"Official" 2019 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party: Oh-So-Jolly Holiday Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
We flew in last Friday morning & did the party that night (no park that day).
It was packed but, we managed to do what we wanted to. My group didn't have much interest in cookies but, we did get a couple. And no interest in meet/greets. We had FP before the party for Buzz, PPan, & BTMRR...also jumped on IASM. After the party started, we found 7DMT at 30 min wait so, we jumped in line. It actually only took 20 min!!! Also, rode Space....that was nice with the lights!!

We stopped at the beginning of the bridge to Liberty Sq to watch the ending of the stage show......and when that was over, the crowd started moving out so, we got front row (behind the taped off walking path) for Elsa to freeze the castle. There was a small child behind me so, I asked her parents if she could stand in front of me. They didn't speak English but, seemed to understand.... & boy, did I enjoyed watching her face the whole time!!! Priceless!! (I miss my kids being that age)

We did more walking around & taking in the feeling. It's so hard to remember the order we did things. I do know we didn't necessarily wait for good spots & ended up with decent ones. We watched Minnie's fireworks from close to Tink's line, a little to the side of the castle, almost even with the bridge to Tomorrowland (walked up maybe 15 min before)
We weren't going to watch parades but, after Minnie's fireworks, we were moving out with the crowd & found a spot on the curb empty so, claimed it fast (our feet were hurting, it was good to sit down...even though I had to stand over my group so they wouldn't get walked on..LOL, until the crowd died down). We sat through the parade so the people behind us could see.
We really enjoyed it!!!
At the end of the night, we were so hungry & decided to get something to eat at Casey's while the crowd thinned out. That was perfect!!! By the time we left, we were not in the stampede and the bus was there with no wait & seats!!

The 1 thing I can give advice on......when we entered the side path (around 4), I wanted to stop for pictures but, the lines were long and we had a FP to get to. So, we headed back around 7:45 & the photo spots had NO lines. I'm glad we waited & went back....didn't take 10 min to walk through & take the pics we wanted.

Even though it was really crowded at times, we had a great time. I did speak to some people, at the airport coming home, that had attended the Sunday night sold out party and they loved it. We all went in knowing what to expect and knowing we wouldn't do everything. I think that makes a huge difference. I will say, I planned & planned and then ended up not staying on course..LOL (things happen)

Hope everyone else has a great time at their party!!!

Trying to get my rough timings for the beginning of the evening worked out.
I have 3 x FPs before 6pm. After these, I plan to watch the 6:15pm Castle Lighting Show (don't need a perfect viewing spot but want to see it) I was then going to head to meet the ducks so I'm imagining a 6:45pm arrival?
Based on the above, what time do people think I may be finished with the ducks by? Is 7:15pm optimistic?
I wouldn’t expect you’d be done with the ducks until closer to 8 if you don’t arrive until 645. We lined up around 630 (with the intent to be there closer to 615) and waited over an hour. They spend a lot of time with their guests and the line moves painfully slow. Is going later in the night an option, like during or after the second parade?

I think it keeps a pretty consistent higher wait time during the party.

I think you should try for a FP between 5-6. The sun should be setting at this time. If you ride it closer to 6 it might be close to full dark.

If not, then you just get the great photography light of the golden hour.
We waited about 25 minutes during the party this past Sunday, Nov 24 (sold out party).

I wouldn’t expect you’d be done with the ducks until closer to 8 if you don’t arrive until 645. We lined up around 630 (with the intent to be there closer to 615) and waited over an hour. They spend a lot of time with their guests and the line moves painfully slow. Is going later in the night an option, like during or after the second parade?

Thanks. This is great info. I’m actually doing the ‘party’ at Tony’s Town Square later in the evening so will be tied up towards the end of the night.
It’s not a huge deal for me to meet them so I will probably skip it

Are the MK quick services and snack carts open as late as the party goes? I'm just worried someone is going to get hungry late lol. I am starting to get travel anxiety. We leave two weeks from today.

I was at the sold out 11/24 party with dh and 3 kids (16,13,10). We got our wristbands and entered around 2:15. MK was packed! But we expected this--this was our 3rd consecutive trip during this week but the first that offered a party (usually the previous Friday is the last one until after Thanksgiving). We had 3 fp--meet Mickey since it was on the way in, BTM, and Jingle Cruise. My kids don't get excited about characters and are all about rides. I really wanted the Jack and Sally pic. When we met Mickey, he was in regular outfit not holiday (my fault, I should have known). No biggie. We went to BTM and used FP. I wanted to go back to Jack and Sally line. Kids begrudgingly did this. When we got there, CM said it was a 2 hour wait at this point (it was around 3:40, and J&S were coming out at 4). She tried to convince me to use non-party time for the wait. It didn't matter--NO WAY were kids waiting when there were rides to be rode. I wasn't overly thrilled with sitting for 2 hours either, so we moved on. The first cookie station and some of the MVMCP pics were already happening along Main Street, so we did that--got some great family pics (waited less than 5 minutes). Went to last fp at Jingle Cruise and went to qs dinner at Pecos Bill. Used mobile order and we were in and out in no time. We did Pirates, HM, Small World, Pooh (maybe something else?) and never waited more than 10-15 minutes. We popped in and out of cookie places when we wanted. Our longest wait was Space Mountain--the line stretched so far back. I was willing to sit this one out since it physically beats me up, but kids were determined. I think it said 35 minutes--sorry, can't quite remember. We ended up waiting less than 30. It was really fun with the overlay! Did a few other rides and ended up at SDMT around the start of fireworks. We are never into fireworks or shows and generally use that time to take advantage of shorter lines. SDMT said wait was 40 minutes (I think). My youngest loves this ride, so we went for it. Wait was actually about 25-30 minutes.

We planned on watching the last parade and headed to front of Main Street to get a place with easy exit from park (we were SO tired by now). It was about 10:50 and I knew it would be awhile before the parade got down there. I convinced family to get pic with Christmas Mickey--we waited about 5 minutes. Then I said, let's just see how long Jack and Sally are since it's right here. We waited maybe 10-15 minutes--so glad I didn't wait hours before hand! J&S are such a great interaction--even my non-character loving kids enjoyed it. We popped out onto Main Street around 11:20ish. We found a great spot in back of some kids sitting--even if they stood up, we would be able to see over them. Parade was great and we made a quick exit for hotel.

Overall, we had a fantastic time. Yes, it was crowded. We all agreed that we prefer the after hours or Moonlight Magic events (of course, who doesn't prefer free events?).

Sorry if this was posted already (I only checked the front page and saw that it wasn’t showing there) but December 1 and 3 are both showing as sold out on Disney’s site.

I go every year first week of Dec and it usually does not sell out. I am thinking this upcoming week in is going to be a lot busier than the normal first week of Dec crowds.

Parties will be packed to capacity this week. Oh well, make the best of it everyone!!! Oh and dress warm, going to be chilly nights this week.

We went last year on a last minute whim (we had purchased tickets waaaaaaaaay in advance every other year) mostly because the weather was expected to be chilly and we were hoping it would keep the crowds away. Granted, it was not a sold-out party, but it was by far the best one we ever attended in terms of crowd levels. I would go on a colder night in a heartbeat and am actually hoping that the cold front sticks around until the 5th when we are considering going!

We went last year on a last minute whim (we had purchased tickets waaaaaaaaay in advance every other year) mostly because the weather was expected to be chilly and we were hoping it would keep the crowds away. Granted, it was not a sold-out party, but it was by far the best one we ever attended in terms of crowd levels. I would go on a colder night in a heartbeat and am actually hoping that the cold front sticks around until the 5th when we are considering going!
we went last Sunday night and it was COLD. Mid 50s during party with a wind. Still very crowded. It was sold out so people just bundled up and came to party since they already paid for it. But it was still better than when it is crowded and 95 degrees :)

Cast member event on Monday, plus hopefully ROTR will keep crowds down at MVMCP, especially Thursday and Friday.

I dont know about that. I think the complete opposite. Overflow from ROTR, (especially if it breaks down a lot) the fact that tomorrow is already sold out (which is very rare), BIG BIG DVC week this week. DVC sold out at the 11 month quicker than normal this year first week of Dec. Pop warner starts on Friday.

I think big crowds ALL week.

We went to the party on Sunday, Dec 1.
Had dinner at the The Wave then went to the Polynesian to pick up the Hat Box Ghost tiki mug. DH noticed our son was dressed like the shops mannequin :laughing:

Yep, Sold Out and a few Bypass photo opps.

The party did not seem crowded at all, plenty of room to move around some areas were slightly congested but wait times for rides were average 15-20 minutes. And the weather, beautiful!

If you have time, take a look see at the window displays at the Emporium? by the Fire Station. It features scenes from a Christmas Carol - Disney style!

Earlier weather reports indicated thunderstorms and rain starting around 11pm so we decided to watch the first parade in Frontierland at Pecos Bill. We sat on a ledge 30 minutes prior and noticed how quickly the opposite side filled in. About 2 deep prior to the parade. We were not planning on going to every treat stop because we booked Tony's dessert party but ended up with a nice stash. A couple of CM's were pushing a black cart full of cookies and other CM's were handing them out in hand fulls. :goodvibes

I honestly have to say Tony's Most Merriest Town Square Party was AMAZING! Food was hot, fresh and plentiful. Tony was a gracious host and very entertaining! We'd definitely give it 10 stars!

Fireworks were amazing!!! Heard Splash was down, rode BTMR many times with very little wait. Since we did not have any storms we just enjoyed the festive holiday ambiance. Shout out to CM Jordan who helped our son pick out a few Disney artwork, thanks again for your patience and great service!

456075 °O°

Last edited:
We saw a few people with this Alien Plaid PC bucket and was told it's available at HS. We did not see them at MK but we were not looking for them either. I did notice they still had some Haunted Mansion items from the Halloween collection at various carts.

We went to the party on Sunday, Dec 1.
Had dinner at the The Wave then went to the Polynesian to pick up the Hat Box Ghost tiki mug. DH noticed our son was dressed like the shops mannequin :laughing:

View attachment 456047

Yep, Sold Out and a few Bypass photo opps.
View attachment 456048

The party did not seem crowded at all, plenty of room to move around some areas were slightly congested but wait times for rides were average 15-20 minutes. And the weather, beautiful!

If you have time, take a look see at the window displays at the Emporium? by the Fire Station. It features scenes from a Christmas Carol - Disney style!
View attachment 456049

Earlier weather reports indicated thunderstorms and rain starting around 11pm so we decided to watch the first parade in Frontierland at Pecos Bill. We sat on a ledge 30 minutes prior and noticed how quickly the opposite side filled in. About 2 deep prior to the parade. We were not planning on going to every treat stop because we booked Tony's dessert party but ended up with a nice stash. A couple of CM's were pushing a black cart full of cookies and other CM's were handing them out in hand fulls. :goodvibes

View attachment 456073

I honestly have to say Tony's Most Merriest Town Square Party was AMAZING! Food was hot, fresh and plentiful. Tony was a gracious host and very entertaining! We'd definitely give it 10 stars!
View attachment 456074

Fireworks were amazing!!! Heard Splash was down, rode BTMR many times with very little wait. Since we did not have any storms we just enjoyed the festive holiday ambiance. Shout out to CM Jordan who helped our son pick out a few Disney artwork, thanks again for your patience and great service!

View attachment 456075 °O°
I love your pictures! Where did you watch the fireworks from? Also, where do you get the Go-Go Squeeze at?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!