"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking forward to doing this event this year, it will be mine and DGF's first time. We're going to go on Oct 27th, and we've already planned our costumes. I even agreed to a couples costume if she let me pick. She chose poorly as I came up with us going as the District 5 Mighty Ducks. I nailed the costume right down to what they wore in the movie, it's going to look epic. And who doesn't love some adult ToT!!!!

If you do the dessert party during the Halloween party - do you get a reserve area to watch the parade along with the fireworks- I would do the plaza viewing party if it was offered

If you do the dessert party during the Halloween party - do you get a reserve area to watch the parade along with the fireworks- I would do the plaza viewing party if it was offered
Most likely not unless they make a mistake again like last year.

We area going to the party the first night of our stay-Will guest services be open the entire party time? We had hoped to activate annual passes just prior to the 7pm beginning of the party, or even later. Or would it be better to arrive about 3 and activate them before we are allowed to enter?

We area going to the party the first night of our stay-Will guest services be open the entire party time? We had hoped to activate annual passes just prior to the 7pm beginning of the party, or even later. Or would it be better to arrive about 3 and activate them before we are allowed to enter?

How are you arriving? Car/WDW transport/etc?

I would do the 3pm way

So excited for everyone going this year!

I was meant to be going for a 2019 Wine and Dine trip, including the Halloween party but life happens and its been postponed...for a long time. We are hoping for 2025 soo I sure hope this party is still around in 6 years?! Still looking forward to following this thread and living through those who are going :D

So excited for everyone going this year!

I was meant to be going for a 2019 Wine and Dine trip, including the Halloween party but life happens and its been postponed...for a long time. We are hoping for 2025 soo I sure hope this party is still around in 6 years?! Still looking forward to following this thread and living through those who are going :D
Sorry for the disappointment of postponement. As long as Disney is making money off of the event, I'm sure we'll still be seeing it for quite some time.....

Count us in, my dd and I will be going in the heat of August on 8/20, this will be our 5th party. We love the parade and the atmosphere.

How are you arriving? Car/WDW transport/etc?
By car-in the past we have found it easier to leave after the fireworks than waiting on buses-we use the resort monorail and get of at TTC. If this is different after a party and you feel buses would get us back to AoA quicker I appreciated comments.

By car-in the past we have found it easier to leave after the fireworks than waiting on buses-we use the resort monorail and get of at TTC. If this is different after a party and you feel buses would get us back to AoA quicker I appreciated comments.

Cool, I asked because I was going to suggest activating your AP at a TTC ticket window. You may find that easier/quicker than doing it at the MK.

I still don’t get it I’m afraid, you could pretty much do all that without paying the extra but the enthusiasm of everyone on here is so infectious! We did the Mickey Christmas party a few years ago and enjoyed that but don’t remember it being as expensive as this and snow on Main Street is something else.

I guess it’s highly influenced by Halloween still not being anywhere near as big / popular in uk than in the USA, for my generation and older it’ll never be as popular but who knows what the future brings.

We are shelling out the money for the party for a couple of reasons. We’ve done Halloween Time at Disneyland a couple of times, never the official party, and the specialty fireworks show is amazing! The soundtrack is sick and is my second favorite Disney soundtrack ever, behind MSEP. The way it works now is that the Halloween fireworks are only for the party. Also, we’ve seen guests entering Disneyland for the party on the plaza between the two parks and their costumes are, again, amazing. It will be fun to see what everyone puts together! We actually won’t do much trick or treating or character meets because that won’t be of interest to my teenage boys. We plan to ride like crazy though, as we are just swinging through the MK for that one night on our way to catch a cruise ship the next day. This works out for our schedule, I have gift cards to cover the cost, we’ve never done a hard ticket event before, and you only live once!

Now, I would like to see it snow on Main Street someday!

We are going to the first party and I thought I read somewhere that the grassy area by Casey’s, where people recommend watching the fireworks, was roped off for the media. Can anyone confirm this? Major bummer if so!

Count us in, my dd and I will be going in the heat of August on 8/20, this will be our 5th party. We love the parade and the atmosphere.

Just bought our tickets today for this date. Making it a girl's getaway - me and my DD (11) and my friend and her two DDs (9 and 11). Trying to get the girls to dress up like the muses from Hercules, but we'll see. We aren't telling them till June about the trip because they are going to freak! I know it's going to be so hot and crossing fingers for no rain!

My 11 year old daughter and I will be there on 8/20 too! I think we are going to just wear Halloween theme shirts and maybe do some fun hairstyles/makeup. I'm concerned about the heat and taking up too much space in our luggage with costumes (we'll be in Orlando for 10 days -- doing Universal Studios too). But I may change my mind between now and then!

We are going to the first party and I thought I read somewhere that the grassy area by Casey’s, where people recommend watching the fireworks, was roped off for the media. Can anyone confirm this? Major bummer if so!

I think that is correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!