"Official" 2019 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party: Oh-So-Jolly Holiday Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is slightly off topic...we attended our first MVMCP on Nov 24. We had a wonderful time. I am already starting to plan a short trip over Thanksgiving next year while we are in central Florida visiting family. If we choose to go to a park other than MK for a Christmas “experience”, which park would you recommend?

Side note: we are taking a 9 day trip in July and visiting all of the parks. I am trying to convince my DH that we need to upgrade our tickets to APs 😊. If I am not successful, we would be purchasing either a one day park ticket, or attending MVMCP again.

Thoughts on other parks that we may be interested in visiting that time of year to see it transformed for Christmas?

This is slightly off topic...we attended our first MVMCP on Nov 24. We had a wonderful time. I am already starting to plan a short trip over Thanksgiving next year while we are in central Florida visiting family. If we choose to go to a park other than MK for a Christmas “experience”, which park would you recommend?

Side note: we are taking a 9 day trip in July and visiting all of the parks. I am trying to convince my DH that we need to upgrade our tickets to APs 😊. If I am not successful, we would be purchasing either a one day park ticket, or attending MVMCP again.

Thoughts on other parks that we may be interested in visiting that time of year to see it transformed for Christmas?
As long as you will be around after Thanksgiving, my vote would be Epcot for Festival of the Holidays. If you’ll be gone before that starts, then HS. The new holiday stuff at AK this year was cool, but not overly Christmas-y IMO.

As long as you will be around after Thanksgiving, my vote would be Epcot for Festival of the Holidays. If you’ll be gone before that starts, then HS. The new holiday stuff at AK this year was cool, but not overly Christmas-y IMO.
Thanks for the input! We would be there the week of Thanksgiving. Probably Sunday-Tuesday or Wednesday (if I get my way 😂). Does Epcot do the festival of the holidays the week of Thanksgiving?

We attended the December 6th sold out party and really really enjoyed it! Crowds were totally manageable and the smallest we had seen all week.
I was worried it was going to be a huge waste of money but it was definitely worth it even being sold out!

I'm just now catching up on everyone's recent party experiences and I'm surprised to see so many didn't enjoy the party on 12/8. I didn't even know it had sold out until the next day when I saw someone post because when we entered the park that morning they had a sign that said tickets were still for sale.

We had a great time. I only remember one time thinking, Woah, crowd! Otherwise, it was manageable. We did a bunch of rides, cookies, some snacks, shopping, and pictures with Mickey! We were standing in Tomorrowland entrance when Tinker Bell flew over our heads! Fireworks were great. We found a spot on Main Street about 50 minutes before the last parade and loved it. My only complaint would be how stinking hot it was in Space Mountain. It was terrible. And my sister's only complaint would be they were sold out of the jingle bell sipper. :)

I'm just now catching up on everyone's recent party experiences and I'm surprised to see so many didn't enjoy the party on 12/8. I didn't even know it had sold out until the next day when I saw someone post because when we entered the park that morning they had a sign that said tickets were still for sale.

We had a great time. I only remember one time thinking, Woah, crowd! Otherwise, it was manageable. We did a bunch of rides, cookies, some snacks, shopping, and pictures with Mickey! We were standing in Tomorrowland entrance when Tinker Bell flew over our heads! Fireworks were great. We found a spot on Main Street about 50 minutes before the last parade and loved it. My only complaint would be how stinking hot it was in Space Mountain. It was terrible. And my sister's only complaint would be they were sold out of the jingle bell sipper. :)

I think the the issue comes at the discrepancy between price and how much one can actually get done. People are paying more than a one day park admission for essentially shorter hours but crowds on par with a regular day. And with the higher price comes with it a general expectation of "exclusion" that should lower crowds and let everyone do everything. Having read all about the crowds, I knew that wasn't a realistic expectation. And I also think people put a lot of importance on main street views of the fireworks & parade, so they get stuck on the hub for the majority of the time during the party to ensure they have that view. Having the two parties and one extra per (dessert party one night and Tony's the other) IMO opinion really helped me to enjoy the party. I probably won't put too much emphasis on parades & fireworks the next time unless I'm with someone who really wants to watch them. That I'm talking about doing MVMCP again is a sign I had a great time and know what I can do and how to tour if I don't have those added costs. Ex: I learned not to go to Space Mountain right after fireworks because guess where everyone headed if they weren't leaving...🤣

Thanks for the input! We would be there the week of Thanksgiving. Probably Sunday-Tuesday or Wednesday (if I get my way 😂). Does Epcot do the festival of the holidays the week of Thanksgiving?
Candlelight Professional starts the day after Thanksgiving and usually that’s when FOTH starts as well. We were there Sat - Weds this year and missed it :( Though I think the year prior it started earlier so you might get lucky.....

hey does anyone know what time the Mickey Mouse meet & greet at the town center switches from their regular outfits to their christmas outfits? We snagged a last minute Mickey Mouse meet & greet fast pass for 5PM for our party date and were wondering if Mickey will be in his christmas outfit by then? Also does the Christmas Jack & Sally replace the Tinker Bell meet and greet and 1 point or do they have their own dedicated space in the town center? Thanks!
He starts meeting at 7pm. They close the line and then reopen it around 6:45pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts