"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are peoples party plans?
I am most excited for photos, to be honest but at this moment have no tour plan
This will be our 3rd party this year. Our priorities are Parade, New Fireworks show, stage show (i assume it's still Hocus Pocus?), Trick or Treating, characters, rides, in that order. We have 3 trips planned between May and Dec of 2019 so we'll be getting plenty of rides in this year. We have done most of the characters we are interested in so we'll probably do the Pooh characters only and maybe J&S since it's Halloween :) Trick or Treating was so much fun last year and we may even do the dessert party. Haven't committed to that yet.

I think our priorities are J&S and maybe Pooh characters and fab 5, parade, fireworks, trick or treating, then rides. It will be my second party, but the rest of my families first. My oldest loves J&S so I know that will be a priority.

If I have MM for my entire trip, it will work during the party, correct? The FAQs seem to only talk about purchasing MM for the party only. Thanks!

We're spending Fall Break at the beach but I'm thinking about driving over to attend MNSSHP. (We've never been.) I'm looking at Tuesday, 10/8, arriving right at 4pm (we won't have an admission ticket, just a party ticket.)

DD8 Really wants to meet Jack & Sally, and I see from You Tube videos that their line gets crazy long. So I guess that means if we want to meet them with any hope of doing anything else that night we need to get there at 4pm and wait in that line from 4p-6p? That sounds miserable... But she Loves those characters. Is this our best strategy? Any guesses on when we would be done there?

In addition to M&G Jack & Sally we'd like to see the Stage Show, Parade, and Fireworks. Realistically, what could we accomplish after Jack & Sally but before the show/parade/fireworks start?

We would be most interested in riding rides.
We're not at all interested in waiting in a line to get candy.
I love the idea of meeting more characters but it seems like they would all have long waits, and we'd rather ride rides, so it's not a priority.

Estimates? Suggestions?

@Katie Dawn I'm not sure if your 4pm time frame includes parking but it should. I hear it can take some time maybe 30 minutes? Everyone please feel free to chime in.

Is it just you and DD8?

The last 3 years we’ve done the Sunday before Halloween party.

Now I can’t decide if we do the Sunday again or if we do the Tuesday party.

I’m a creature of habit so Halloween now being so late in the week is throwing me off. Lol

@Katie Dawn I'm not sure if your 4pm time frame includes parking but it should. I hear it can take some time maybe 30 minutes? Everyone please feel free to chime in.

Is it just you and DD8?

Yes when I say arrival at 4pm I mean at the MK entrance. Getting there, parked, over the lake, etc is a whole other issue. :jumping3:

It would be me, DH, and DD8.
Thank you for any estimates suggestions, etc!

@Katie Dawn
If meeting Jack and Sally is super important (and you want to do other things at the party afterwards), I'd suggest being in the park before 4:00 pm (so, you'd also need a regular park ticket). They are super popular characters and the line for them starts early (before 4:00...some people already had their wristbands for the party).
If you get in at 4:00 (and not earlier), expect to wait in that line for a few hours (I think I waited at least three hours, starting at 4:00). It's worth it, though.
(This was all a couple years ago, when they were over near Liberty Square. I don't know if their location, or anything else, has changed since then.)

Yes when I say arrival at 4pm I mean at the MK entrance. Getting there, parked, over the lake, etc is a whole other issue. :jumping3:

It would be me, DH, and DD8.
Thank you for any estimates suggestions, etc!

Instead of all three of you waiting to meet J&S, I recommend you wait and allow DD8 & DH to go on rides, pick up Sorcerer of the Magic Kingdom card and alternate. It is going to be a long wait. Keep in touch via cell too!

Estimate will vary per party and if DVC members are allowed in at 2pm. If they are allowed DVC will start the line and it will be long starting at 4pm. Maybe 1.5 - 2hrs. really not 100% sure.

If meeting Jack and Sally is super important (and you want to do other things at the party afterwards), I'd suggest being in the park before 4:00 pm (so, you'd also need a regular park ticket). They are super popular characters and the line for them starts early (before 4:00...some people already had their wristbands for the party).
If you get in at 4:00 (and not earlier), expect to wait in that line for a few hours (I think I waited at least three hours, starting at 4:00). It's worth it, though.
(This was all a couple years ago, when they were over near Liberty Square. I don't know if their location, or anything else, has changed since then.)

Ok, thank you. I appreciate the advice... It confirms that we are not committed enough to accomplish the goal of meeting Jack & Sally. :rotfl: We're definitely not willing to pay several hundred additional dollars on one-day park admission so we can get in earlier and wait in the M&G line even longer than I originally thought.

We might still do the party, but our girly is just going to have to understand if we wait in that line it's pretty much the only thing we'd be able to do.

Ok! So new question!

If we are at the MK gate by 4pm, what/how many rides might we be able to ride before the Stage Show/Parade/Fireworks start on 10/8?

Ok, thank you. I appreciate the advice... It confirms that we are not committed enough to accomplish the goal of meeting Jack & Sally. :rotfl: We're definitely not willing to pay several hundred additional dollars on one-day park admission so we can get in earlier and wait in the M&G line even longer than I originally thought.

We might still do the party, but our girly is just going to have to understand if we wait in that line it's pretty much the only thing we'd be able to do.

I will say, if your kids can hang til the second parade; we went to the MVMCP this past year and a cast member at the J&S line (it seems to get about as long for that party),told us to come back during the first parade - the line was already at 3 hours when we got there about 5:00. We went during the parade (a little hard to get up to them cause of traffic, but doable) and only waited 20 minutes. Might be worth a try!

Last edited:
I will say, if your kids can hang til the second parade; we went to the MVMCP this past year and a cast member at the J&S line (it seems to get about as long for that party),told us to come back during the first parade - the line was already at 3 hours when we got there about 5:00. We went during the parade (a little hard to get up to them cause of traffic, but doable) and only waited 20 minutes. Might be worth a try!

Well this is an intriguing idea! Anyone tried this for MNSSHP?

I could only get a ADR at Crystal Palace at 3.55pm on our party night (Aug 20). We won't be using a day ticket; would they let us in 5 minutes early for our reservation? Wondering if I should just cancel it or book Liberty Tree Tavern instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter