"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope they make an official announcement soon. Planning dining is difficult. According to this it would start on a Thursday and Saturday and then change to the same Tuesday Friday schedule of last August...why? WARNING WHINING AHEAD!!!!!! Why can't Disney give us the schedule for all party events at 180 days when they make us schedule our dining? Or change dining to 90 days out.

I hope they make an official announcement soon. Planning dining is difficult. According to this it would start on a Thursday and Saturday and then change to the same Tuesday Friday schedule of last August...why? WARNING WHINING AHEAD!!!!!! Why can't Disney give us the schedule for all party events at 180 days when they make us schedule our dining? Or change dining to 90 days out.

But will know by 180 if they announce around the same time! Hoping for 8/21

I've gone to MNSSHP pretty much every year, but don't remember a Saturday. Although I usually go in October so perhaps that's an August thing?

how are crowds for the Labor Day party?
We did two parties in 2019 and one was scheduled for Labor Day, however hurricane Dorian messed that up on us and we switched our Labor Day party to the Friday before. I can tell you that we are usually not so rigid on a party schedule but we did have a loose plan in anticipation of the crowd. Our second party was on a sold out night in October and it was crowded, but manageable. We tend to go with the flow and not get too worried about the crowds. That was our first sold out party experience and it was bearable.

If this year is anything like 2019 with how Disney was selling tickets and all the sold out parties, it is wise to keep an eye on it and have some loose plans, but be prepared to be flexible.

While we're on the subject of crowds... What about for the parties the day or two before Halloween? I'll be there over Halloweekend this year but I'm curious if the crowds are lower in the days leading up or if it doesn't matter.

The idea of going on Halloween seems neat (but super crowded, I'm aware!), but if the day before might be significantly less crowded then maybe I'll go that route instead.

Any experience here?

While we're on the subject of crowds... What about for the parties the day or two before Halloween? I'll be there over Halloweekend this year but I'm curious if the crowds are lower in the days leading up or if it doesn't matter.

The idea of going on Halloween seems neat (but super crowded, I'm aware!), but if the day before might be significantly less crowded then maybe I'll go that route instead.

Any experience here?
You can go back a few pages on this thread and read some trip reports from the last few parties of the 2019 season. There are a few things to keep in mind though....

1. "crowded" is a definition dependent on an individual's opinion. I saw LOTS of complaints during the whole party season last year about how "crowded" the parties were. Even on the nights that weren't sold out. I fully expect the crowds to be larger the closer you get to Halloween, but I'm really using the "sold out" status to define "crowd".

2. We never know ahead of time (with the exception of Halloween itself and probably the first one with all the vloggers/bloggers) if a party will sell out. Last year there were 13 sold out parties (the most recorded so far on here) out of 36 total parties (also the most recorded so far on here).

3. Will Disney be actively promoting the party like they did in 2019 with kiosks in the monorail resorts? We don't know how many tickets they actually sell to know how many people are in a "sold out" party.

4. Will Disney offer the Party Pass this year? The deal was incredible last year and people took advantage of it... but we don't know how many party passes they sold or when those people were in the parties. We also don't know if Disney factored those people into the equation when they listed a party as "sold out". If they offer the party pass again, the same way without restrictions (except for Halloween itself) there's no way of knowing ahead of time how crowded a party could be.

If you're interested in a party, I would say go for it! It really is a lot of fun! Just have a good idea of what you want to accomplish and be flexible. I've been to parties in August, September and October and I definitely think the parties on October are more fun. People really seem to get into it more and the costumes become more elaborate.

You can go back a few pages on this thread and read some trip reports from the last few parties of the 2019 season. There are a few things to keep in mind though....

1. "crowded" is a definition dependent on an individual's opinion. I saw LOTS of complaints during the whole party season last year about how "crowded" the parties were. Even on the nights that weren't sold out. I fully expect the crowds to be larger the closer you get to Halloween, but I'm really using the "sold out" status to define "crowd".

2. We never know ahead of time (with the exception of Halloween itself and probably the first one with all the vloggers/bloggers) if a party will sell out. Last year there were 13 sold out parties (the most recorded so far on here) out of 36 total parties (also the most recorded so far on here).

3. Will Disney be actively promoting the party like they did in 2019 with kiosks in the monorail resorts? We don't know how many tickets they actually sell to know how many people are in a "sold out" party.

4. Will Disney offer the Party Pass this year? The deal was incredible last year and people took advantage of it... but we don't know how many party passes they sold or when those people were in the parties. We also don't know if Disney factored those people into the equation when they listed a party as "sold out". If they offer the party pass again, the same way without restrictions (except for Halloween itself) there's no way of knowing ahead of time how crowded a party could be.

If you're interested in a party, I would say go for it! It really is a lot of fun! Just have a good idea of what you want to accomplish and be flexible. I've been to parties in August, September and October and I definitely think the parties on October are more fun. People really seem to get into it more and the costumes become more elaborate.
That's really good advice, thank you! I'll browse back a few pages for those reports from the date range I'm looking at. I went to a party in mid-October a few years ago and I thought it was fine. I'm usually there for all the extras and not so much short ride lines so I think that helps with the perspective a little. Plus I'll be solo and it's always easier to deal with any crowd when you're by yourself!

Any experience here?

This year will be different if they don't sell the party passes like last year. That gave the party before Halloween the potential to actually have more than Halloween night, since Halloween was the only night not included in the party pass.

I would think usually the parties right around Halloween sell out, so just pick whatever day works best for you. I , wouldn't let that scare you off of actual Halloween, that just means you need to buy your ticket sooner rather than later since Halloween can be one of the first days to sell out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter