"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
My final thoughts:
-I know that crowds are perception but it felt really crowded to me compared to the 2015 one we attended last. Granted, it was the first night but I still felt like there were people and roadblocks everywhere.
- we got in line for the plaza dessert party around 8:30 and while it wasn’t a debacle that others experienced a little later, it would have been really nice to check in earlier in the night.
- the viewing area for the garden was much fuller than I anticipated it would be. I think it was just as full if not fuller than the HEA we attended last summer.
- definitely wait until the end of the night for trick or treating. Much better than lugging it around all night.
- loved the new fireworks. Some of the music was not quite Halloween as others mentioned but I still thought it was a great show.

Last edited:
My daughter said something about these mugs last week and I went searching for old threads to see if we should even *hope* of seeing them on our trip, lol. From what I could find, they announced the mugs in early August last year. The first report of someone actually seeing them was August 29th. They were only at a handful of resorts for a few days, disappeared completely for a couple weeks, and came back mid September. Availability was pretty sketchy all season. It would make more sense if they’d just put them out with all the other Halloween merch, and make plenty of them available since the demand is obviously very high. 🤷🏻‍♀️
Could not agree with this more!

I just saw photos in a Facebook group, the Magical Guide to Magic Kingdom. The photos showed the Jack and Sally push pops, Amuck Amuck cupcake, slices of the wedding cake (not full cake with the axe), the worms n dirt, a brownie pumpkin cheesecake, cheeseburger egg rolls, dark chocolate covered strawberries, cheese/fruit/crackers, spinach dip, and a s'mores action station. They also had green sparkling apple cider.

Well, that makes this a little more tempting.

@Best Aunt Oh and I dont know when they start the Headless Horseman photo OP but its definitely not when they start letting people in at 4pm at least lol. I usually dont make a special trip for it and have done it twice as I was leaving the park. I know they continue doing it for at least a little bit after midnight but not sure for how long.

I checked my photos from last year and according to the train station clock, I got the photo at 5:50 pm. Or that may be 6:50 know that I look closer. 426626

Last edited:

It wasn't anything to do with lack of planning or anything. We just ran out of time. We were moving slower than normal as my fiance was in a wheelchair and it was so busy that it was hard to navigate or get around. We're going to come back when he's walking and that should give us the ability to get more done.

Excellent!

Ok I broke down and watched a video of the fireworks! I had to see what the story is. I appreciated the fireworks and the projections, but I thought it was too cartooney and I did not like the music. I know the projections are supposed to work with the fireworks and complete the show, but I found them competing a lot of the time and my focus kept changing between the two. Definitely not like HEA where the fireworks and projections work well together.
My final thoughts:
-I know that crowds are perception but it felt really crowded to me compared to the 2015 one we attended last. Granted, it was the first night but I still felt like there were people and roadblocks everywhere.
- we got in line for the plaza dessert party around 8:30 and while it wasn’t a debacle that others experienced a little later, it would have been really nice to check in earlier in the night.
- the viewing area for the garden was much fuller than I anticipated it would be. I think it was just as full if not fuller than the HEA we attended last summer.
- definitely wait until the end of the night for trick or treating. Much better than lugging it around all night.
- loved the new fireworks. Some of the music was not quite Halloween as others mentioned but I still thought it was a great show.
Was the summer dessert party you attended with both the before and after dessert parties in the garden at the same time? The one we did in May was with both parties in the garden and I found it fuller. I'm wondering if the Halloween party is full like that, or much fuller than even the garden with two dessert parties.
Did you skip the last parade to ToT? Which lines did you find lower crowds?

Thanks everyone who provided info re the headless horseman photo! (yes I know it’s a Magic Shot, I just haven’t noticed photographers where I thought it might be.)

anyone have any info about the "special offer" one-day memory maker available at the town square theater only during the event (price?)
$69, you can purchase it on the app after you take your first picture in the park and its loaded for you to view. Theres no prepay discount like the normal memory maker.

I'm pretty sure it's not event specific either, and can buy any day at the parks, but I'm not 100 on that.

Just adding additional info.
You can also purchase the One Day MM over the phone AND use Disney Gift Cards. I'm not sure if it's the same on app.
Once purchased you have access to both studios: Sir Mickey's and at Disney Springs
This year at Sir Mickey's DPP is offering an array of new props.
As seen on the main page of this thread: HERE or HERE

And last year Disney PhotoPass at Disney Springs offered an assortment of: Virtual Backdrops
I've not seen anything posted for 2019.

Just adding additional info.
You can also purchase the One Day MM over the phone AND use Disney Gift Cards. I'm not sure if it's the same on app.
Once purchased you have access to both studios: Sir Mickey's and at Disney Springs
This year at Sir Mickey's DPP is offering an array of new props.

I've not seen anything posted for 2019.

wondering if this is something different: about halfway down on the left on the first page:

https://www.wdwinfo.com/maps/mickeys-not-so-scary-halloween-party-map.htma "not so scary offer"

Exclusive MNSSHP Pins & Prices

View attachment 426282
2019 Logo Pin: Limited release, retail price is $16.99

View attachment 426285
2019 Annual Passholder pin Limited release, retail price is $16.99

View attachment 426287
Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular 2019 Pin Set: Features three (3) pins. Limited release. Price NOT listed.

View attachment 426291
Maleficent pin Features 3D rubber, slider element and glow in the dark design. Limited edition of 4,100, retail price is $17.99.

View attachment 426296
Captain Hook pin Features 3D rubber, slider element and glow in the dark design. Limited edition of 4,100, retail price is $17.99.

View attachment 426301
Jafar pin Features 3D rubber, slider element and glow in the dark design. Limited edition of 4,100, retail price is $17.99.

View attachment 426303
Oogie Boogie pin Features 3D rubber, slider element and glow in the dark design. Limited edition of 4,100, retail price is $17.99.

View attachment 426307

View attachment 426309
Mystery Pin Collection: Features various Disney characters carved on pumpkins. Limited release mystery set. Two randomly selected pins per box. There are 10 pins in total for this collection. Retail price is $19.99 per box.

Again, these are the EXCLUSIVE 2019 MNSSHP PINS.
Source: Disney Pin Blog
I have a lot of catching up to do...20 pages behind. I've been watching blogs and of course watched @yulilin3 live stream from the party last night....regarding the pins, I cant decide if I want the passholder limited release or the Oogie Boogie limited edition pin....but I do keep telling myself I'm NOT a pin collector, lol!

I have a lot of catching up to do...20 pages behind. I've been watching blogs and of course watched @yulilin3 live stream from the party last night....regarding the pins, I cant decide if I want the passholder limited release or the Oogie Boogie limited edition pin....but I do keep telling myself I'm NOT a pin collector, lol!

Woof! I agree, there is so much information and merchandise that was dumped within the last 48 hours! And it's still coming in!!!

Last edited:
wondering if this is something different: about halfway down on the left on the first page:

https://www.wdwinfo.com/maps/mickeys-not-so-scary-halloween-party-map.htma "not so scary offer"

I saw that too, they are referring to Event Exclusive magic shots and props found only during the party like the Headless Horseman. The verbiage is just off. I purchased our One Day on the phone and it's good from 6:00 a.m. Eastern Time and ends at 5:59 a.m. Eastern Time on the following day. I can use it at any park and on any given day of my choosing.

Here's the link to: Everything PhotoPass and Memory Maker

Oh, thanks for posting the link.

Last edited:
Just before I go back and read the last 20 pages I have to tell you what happened to me today. I waited until the first party to verify that I did, indeed NEED the dessert party with Plaza viewing for our party on Sept 2. I called today and the first 2 calls were “disconnected”....call a third time only to be told the plaza viewing is sold out for my party. Ok....so I look online and clearly I can get all the way through until I put in my cc# so I call back. On hold 7 min, cm looks and looks....Tomorrowland Terrace is available but not Plaza viewing. Ok. I think so much for having a discount by booking on the phone so I can use my DGC. I proceed to go online and book it myself using cc that I didn’t want to use. :confused3

Is anyone else not seeing all their photopsss pictures? I’m missing our last picture - magic shot with headless horseman? It was taken very late so I’m hoping it shows up soon...

Just watched a video of the fireworks. MAJOR let down. They absolutely ruined it. Instead of Halloween songs it’s just a narrative talking the whole time with instrumental music mixed in. The fireworks were good, the projections could have been better. But MY GOD how can Disney put on a Halloween show without playing Grim Grinning Ghosts??? They butchered This Is Halloween. Barely any Halloween music at all. Biggest letdown in decades. Instead of letting the vocals tell the story we now stand quietly for story time with Mickey. HUGE disappointment.
Why are you posting spoilers!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter