Official 2019 HHN-29 Thread

I always want to go as many nights as possible and with an express pass or RIP as possible. I know we spend a ridiculous amount on HHN, but we really love it! If we go in September, then we opt for the Rush of Fear with Express Passes. If we go in October, then we get the Frequent Fear with Express Passes (Sun, Wed, Thur). When we only have one night, we get a HHN tickets and RIP to make sure we see it all.

We will be going on Sept 12th. I’m considering getting the BOGO tickets, but the only other night we will be able to go is Friday the 13th. I’m assuming that night will sell out. If it does indeed sell out would we still be able to use our BOGO tickets that night? Also, is it worth going on a night that busy, or do you think we should just stick with the 12th? We would purchase EP for both nights. Thank you!

Good question, no idea. I’d call ticketing to confirm & take name.

9/13 is quite early in the season, even though it’s a ‘special day’, I’d not expect it to be a sell out or be anywhere near as crowded as over Columbus Day, Hell week, around Halloween itself.

9/13 is quite early in the season, even though it’s a ‘special day’, I’d not expect it to be a sell out or be anywhere near as crowded as over Columbus Day, Hell week, around Halloween itself.

I thought Columbus Day time was Hell Week. When is Hell Week actually then? Just curious.

I thought Columbus Day time was Hell Week. When is Hell Week actually then? Just curious.

Afterward CD proper, I believe, around 3rd week? You’d need to google the local school districts calendar for 2019-2020

Afterward CD proper, I believe, around 3rd week? You’d need to google the local school districts calendar for 2019-2020

Public schools in Texas and Oklahoma don't usually get a week off around that time. So, until I started reading the boards, I never knew others got it off. Thanks

Honestly, you guys really are the best, I know I keep saying this, but you are so patient when asked questions and not only give advice but also your reasoning behind it. It makes something that can be confusing for a first timer a lot easier to understand. Thank you again for all of your input. I will try to work the numbers and decide what the best option will be price wise for our 3 days! My son is going to freak out! Now to keep this a secret for the next 5 months!! YIKES

Hi, it's rare I actually get to ask a question in here. I tried to google the calendars but they end in May. Would Hell Week this year more likely be the last weekend of September or the first weekend of October? It will make a difference since my trip is between both, so I'd either go the weekend I arrive, or Wed/Thurs the next week. Thanks!

True ‘dat! If the budget affords, a RIP tour guarantees complete coverage. Helps if going during week days too although Thursday pre Columbus Day has been getting busier each year.

I couldn’t resist editing your post LOLOLOL on any other board somebody would be calling the cops.

I’ve been looking for someone who has upgraded last year’s BOBO tix! Do you remember how the value/price bridged as to the upgrade? Thinking face value but would like to be sure.

I'm trying to remember, I believe we got face value. BUT, interestingly enough, I think we 1st tried to just add one extra day and we ended up with the pass where we could go every day (I'm not super familiar with the different passes). I want to say that I paid maybe $50 for the upgrade per person - or around there. We did this on our 1st day there, which was October 30th. It was a Tuesday, and they ended up doing a HHN night that night.

Hi, it's rare I actually get to ask a question in here. I tried to google the calendars but they end in May. Would Hell Week this year more likely be the last weekend of September or the first weekend of October? It will make a difference since my trip is between both, so I'd either go the weekend I arrive, or Wed/Thurs the next week. Thanks!

Obviously I`m not a local Robbie, but hasn't Hell week always been that 3rd week in October?

We were there years ago during that time and vowed to avoid it after that experience.....

Although HHN has just continually got busier and busier every year...

I did wonder if they would begin it on the 13th this year, with the date and all...….even so I think you`re right, it won`t be anywhere near as busy as October...… (secretly hopes so anyway :D)

We are staying at sapphire falls sept 4-8, flying out on the 8th.

Has anyone gone opening night? I’m a little worried about opening weekend crowds. I am thinking about express pass with the stay and scream. Or just doing the 6 house lights on tour. We did it last year, and ds 14 enjoyed that.

Public schools in Texas and Oklahoma don't usually get a week off around that time. So, until I started reading the boards, I never knew others got it off. Thanks

In western PA many have in service days & open house scheduled to point where many decide to pull their kids for vacation since they only miss 3 days in a 10 day period.

Honestly, you guys really are the best, I know I keep saying this, but you are so patient when asked questions and not only give advice but also your reasoning behind it. It makes something that can be confusing for a first timer a lot easier to understand. Thank you again for all of your input. I will try to work the numbers and decide what the best option will be price wise for our 3 days! My son is going to freak out! Now to keep this a secret for the next 5 months!! YIKES

Aw, that’s a nice sentiment. You need to factor in that we are literally :bounce:in anticipation & need to talk it out lol

On same page as Carole, thot usually it included the 3rd weekend of October.

Just Googled Florida Orange County 2019-2020 school calendar, seems to be following suit. Naturally, i’d Double check if my dates fell then

8AFD2620-225F-4ADF-AB4C-B43B56BB358D.jpeg

So I should be ok then doing Wed/Thurs since it's 2 weeks before that approx time period, am I reading what you're saying right?

So I should be ok then doing Wed/Thurs since it's 2 weeks before that approx time period, am I reading what you're saying right?

If that is the Orlando Orange County school district schedule, yes.

If it’s a concern, do another search & see if you can find another result to verify

If you are looking at last full week in September or first in October, crowds should be manageable...especially if doing the last full week in September.

It’s the Thursday prior to Columbus Day (which comes a bit later this year) when the crowds tend to build IMO

Hi all, we’ll be going to HHN Orlando for the first time end of September. Since we’ll only be able to go one night, I’m thinking it makes sense to do an RIP tour. Had a few questions for you experts :)

1) what’re the main differences between a private and public RIP tour besides group size?
2) can anyone give a general idea of what a private tour costs pp since UO doesn’t seem to list that info?
3) we probably have the option of either going Friday 9/27 or Sunday 9/29. Is there much of a difference in RIP experience if it’s more or less crowded? Is there a price difference?
4) Barring a hurricane, does HHN ever close for bad weather? Will they refund your ticket/tour?
5). When do RIP tours generally become available for booking?

Many thanks!!!

We are staying at sapphire falls sept 4-8, flying out on the 8th.

Has anyone gone opening night? I’m a little worried about opening weekend crowds. I am thinking about express pass with the stay and scream. Or just doing the 6 house lights on tour. We did it last year, and ds 14 enjoyed that.

Opening night last year was the busiest opening night we have ever seen.....I posted pictures to show the crowds as opening night isn't usually "too" bad.

It was mobbed. Funnily enough the next night was busy, but not as busy as the Friday.....

Saturday night tickets? We're trying to go mid October... but when I look to buy tickets, it doesn't seem like it covers Saturday... how do I buy Saturday tickets?

Also, when/how do you book the RIP tour? Would you recommend? Or is there a better way to get through the night? DH and I have never gone for HHN, and since we'll be there a Sat night (Oct 12), I'm guessing it will be packed.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Saturday night tickets? We're trying to go mid October... but when I look to buy tickets, it doesn't seem like it covers Saturday... how do I buy Saturday tickets?

Also, when/how do you book the RIP tour? Would you recommend? Or is there a better way to get through the night? DH and I have never gone for HHN, and since we'll be there a Sat night (Oct 12), I'm guessing it will be packed.

Thanks!

Right now only certain tickets are available. The rest of the tickets: individual day, multi day passes, tours, ep, etc usually go on sale in June.

I’ve never done and RIP tour but when we’ve done Saturdays (in sep so it might be slightly different) I usually just get EP. But from what I’ve heard an RIP tour seems like it would be a better guarantee that you’ll get to everything.

Right now only certain tickets are available. The rest of the tickets: individual day, multi day passes, tours, ep, etc usually go on sale in June.

I’ve never done and RIP tour but when we’ve done Saturdays (in sep so it might be slightly different) I usually just get EP. But from what I’ve heard an RIP tour seems like it would be a better guarantee that you’ll get to everything.

Thank you!

Absolutely, even if it’s pouring down rain, the show goes on. Non private tour 2 years ago we did have to huddle a few times under shelter but still got all the houses & Bill&Ted completed.

Private vs Public HHN RIP Tours

Private

You and up to 10 of your guests enjoy a guided, walking tour of one night @ HHN. You get to tweak the tour to fit your interests in coordination with your guide

Tours start @ 7 pm, with one mandatory 30 minute break. Naturally, you can request additional breaks

Tour prices aren’t generally posted on the HHN official website, you have to call the VIP dept 866-346-9350 for details. Once they are bookable, it will be posted here and email notices will be sent out by Universal if you have registered for updates.

Private RIP Tours include:

• VIP entrance to Universal Studios
  • Unlimited, immediate VIP entry to all haunted houses + up to 2 park attractions when with your RIP guide
  • Reserved seating at ‘the seated show’
  • After checkin Access to the RIP Lounge @ Cafe LaBamba-cash bar
  • Complimentary My Universal Photos three-day package, one per tour
  • Complimentary standard valet parking, one per tour
Public

Non-Private RIP Tours start at 8:00 pm and last up to 4 hours. Groups of up to 12 people plus the guide will be assigned.

I was told by the VIP dept in 2017 that if you have more than 4 people you cannot book a public tour & are directed to the Private one. If you want to book separately with your friends, there are no guarantees you will be placed on the same same tour. YMMV, confirm when booking the tour as for some reason the 2 pp in my party in 2017 were placed in a public tour with 10. I understand why it is best to not have one large group as they can easily monopolize the tour/activity decisions if the guide doesn’t have a firm grip on things.

Public RIP Tours:

• VIP entrance to Universal Studios
  • One-time ‘FOTL’ VIP entry to all haunted houses with your guide during the tour
  • Reserved seating at ‘the seated show’
  • Unlimited Express access to open regular park attractions with your RIP Tour lanyard after the tour, until park’s closing time
  • After checkin, access to to the RIP Lounge @ Cafe LaBamba-cash bar
  • Commemorative RIP Tour lanyard
  • Complimentary standard valet parking
Non-Private-RIP-Tour guest requests to be in the same party as other Non-Private RIP Tour guests cannot be guaranteed. Non-Private RIP Tours end once all inclusions (all haunted houses and Academy of Villains show) have been met.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!