"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have the motorhome ready and leaving out Saturday morning. For MNSSHP on Monday the wife is going as Minnie Mouse, me as a Jedi Knight and son as Spiderman.
Tim's newest video still shows the Jack Skellington sipper at Cosmic Rays, got my fingers crossed they have them on Monday night.
Never really been in the park so late so it's going to be something new for all of us.

We’re booked for Monday’s party next week. I’m just keeping an eye on the weather to see how it goes.

Our FPs are booked for that day for the 3:30 to 6 pm time frame. We’re going to Typhoon Lagoon in the morning.

I have the Plaza Garden Party booked. Since we’re at Fort Wilderness, I plan on us eating an early linner? before heading to MK by 3pm. I’ll take additional food in our bag - PBJ roll ups or chicken ranch wrap and veggies/hummus (in bento boxes w cold packs) to balance the Dessert Party.

Other than Hades Nachos - nothing else during the party jumped out to me on the savory end. And we make a mean Blackstone chicken nachos when we are camping.

Looking forward to the new fireworks, the parade and everyone’s great costumes.

Thanks to everyone on the thread for their great advice - my last MNSSHP was ten yrs ago so I’ve appreciated all of the updates!

Oh, forgot to mention, I'd do the Sunday one. I think the crowds are less, from my experience. I think you should definitely give it a try if you like it at night then. The fireworks are really cool I believe they are at 10:15 PM and be somewhere near the castle. I never wait in line for parades/shows. Usually I'm able to just walk somewhere and get a good view wherever it is when it starts. And typically catch the last parade, if you want, on the stairs of Guest Relations (great view by the way) or in the front or in front of Frontier Trading Post on the little stage-area-thing where I can sit.

I think I’m leaning towards Sunday only because with a 5:30 AM flight on Friday getting into Orlando, the Friday night party would make for a long night

Keep your eye on the development of trpical or subtropical storm, Nestor. Just got the cyclone watch on my phone. Looks like could possible be some squall like weather. Being that we're on the right side of the storm, tornadoes could develop. The worse of the weather is expected more north and along the panhandle. Friday night into Saturday.

Wow I can’t believe all the sold out parties, what is going on?

:duck:Gotta say it, I think it's great for Disney provided it's not overly crowded as we've seen but I honestly think they are trying to control that. I still believe when it comes to throwing a family friendly Halloween party Disney goes above and beyond, CM's too making it the best party. I never understood why crowd levels were low to begin with.

I’m going to be at WDW for my first solo trip next week, staying from the 25th to the 29th. I intended on getting a three day park hopper and a ticket to MNSSHP to use on my 4th day from 4 PM to park closing. I accidentally purchased a 4 day park hopper pass and had given up on the party event because of my mistake. The party is held on the Friday and Sunday of my trip and I’ve heard the Friday parties tend to be more crowded. Looking for some advice on whether or not I should just splurge and buy the ticket for the Sunday party. I’ve never been before. I don’t have any interest in the characters, parade or fireworks, to be honest. I really just want to be in the park at night for the event, see all the cool decorations, take some pictures and hopefully get on a bunch of rides with lesser wait times. I’m leaning towards doing it even though it will cost another $120. Just looking to hear people’s feedback on their experiences and how much they were able to do from 4 pm on. Thanks!

I would call and explain what happened maybe you'll get a kind CM to help you purchase the correct tickets. It never hurts to ask even if you purchased the PH from a third party. Third party sellers have policies too but I would call Disney first. Please post back if things change.

Keep your eye on the development of trpical or subtropical storm, Nestor. Just got the cyclone watch on my phone. Looks like could possible be some squall like weather. Being that we're on the right side of the storm, tornadoes could develop. The worse of the weather is expected more north and along the panhandle. Friday night into Saturday.

My family cancelled our trip in September because of Dorian, now we're flying in Saturday morning for our rescheduled trip -_____-

My family cancelled our trip in September because of Dorian, now we're flying in Saturday morning for our rescheduled trip -_____-

This one isn't a hurricane. Latest update says we'll get some wind and some rain, but not tropical storm force here in central FL.

See you Monday! We are going down Saturday for the Monday party. DD will be Donald, my mom will be Daisy, DH will be Dr. Facilier and I will be Pooh.
Looking forward to it no matter the weather or crowds. Party is already paid for, might as well attempt to have a good time!
Have the motorhome ready and leaving out Saturday morning. For MNSSHP on Monday the wife is going as Minnie Mouse, me as a Jedi Knight and son as Spiderman.
Tim's newest video still shows the Jack Skellington sipper at Cosmic Rays, got my fingers crossed they have them on Monday night.
Never really been in the park so late so it's going to be something new for all of us.

See you Monday! We are going down Saturday for the Monday party. DD will be Donald, my mom will be Daisy, DH will be Dr. Facilier and I will be Pooh.
Looking forward to it no matter the weather or crowds. Party is already paid for, might as well attempt to have a good time!

I am sure this is a silly question but having never been to MNSSHP, does it take place rain or shine? I’m guessing yes with the parade and fireworks being impacted by weather?

I am sure this is a silly question but having never been to MNSSHP, does it take place rain or shine? I’m guessing yes with the parade and fireworks being impacted by weather?
Yes the party will almost always go on during rain or inclement weather. The fireworks or parade will be delayed if need be or in extreme circumstances they can be cancelled. I know the headless horseman will not ride even if the ground is slippery for the horse (doesn’t have to be raining right then).

Yes the party will almost always go on during rain or inclement weather. The fireworks or parade will be delayed if need be or in extreme circumstances they can be cancelled. I know the headless horseman will not ride even if the ground is slippery for the horse (doesn’t have to be raining right then).

And the Hocus Pocus show will depend on if the stage is slippery too.

The outdoor meet and greets are weather dependent too. So are the outdoor tot. The indoor ones should continue regardless.

We were at the 10/14 party. This isn’t a long or detailed review. Just checking in to share a little bit and say we had a great time!! I didn’t realize it was a sold out party until we were leaving. The lines seemed very similar to what we encountered last year on a non-sold out party night. I do wonder if there’s a tot strategy that I’m missing, lol. It seems like everywhere we go, the entrance is on the opposite side of where we’re coming from, and then it exits in the direction we just came from. It’s lots of backtracking, which I usually try to avoid when I plan how to spend time in the parks. At MNSSHP we usually start in Frontierland/Adventureland and work our way across Fantasyland and over to Tomorrowland.

This was the first year we stayed for the entire party (left shortly after midnight), although some of this was unintentional and due to a family member we brought with us whose ECV (off-site rental) ran out of battery and had to recharge.

DD and I ended up skipping the fireworks. We were at the Tomorrowland Terrace dessert party and got up to walk around (more tot candy...) a little bit before fireworks. We noticed Space Mtn was down as we went into the restroom nearby a little before 10. When we came back out, the queue was open (holding people outside), and there were only about 20 people waiting. The CM there said they were expecting the ride to be back up immediately. We couldn’t resist, lol, and jumped into the line. We waited a few minutes, and by about 10:05, they re-opened SM! We literally walked right onto it! We essentially missed out on the fireworks, but it didn’t feel much like missing out because we were so excited to walk right onto Space Mountain.

By midnight, I was feeling rather sick to my stomach. On our way back to the resort, I chalked it up to too much candy snacking and desserts (I didn’t actually eat that much candy or desserts, but I convinced myself it was the combination of candy plus Space Mtn), but unfortunately I was up all night very sick. We checked out the following morning. It was a very unpleasant end to our vacation and a miserable journey back home to Colorado. Luckily it was only a 24 hour bug, and I managed not to share it with my DD. She and/or I always seem to get sick at Disney, lol. Usually it’s a cold we come home with (which we fondly call “the Disney bug.” It’s like a vacation momento, lol), but she came down with a stomach virus a few years ago at Thanksgiving and this trip apparently it was my turn. That put a damper on the end of our trip, but it was a really fun night at the party!

We attended the 10/17 party and had a great time! It was sold out but I thought the crowds were totally manageable and wait times generally low. The atmosphere was fantastic! There is something extra magic about Disney at night.

Thank you to everyone who has been sharing their experiences and advice. I have enjoyed all 307 pages of it and it definitely helped me prepare for tonight.

We went to MK earlier today and then returned to our resort for a break before the party (staying at Contemporary — so convenient!) so we did not arrive until just before 7. Here is a summary of what we accomplished:
Tapped in and got wristbands — no wait for either.
Bypass for bags/candy and a quick photo.
Stopped in at first aid for some Tylenol. Fun fact: it’s a “secret candy spot.”
Got water at Casey’s — no wait.
Tot at Diamond Horseshoe — long line but moved quickly.
Hitchhiking ghost and hatbox ghost magic shots — no wait.
Splash Mountain — 25 minutes posted, fairly accurate.
Dinner at Pecos Bill — mobile ordered, only waited 5 minutes or so.
BTMR — 10 minute wait or so.
Splash again — 5 minute wait during first parade.
Tot at Splash — no wait.
Bathroom break.
Tot at Philharmagic— no wait, plus we got to sit and watch Mr. Toad for a while to recharge.
We were heading to meet Elena when the fireworks started, so we stopped and watched. We were right next to the carrousel and were surrounded by fireworks. We couldn’t see the projections of course, but we enjoyed the fireworks anyway.
Met Elena and Cinderella. Only one group ahead of us so little wait, and there was no one behind us so Elena talked to my boys for a long time, which is great because they love her. She was fantastic with them.
Tried to ride Pooh but it was down.
Tot next to Cosmic Ray’s — no wait.
Space Mountain — 25 minutes posted, but it was less than that. More like somewhere between 15 and 20.
Quick stop to dance with Sulley.
Walked toward exit just before the second parade. The parade had started, it just had not reached Main Street when we walked up toward the exit, but I saw plenty of good places to watch even at the last minute.
Took resort monorail — waited 15 minutes or so. We could have walked quicker but we were tired!

I think that is it. I feel like I am forgetting something, but I am too tired to think.

It was a great evening. We saw lots of amazing costumes and enjoyed the whole feel of the party immensely. We did more trick or treating than we planned, but it is hard to walk by an empty line without stopping. The three of us got enough candy to fill a two gallon baggie. Everyone was generous except at the exit of Splash, which only gave 1 piece. The line next to splash, on the other hand, gave double handfuls.

Thank you all again for all the great advice! It helped us have a magical evening!

Last edited:
twinmom13 ~ How wet did you get on Splash? Is the splash level turned down to avoid ruining costumes? We would love to ride it at the party, but we don't want to walk around soaking wet or ruin our party ears. We've been there in cold weather when the splash is turned off and in hot weather when everyone gets soaked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter