"Official" 2019 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party: Oh-So-Jolly Holiday Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
We *may* be attending the very first party. My group of 13 have put in our order form through Shades of Green ticket office but have not yet heard back from them at all (very frustrating) so hopefully it won't sell out. I've never done one of these parties so not sure of everything I need to be aware of. We will have one person in our group in an ECV who doesn't have the ability to stand or walk for long so not sure how the parade will work out with the group splitting up for that. I also didn't realize you could go in as early as 4:00PM. Do they publish that? And if the park closes at 6PM to regular guests how do they know that you can stay?

When you enter the park with a MVMCP ticket you will enter through a designated line (they have signs) and they will put a wristband on your wrist. The wristband = party ticket holder and is how CMs know you have party ticket and are allowed past 6.

For the parade, I use an ECV and have never used the designated ECV area to watch it. We just find a space that works. Ditto with fireworks. If they do want to use the designated area, just choose somewhere to meet up at afterwards the same as you would if e.g. some people weren't going on a ride.

SW

Ugh! Was so busy rebooking my resorts for the new discounts, missed this!

SO, pros, who has done both the fireworks dessert party and Tony's in the same night? (@Cluelyss I am looking at you :) )
I currently have both booked. DS7 has never been to MVMCP, and it's just the 2 of us this trip, but I want good views for both.
I assume it'll work if we save Tony's for the very end?

So I already booked a dessert party with fireworks viewing for our day at MVMCP, is the Tony's Most Merriest Town Square Party better?

So I already booked a dessert party with fireworks viewing for our day at MVMCP, is the Tony's Most Merriest Town Square Party better?
Well this is our first time to MVMCP, but we are veterans of MNSSHP. For us, back when the dessert party for the halloween parties included Parade Viewing....fantastic! Much better than fireworks viewing in our opinion. I love to watch the party fireworks from the middle of main street, looking straight on. Never had a problem with getting a great fireworks spot. Now parade viewing on the other hand, waiting sucks! You want a good spot, be prepared to wait and fight for it. We loved the dedicated parade viewing at MNSSHP, that of course isn't offered anymore with the dessert party. So seeing this Tony's MVMCP party include parade viewing, I didn't hesitate. I don't want to waste party time holding my spot on main street for the parade. And since it's our first MVMCP parade, I want a great spot. I'll get that plus extras with Tony's. It was a no brainer for me. Hope that helps.

I just booked it for my party date. I hate spending more money on an already ticketed event BUT the view seems amazing based on a video I’ve seen. Also, the fact that you don’t have to wait for a spot too far ahead and waste party time only to have someone who shows up late squeeze you out of it, is worth it to me!

SO, pros, who has done both the fireworks dessert party and Tony's in the same night? (@Cluelyss I am looking at you :) )
I currently have both booked. DS7 has never been to MVMCP, and it's just the 2 of us this trip, but I want good views for both.

How were you able to book both parties for same night? When I tried to do online it would not let me book both parties.

I wasn't sure when (or if) Tony's Most Merriest Town Square Party would sell out for Dec. 20. So, today was an expensive day. Booked our tickets for MVMCP & Tony's. Not camping out for a parade spot for hours is a beautiful thing. Sitting table side, watching crowds depart with a glass of wine to end my evening sounds amazing!!

We booked two parties for the reason you mentioned. We are doing characters one night and shows/rides the other night.

We do the same, it is the only way I can find the chance to do everything. I never understand how people get the chance to do rides and dining!

So excited to hear Tony's Most Merriest is back! We are so looking forward to doing it.

My husband is a bit annoyed it is an uncharge on an uncharge, and a en expensive one at another $99, but it looks amazing. And when it comes to the Mouse I find it hard to say no :crazy2:

So excited to meet Tony as well!!

Just want anyone that has not been to a party yet to be aware that for the second parade it is not that hard to find a viewing spot. If money is an issue you will find a great spot for the second parade and will not have to camp out for it. We usually do 2 parties and have walked up to that area with maybe 30 minutes to spare and found plenty of places to watch. You can also watch from Frontier Land with the same strategy.

The most bang for your buck is going to be the firework dessert party garden view.:santa:

So, we haven’t done both in one night....yet....but I think we are going to attempt it for MNSSHP and I’d be happy to report back!! My plan is to attend the fireworks party, snack there (the food at Tony’s last year left much to be desired) then after the fireworks head to Tony’s. Relax, maybe have a treat or two, then head to the parade viewing area around 11:15/11:30. (Now, for the Christmas parade, I’d want that straight on castle view with the dream lights in the background, so you’ll need to grab a parade spot much earlier if you want that. Last year, I held our center spot while hubby and kids continued to snack inside.) Then, after the parade, we’ll head back into Tony’s to relax while the crowds thin out. If you can come to terms with the fact that you are basically just paying for the view at Tony’s, and can accomplish everything else you want to do at the party before the fireworks, you’ll be fine!

I’ll also mention that we’ve had problems finding a parade spot in previous years, even for the second parade. I also prefer watching the Christmas parade from Main Street, with the snow and dream lights, so Frontierland is not an option for me. For that reason, we found value in doing Tony’s last year to finally have a good view of the parade. We also usually do one of the last parties (if not THE last party) of the year, so I’m sure we’ve dealt with larger crowds than others, which has contributed to bad prior experiences.

So, we haven’t done both in one night....yet....but I think we are going to attempt it for MNSSHP and I’d be happy to report back!! My plan is to attend the fireworks party, snack there (the food at Tony’s last year left much to be desired) then after the fireworks head to Tony’s. Relax, maybe have a treat or two, then head to the parade viewing area around 11:15/11:30. (Now, for the Christmas parade, I’d want that straight on castle view with the dream lights in the background, so you’ll need to grab a parade spot much earlier if you want that. Last year, I held our center spot while hubby and kids continued to snack inside.) Then, after the parade, we’ll head back into Tony’s to relax while the crowds thin out. If you can come to terms with the fact that you are basically just paying for the view at Tony’s, and can accomplish everything else you want to do at the party before the fireworks, you’ll be fine!

I’ll also mention that we’ve had problems finding a parade spot in previous years, even for the second parade. I also prefer watching the Christmas parade from Main Street, with the snow and dream lights, so Frontierland is not an option for me. For that reason, we found value in doing Tony’s last year to finally have a good view of the parade. We also usually do one of the last parties (if not THE last party) of the year, so I’m sure we’ve dealt with larger crowds than others, which has contributed to bad prior experiences.

Thanks for the tips!!
I have only done 2 MVMCPs, but it was a looonng time ago. (I'm older and more forgetful :) )
With the new fireworks, I want a good view, and I want my son to see the parade without issues since it's his first time.
Now, he will probably be disappointed slightly, when he doesn't see gravediggers :teeth: (His FAV since we've done a few MNSSHPs)

I think I will do similar to your plan, and watch for your report from your MNSSHP experience. TY! :)

That's a good point about timing of the parties ours have been much earlier. To be honest we have never watched from Frontierland just going on the many reports and just walking by and seeing the empty spaces.

The parade time is different for the MNSSHP parade? The second parade starts at 11 for the MVMCP at least it did last year at our party.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter