"Official" 2019 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party: Oh-So-Jolly Holiday Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.

12/17 also wasn’t sold out before the weather debacle. Remember walking by the GR window and seeing it said tickets available.

We ended up canceling our MVMCP trip..
We were going to drive down last night and attend the party tonight. Then drive back Friday because we had another trip planned for the weekend for the Polar Express (too much!)
I surprised my son (age 7) when I picked him up from school for the start of Christmas break (note to self - never again!!)
I was already feeling stressed about Christmas, all the travel etc and wondering why I decided to do the 7 hour drive twice in 3 days.
My son did not seem excited when I told him. He doesn’t handle surprises well and I could tell he was exhausted.
Definitely didn’t help my enthusiasm for the trip.
About an hour into the drive he was whining about the drive so I pulled over and asked him calmly “do you just want to go home and not go to Disneyworld?” He started sobbing that yes he just wanted to go home. Poor boy...
I was partly relieved.

So we drove an hour home and I called Disney.
I had about $440 of Disney Visa rewards dollars in that trip for my hotel deposit and party tickets. To my surprise I got refunded back to my rewards card (for the hotel) and a gift card (for the party tickets).
Definitely nice Disney Magic that they refunded me when they definitely didn’t have to per policy.
Will put that money towards our April trip!!!

I’m sad not be going tonight but I think we made the right decision.

Curious to hear how the party is tonight.
Does it sound like they’re issuing rain check passes for people even if it’s now sold out?

I bet you will have an awesome time at AK DAH. We attended our first Christmas party on 12/13 and were extremely disappointed. The party was sold out and I knew to expect crowds but it was beyond packed. I felt like it was definitely on par with the crowds on crowded park days. We managed to have a good time but we felt it to be a very poor value for our group. We attended AK DAH the next night and it was FANTASTIC! Super low waits and no crowds. My family LOVED it.

The after hours parties are the way to go. It seems they've ruined these Christmas parties by overselling. Boo!

Glad to hear that Disney is doing something to refund guests. As far as giving guests the options to attend another party night, does that option include the sold out night? Just wondering because that could potentially be multiple other people coming to an already sold out party or significantly overbooked parties for Friday and Sunday, assuming multiple people opted to take on of the remaining party dates for this year?

I would not be cool with this if I were one of the unlucky people to have a ticket for that party. They are already getting to the point where they are too crowded. Imagine all the extra people on top of that?

We were at the party on Tuesday and it was a bit rough as we had grandparents in their mid-seventies with us. What is the special hotline they Disney set up? I have not received any notices of it.

I ended up throwing away the card they gave me because I opted to stand in line for guest services, but I would just try the main Disney reservation line if I were you. I heard a Disney CM telling folks in line at guest services that every phone line desk, park, and resort had been made aware that refunds/changing party dates/exchanging for a 1 day ticket is an option for all guests who attended the 12/17 party. (They were really trying to encourage guests to NOT wait in line and to call instead, but I was afraid I'd call and they would have no idea what I was talking about - lol). It would be worth a shot for you.

Curious if anyone knows if you get character interaction if you are up close for the parade in frontier land? I've only heard people talk about main street but I'd rather less croud than a castle shot with snoap 😋

Here tonight, weather is great. In line for space mountain... 35 min wait. It’s crowded but manageable if you have a plan. Done numerous rides already and only been here since 730. Our main goal was rides and cookies and we’ve accomplished both so far...

I wish I had known refund/ticket swap was an option before dropped the $$ on party tickets for a second night :( we ended up leaving at 8:30 Tuesday as my kids were both upset and wanted to go back home. Which meant waiting for the monorail back to the TTC, then the tram back to our car. We were so bummed to have a bad experience we voted for having a redo. We're not planning to do another trip while our kids are at home, so we wanted to have a better experience, but that unplanned almost $600 stung!

I wish I had known refund/ticket swap was an option before dropped the $$ on party tickets for a second night :( we ended up leaving at 8:30 Tuesday as my kids were both upset and wanted to go back home. Which meant waiting for the monorail back to the TTC, then the tram back to our car. We were so bummed to have a bad experience we voted for having a redo. We're not planning to do another trip while our kids are at home, so we wanted to have a better experience, but that unplanned almost $600 stung!

I wonder if you called guest services and explained the situation if they wouldn’t refund your tickets for the 2nd party? I don’t see why you should have to pay when everyone else was offered the tickets as comp.

I might just go to guest services tomorrow honestly, the party is tomorrow and we're still here!

Definitely go to guest services! They will definitely refund you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter