to see all of the houses, while repeating 3 of them. I missed the Academy of Villains show, and didn’t spend much time in the scare zones (missed the Chucky show). I also don’t do the rides as I can do them during the day.

Updated first page, for the first origina - Nightingales: Blood Pit House.

The first Nightingales was one of my favorite overall houses, HHN 21, 2011. Really well ‘executed’ :duck:IMO.

Last edited:
Updated first page, for the first IP - Nightingales: Blood Pit House.

The first Nightingales was one of my favorite overall houses, HHN 21, 2011. Really well ‘executed’ :duck:IMO.

I wondered why I couldn't remember that one......then I realised that we were there in August that year!! That`ll be why then...…...:crazy:

Updated first page, for the first IP - Nightingales: Blood Pit House.

Is that reversed? I've always heard the houses categorized as "IP" (Intellectual Property) for licensed stuff like Stranger things, Saw, Halloween, AHS, etc. and "Original" for concepts/characters that OU comes up with themselves.

Is that reversed? I've always heard the houses categorized as "IP" (Intellectual Property) for licensed stuff like Stranger things, Saw, Halloween, AHS, etc. and "Original" for concepts/characters that OU comes up with themselves.

Lol yes, i’ll Blame it on the cough medicine :sick: Thanks for catching it!

I wondered why I couldn't remember that one......then I realised that we were there in August that year!! That`ll be why then...…...:crazy:

Likely a bootleg walk-thru floating about on youtube. Really loved the theming of it.

Universal knows just what house to announce to make me come back. Darn it.

I’d love to see resident evil come back

Sorry, I am one of the new ones so i do have a few more questions as i go about trying to plan for this. I really want it to be amazing for my son's birthday. If I am going to try to swing 3 party nights, would it be best to try to break the houses up into two seperate nights and then save favorites to try to do again on the third night? I have read this thread as well as skimmed 2018 thread trying to determine the best type of ticket to buy. I was originally going to try the BOGO and add a night because I want 3 nights, so would it make more sense to wait it out for one of the offers that has more nights included? I am also going to try for the express, I think this sounds like it will make things even more enjoyable. I will admit I got a little lost trying to figure out the best way to do this. Thank you again!

I would suggest planning on hitting half each night and then repeats the 3rd night. You can always adjust if you are still ready to go after doing half each night. Keep in mind that unless you hit Stranger Things with Stay n Scream, it can still have a significant wait even with Express Pass. So, you may have to do less that night.

We did 3 nights last year and got the BOGO and 1 extra ticket with EP for 2 nights. It ended up being the cheapest route. Last year, I compared the current BOGO price to the price of single night and other multi-night tickets from the previous year, plus the cost of Express, and determined that BOGO would be cheapest. It was, because the prices had gone up on other stuff. I would definitely do the calculations though using the prices in the thread from last year and assume they will go up some. We only did EP 2 nights, because we did an RIP tour on one of the 3 nights. I will be doing 3 nights again this year and will probably buy the BOGO and 1 night with EP added on for 2. I plan to do another RIP Tour again.

Last year was our first time doing HHN for multiple days - I took my son who was turning 13. I cannot stress enough (and I know others said this) - the stay & scream was great! We were easily able to knock out two houses and line up for a third before the masses hit lol! I purchased the BOGO tickets last year and then paid extra to upgrade them to the ones that were good for the rest of the days (we go at the very end of October into November). We also did the RIP tour - that was awesome as well and I felt money well spent. Then a couple of the nights we did the partial RIP tour - it was for 5 houses I think. We are going again for the same dates this year and plan on doing the Stay & Scream again and maybe one RIP tour. You guys are going to have so much fun!!!! We are already counting down the days! I will also mention, we basically hung out during the day, swimming & relaxing, and then would head into the parks in the afternoon. It was good to get the rest - the amount of walking is insane lol!!! I know everyone had mentioned it before we went, but I was dead by the end of each night (hence relaxing the next day lol)!!!!

True ‘dat! If the budget affords, a RIP tour guarantees complete coverage. Helps if going during week days too although Thursday pre Columbus Day has been getting busier each year.

I still feel pretty lucky I got to see the guy get ripped in half...last year.

I couldn’t resist editing your post LOLOLOL on any other board somebody would be calling the cops.

Last year was our first time doing HHN for multiple days - I took my son who was turning 13. I cannot stress enough (and I know others said this) - the stay & scream was great! We were easily able to knock out two houses and line up for a third before the masses hit lol! I purchased the BOGO tickets last year and then paid extra to upgrade them to the ones that were good for the rest of the days (we go at the very end of October into November). We also did the RIP tour - that was awesome as well and I felt money well spent. Then a couple of the nights we did the partial RIP tour - it was for 5 houses I think. We are going again for the same dates this year and plan on doing the Stay & Scream again and maybe one RIP tour. You guys are going to have so much fun!!!! We are already counting down the days! I will also mention, we basically hung out during the day, swimming & relaxing, and then would head into the parks in the afternoon. It was good to get the rest - the amount of walking is insane lol!!! I know everyone had mentioned it before we went, but I was dead by the end of each night (hence relaxing the next day lol)!!!!

I’ve been looking for someone who has upgraded last year’s BOBO tix! Do you remember how the value/price bridged as to the upgrade? Thinking face value but would like to be sure.

We will be going on Sept 12th. I’m considering getting the BOGO tickets, but the only other night we will be able to go is Friday the 13th. I’m assuming that night will sell out. If it does indeed sell out would we still be able to use our BOGO tickets that night? Also, is it worth going on a night that busy, or do you think we should just stick with the 12th? We would purchase EP for both nights. Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter