Official 2019 HHN-29 Thread

I bought bogo tickets for my family and I. As soon as the aph “store” was set up, I bought express passes for one night, and the 6 house tour.

I thought about the rip tour, and couldn’t help but notice, that all the tours and dining were the same price as for the general public? Including the rip tour? I was expecting the RIP tour to be discounted for sure.

I did not look at the single/multiple entry passes as I already had the bogo tix.

Anyone else notice? Or could the rip tour be non discounted due to the fact I was looking at opening weekend?

Interesting. Both in the ap store and in the general public, it is 199 for September 8 for me. I guess I better call universal.

Update: I called universal, and the agent looked up the rip tour in a few ways : with a pkg, by itself. Then she asked other people while I was on hold. She said the non private rip tour is not discounted yet for annual Passholders, but it will be released later maybe? It’s 60$ (X 3 people =180$) more for me now then buying the ep with scareactor dining ( request of ds), and because I booked two other tours at universal, I will wait and see if it goes on sale to aph.

Last edited:
Once hhn releases the list for all ten houses, we will know which houses will be included for the day tours
We did a half tour last year for the first time. We entered and exited in the Blue Man Group area, so no daytime park ticket was needed. After the tour, those of us with a daytime ticket could enter the side entrance to the Studios. Those without a daytime ticket could exit back to City Walk. No idea if it will be the same this year, but that's how it worked last year.

Thanks for the information!

I bought bogo tickets for my family and I. As soon as the aph “store” was set up, I bought express passes for one night, and the 6 house tour.

I thought about the rip tour, and couldn’t help but notice, that all the tours and dining were the same price as for the general public? Including the rip tour? I was expecting the RIP tour to be discounted for sure.

I did not look at the single/multiple entry passes as I already had the bogo tix.

Anyone else notice? Or could the rip tour be non discounted due to the fact I was looking at opening weekend?
I am noticing same prices for my family with or without AP in EVERYTHING. I’ve tried all 3 of our pass holder numbers

I am noticing same prices for my family with or without AP in EVERYTHING. I’ve tried all 3 of our pass holder numbers
I get the discount on the tickets, but all the tours are the same price. Also the hotels are same price if going through HHN site as the current APH rate.
Did the UtH tour have an APH rate last year?

single, and multiple day tickets (ROF ect.) with/without express passes are discounted. All
I get the discount on the tickets, but all the tours are the same price. Also the hotels are same price if going through HHN site as the current APH rate.
Did the UtH tour have an APH rate last year?
Last year the RIP tour was 15% off I think to aph. I did the 6 house unmasking the horror tour last year, and it never went on sale, nor did the scareactor dining.

Question about the non-private RIP Tour...

Once the tour with the guide is over, are you allowed to go through the houses again via the Express entrance?

Question about the non-private RIP Tour...

Once the tour with the guide is over, are you allowed to go through the houses again via the Express entrance?
If you have the ep ticket, you can

Last and past years uo allowed those that did the public rip hhn tour be allowed to do the rides one time using the ep line

If you have the ep ticket, you can

Last and past years uo allowed those that did the public rip hhn tour be allowed to do the rides one time using the ep line

So that means I would need to purchase the regular HHN park admission ticket, plus the Express Pass ticket, plus the RIP Tour ticket?

That is correct. Unless something changes.

Last year you could get deeply discounted HHN tickets from special codes on cans of Coke.

The Private RIP Tours have been as reasonable as the Pubilc RIP Tour. Just buy into a Private Rip Tour then you can go to houses more then once the night of the Tour and no need for EP that night.

When you book to be in a public tour or book a private tour, you also need to buy the hhn rip ticket for the night you are on the tour.

Tours can have some waits but they are let into the houses when the TM handling the entrance house lines tells your TG.... have your group enter.

Your group will stay in the congo line together while going through the house

Once your tour is over for the evening, you are allowed to use the ride lines one time only by showing your rip hhn tour ticket.
You do not get to use the ep lines to redo any of the houses.

I know for a fact you can call and upgrade the ticket. They only hang up is that the couple of times I've done it they have to refund the first ticket and then you purchase the ROF at full price, so technically you're still paying just the difference, you just have to wait a bit to get the original money back.
That is interesting to read they are doing it that way as they are stated as being non-refundable. Going to guess though if you requested actual tix mailed out to you, then it would be out of the question.

What do they give you that is different in the private tour vs the public tour that gives you access to the express line after the tour is over? Price wise is it cheaper to do a private tour vs public tour plus buying express pass?

What do they give you that is different in the private tour vs the public tour that gives you access to the express line after the tour is over? Price wise is it cheaper to do a private tour vs public tour plus buying express pass?
Public tours are for 3.5 to 4 hours
You do each house, scare zones one time
The tour plans are set up and controlled by the tour guide

Private tours start 6:30 and is over when the park closes
The person that books this tour can decide how he/she wants the evening to be planned
Repeat houses, rides, bar/food breaks, etc

The tour guide works with the person that booked this tour on how they want the event to be covered

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!