"Official" 2019 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Frightfully Festive Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
A sneak peek at Disneyland August Halloween Pins

WDW will be coming in August.

Disney Florist for WDW has added Mickey Mouse Light-Up Pumpkin Bucket $19.99

The Halloween plush I mentioned earlier are now available as an add on item.
Vampire Mickey, ? Minnie Mouse, Egyptian Mummy Pluto $21.99

Frankenstein Chip and Dr. Frankenstein Dale are $29.99

Last edited:
First time MNSSHP'er here... question about magic bands.

I saw a post here showing some 2018 limited edition Halloween magic bands. Will there be something similar for 2019, and when/where can you usually purchase these?

We're going to the 9/27 party (will be staying on property, 9/26 - 10/1). I'm wondering if I should hold off on ordering our "generic" magic bands.

I saw a post here showing some 2018 limited edition Halloween magic bands. Will there be something similar for 2019, and when/where can you usually purchase these?

We're going to the 9/27 party (will be staying on property, 9/26 - 10/1). I'm wondering if I should hold off on ordering our "generic" magic bands.
If you're talking about a MNSSHP band, those are only on sale at the party unless they've run out of stock. I imagine they would still be available at your party since it's still pretty early on, but you never know. All MNSSHP or special event merchandise should be located in various gift shops throughout the park during the party.

If you're talking about Halloween magic bands that are sold at the Disney store, you should be able to order those online once they become available. I highly doubt those will be an upgrade option for the resort though. You can only upgrade to a $24.99 band and usually limited edition bands are $29.99. IF they magically do show up as an option to upgrade, ORDER IT FAST!!!! Because chances are they won't be there long. You may not be aware, but the magic band upgrades are a mess right now. There is a thread all about the problems. I'm sure it'll get better, once there is a system in place. But right now upgrades aren't even an option because they have run out of stock. Your best bet is to select a generic color one. Those won't ship until about a few weeks to a month before your trip, so you can still change it if the upgrade stock becomes available. Then if you get lucky and you see an upgrade you like, quickly order it before it's gone!

Last edited:

Reporting back on my booking of FP+ experience on my party day. We are first time MNSSHP goers. We have 8 days of park hoppers which will be all used up by August 15th. We are doing the party on August 16th. I booked my fastpasses for my first 8 days of park tickets. Then I tried to book FP for my party day and it worked:-) I looked and all of my other fastpasses are there still for my 8 park ticket days. We booked 3:30pm Buzz, 4:30pm Space, 5:30pm Haunted Mansion on our party day. I will keep an eye to make sure Disney doesn't drop off any of my other FP bookings. Our plan is to get to park by 4:00, use our fastpasses and have a quick supper between 5:30-6:30 as we have the garden dessert party booked at night.

They were showing a Haunted Mansion one as one of the upgrades when it first began-if that ever comes around again it could double as a Halloween themed one, unless you want the special one for about $30.

Did anyone go on Labor Day last year? Considering going this year and want to know what the crowds will be like!
We went the week before Labor Day - the Saturday that weekend last year, and it was busier than a trip we took at a similar time in 2015. We did see a shift at our resort (Polynesian) mid-week that week though, it felt less crowded on the weekdays. As mentioned above, with GE opening all bets are off for this year.

Any new characters at this year's party? I know it's a longshot I just thought I would ask. Tia.

All along I thought I was going to be Ursula, but today I completely changed my idea... Super excited. My friends fiance that is going with us doesn't understand why we would want to dress up. I told her she can dress up with my husband and I instead.

Calling all Crafters and Seamstresses

There are some new Disney character sewing buttons in town by Jesse James. Available online and/or in-store at JOANN's and Michael's. Several characters to choose from, here are just a few…

View attachment 408621

View attachment 408624
Did somebody say my name? 😊 I bought the Mermaid ones and attached them to the Mermaid ears I made for dd and myself. I love these buttons and have a lot of them....you never know when you'll need one for a scrapbook page!
My ears came today! Perfect addition to my Orange Bird costume. :sunny:
View attachment 408666
Love these! I'm going to make a.pair for myself
I admired a park-goer's orange bird backpack while waiting in line for RnR last month. He's the cutest little birdie and that orange bird cup is darling as well!

So I am trying to make my touring plan and one thing I really want to do is meet the characters at Pete's Silly Sideshow when they are dressing in their Halloween costumes. Does anyone know what time they chance over from their regular outfits to their Halloween outfits? Is it right at 7:00 or a little before? Thanks!

So I am trying to make my touring plan and one thing I really want to do is meet the characters at Pete's Silly Sideshow when they are dressing in their Halloween costumes. Does anyone know what time they chance over from their regular outfits to their Halloween outfits? Is it right at 7:00 or a little before? Thanks!

Right now plan on 7, but we'll get the details (like who comes out early) once the parties started.

I am within my time frame to book fast passes for the day we go to MNSSHP. We are staying onsite. I know we can get into MK at 4 pm, and was told we can make FP from 4-7 but it won't allow me to do that. My tickets are linked to MDE. I chatted with online technical support and they suggested calling direct which I did. The cast member indicated that they allowed this last year, but haven't decided whether they were allowing it this year. Anyone have any luck with this? Note: We do not have a regular theme park ticket for that day, just the special ticket. I was told in this thread that I could still book FP between the hours of 4 to 7.

I am within my time frame to book fast passes for the day we go to MNSSHP. We are staying onsite. I know we can get into MK at 4 pm, and was told we can make FP from 4-7 but it won't allow me to do that. My tickets are linked to MDE. I chatted with online technical support and they suggested calling direct which I did. The cast member indicated that they allowed this last year, but haven't decided whether they were allowing it this year. Anyone have any luck with this? Note: We do not have a regular theme park ticket for that day, just the special ticket. I was told in this thread that I could still book FP between the hours of 4 to 7.
It looks like @OurLaughingPlace had success:
Reporting back on my booking of FP+ experience on my party day. We are first time MNSSHP goers. We have 8 days of park hoppers which will be all used up by August 15th. We are doing the party on August 16th. I booked my fastpasses for my first 8 days of park tickets. Then I tried to book FP for my party day and it worked:-) I looked and all of my other fastpasses are there still for my 8 park ticket days. We booked 3:30pm Buzz, 4:30pm Space, 5:30pm Haunted Mansion on our party day. I will keep an eye to make sure Disney doesn't drop off any of my other FP bookings. Our plan is to get to park by 4:00, use our fastpasses and have a quick supper between 5:30-6:30 as we have the garden dessert party booked at night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter