Official 2019 HHN-29 Thread

Hi guys!

Our last trip to US/IOA was about 8 years ago for 1 day. I know a lot has changed and I am planning a family trip this October. Our kids are actually wanting to travel with us (LOL) and they are in their mid-20's and love everything scary. On the other hand, I am not a fan of scary...

I am looking at getting the kids HHN tickets and I am looking at the BOGO tickets. I just am not sure what else they might need. I see a lot about express passes and tours, but not sure what you guys recommend for 2 20 somethings that would be newbies to HHN. Are their any vloggers you guys like so they will be a little prepared?

I think DH and I would stay in IOA until closing and then make our way back to our resort (Disney). They could stay until whenever. Just want to make their first HHN as hassle free as possible and get the correct tickets. If we get the BOGO tickets they could go another night if they want.

Thanks for the help!!

Hi guys!

Our last trip to US/IOA was about 8 years ago for 1 day. I know a lot has changed and I am planning a family trip this October. Our kids are actually wanting to travel with us (LOL) and they are in their mid-20's and love everything scary. On the other hand, I am not a fan of scary...

I am looking at getting the kids HHN tickets and I am looking at the BOGO tickets. I just am not sure what else they might need. I see a lot about express passes and tours, but not sure what you guys recommend for 2 20 somethings that would be newbies to HHN. Are their any vloggers you guys like so they will be a little prepared?

I think DH and I would stay in IOA until closing and then make our way back to our resort (Disney). They could stay until whenever. Just want to make their first HHN as hassle free as possible and get the correct tickets. If we get the BOGO tickets they could go another night if they want.

Thanks for the help!!
Orlando Informer (hope I am allowed to say that here) has some pretty good info on years past to get you started. Also the DisUnplugged podcast has a Universal Edition where they will keep up with the house announcements, tours etc. I find they can be jaded at times (it can be a bummer when you are excited to just be there and the guys are like "another blah blah blah? pass" attitude, but it is still good information.

I would recommend an express pass for both nights to ensure they get to go through each house each night. If that's too much cost, then express passes for the first night would let them see all houses, and then they could plan to revisit their favorites on the second night. Having said that, if they don't mind waiting in long lines and can rush from location to location, then they could potentially see all houses each night without express passes. Careful planning, paying attention to touring plans, would be essential. Or, if seeing each house each night is not a priority, they could again skip express passes and leisurely visit half the houses one night and the remaining houses the next night. There's several ways to do it, and it all depends on the people going and their expectations. For example, we are too impatient to wait in the 1-2.5 hour lines (not all lines will be that long at all times, though), and we like to tour HHN at a leisurely pace, yet we still want to see each house each night . We have to have express passes to have a good time.

As for vloggers, if you want to see some good videos about the event itself, Tim Tracker and his wife Jen (youtube channel is TheTimTracker) have some good videos of them walking through the event for several years. Note: except for some special media events, they cannot film inside the houses. Fortunately, there are some inside house videos though (Jen Tracker went through Slaughter Cinema last year on camera and that video is on their channel).

Question for those that have purchased private RIP tours. When you purchase it do you just pay for the 11 tickets, do they need names of the people when you purchase. I'm purchasing for our family and friends and not sure of who will be going for sure if they go on sale soon I just want to lock in the date. Thanks

Question for those that have purchased private RIP tours. When you purchase it do you just pay for the 11 tickets, do they need names of the people when you purchase. I'm purchasing for our family and friends and not sure of who will be going for sure if they go on sale soon I just want to lock in the date. Thanks

Mod Mac is the expert on alll things HHN, especially private RIP tours. You might want to pick her brain

When I bought mine last year, they only asked for the number of people and my name. Private RIP Tours are 10 people I believe. You can even increase and decrease pretty days before with no issues, within the size allowed.

I've been booking private RIP HHN tours for years.
This September will be my 27th year at hhn.

The person that books the private tour is the holder of that tour.
Only that name is on the reservation.

The cost for the tour is one price that is paid by who books it.

You can add peeps to it as you choose.
A few years my group was allowed to have 14 in it but this was back many years ago when the tours were not filling up as they do now.

Most years I have 10 in my group, a couple of years had 11 and paid a surcharge for the extra in the tour.

Each year this number can change but having 10 in the group is the maximum usually.

I see many tour groups only having 5 or 6 in them.

Each person in the tour must have the HHN ticket.
That is up to them to purchase it as they can not be in the park without the hhn park ticket.

Hi peeps, situation here, Was wondering if I got the 2 night tickets if my wife and daughter could use 1 night and me and my daughter could use the second night. I have a son that is to young to go so we would swap out taking him on a adventure on opposite nights. Thanks

Thank you

I've been booking private RIP HHN tours for years.
This September will be my 27th year at hhn.

The person that books the private tour is the holder of that tour.
Only that name is on the reservation.

The cost for the tour is one price that is paid by who books it.

You can add peeps to it as you choose.
A few years my group was allowed to have 14 in it but this was back many years ago when the tours were not filling up as they do now.

Most years I have 10 in my group, a couple of years had 11 and paid a surcharge for the extra in the tour.

Each year this number can change but having 10 in the group is the maximum usually.

I see many tour groups only having 5 or 6 in them.

Each person in the tour must have the HHN ticket.
That is up to them to purchase it as they can not be in the park without the hhn park ticket.

MACCCCCCCCCCCCCCC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How you been? How you doing health-wise?

Heading out earlier this year so will most likely miss seeing you.

Dates are Sept 19-23. Meeting Rick and Keith. Trip is much cheaper earlier in the month and since it starts so early in September, by that third week they should have made all the tweaks and adjustments to the houses. Just hope it doesn't rain!!!!!

When you going?

Marqui

I can not believe I will miss seeing you this year!!!

We always meet up...

I will be there sept 29
Coming in earlier this year

I found airfare and hotel rooms much cheaper starting in September just as you posted

Is Rick and Dora planning on doing all the weekends?

(I will really miss not seeing youse this year!)

Just bought our tickets using the BOGO deal - works out well for us, we plan to go on Halloween itself and either the day before (Wed) or after (Fri). Such a good deal!! This will be the first year we're doing two nights, I'm excited to be able to go back through the houses we loved and slow down and enjoy the scare zones on night two instead of trying to get through every house.

I can not believe I will miss seeing you this year!!!

We always meet up...

I will be there sept 29
Coming in earlier this year

I found airfare and hotel rooms much cheaper starting in September just as you posted

Is Rick and Dora planning on doing all the weekends?

(I will really miss not seeing youse this year!)

Yeah ikr?!

Not using wife's airline tix benefits. Paid for flight and saved about 500 bucks on those dates!

Rick and Dora will have the FFP+Ex as usual and will be there every Sunday. Keith will also be staying until early October, so you should be able to meet up with them.

Marqui

Thanks for that info on Rick and Keith

It just won’t be the same not seeing you this year

We need to coordinate our hhn dates next year!

Just bought our tickets using the BOGO deal - works out well for us, we plan to go on Halloween itself and either the day before (Wed) or after (Fri). Such a good deal!! This will be the first year we're doing two nights, I'm excited to be able to go back through the houses we loved and slow down and enjoy the scare zones on night two instead of trying to get through every house.
I also purchased the BOGO deal and we are planning on October 30 and 31st. Still deciding which night for Express and whether or not to do an RIP tour.

I also purchased the BOGO deal and we are planning on October 30 and 31st. Still deciding which night for Express and whether or not to do an RIP tour.

We will do express the first night for sure. Then we will know which houses we want to go back through and are worth waiting in line for.

If i got the BOGO deal and wanted express pass for HHN does the EP count for all nights listed? or just the one night and i would have to buy multiple?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!