"Official" 2019 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party: Oh-So-Jolly Holiday Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a good point about timing of the parties ours have been much earlier. To be honest we have never watched from Frontierland just going on the many reports and just walking by and seeing the empty spaces.

The parade time is different for the MNSSHP parade? The second parade starts at 11 for the MVMCP at least it did last year at our party.

Both descriptions for the Cruella's and Tony's state 11 pm parades.

I went with my younger kids last year to the Dec 2 party on a Sunday night. We watched the fireworks from Main Street and then immediately searched for a curbside spot for the 2nd parade. It was slim pickings. Plus I was afraid to get up or let my kiddos go use the bathroom, for fear of being crowded out of our spots. We've waited for parades in the past and switched out saving our seats. But not this time, it was packed! So we sat there the rest of the night waiting for the parade to start. I remember feeling frustrated with the time we were wasting just sitting there. This year, I booked the Tony's party. It's quite expensive, so I still don't know if I'll actually keep it. But I don't want to waste the end of our party time holding a spot for the parade. And we're going to the last party before Thanksgiving, so I imagine it'll be sold out. I know each party is different, but I wouldn't go into it assuming the 2nd parade will be empty. You might be very disappointed if you were hoping to just walk up and get a curbside seat.

Last edited:
Both descriptions for the Cruella's and Tony's state 11 pm parades.
I only asked because going out to the viewing area at 11:30 would be after the parade started even tho it takes a bit for the parade to get to that viewing area.

Just booked Tony's for one of our MVMCP nights! Watch a few YouTube videos, read a few articles. I think its a pretty good deal. Considering for a family of three, dinner will probably be around $50-$60 increasing what we would have spent to to about $250. is $250 worth drinks, dessert, and reserved parade viewing? After reading some of the comments about the parade crowds, I think it is.

I only asked because going out to the viewing area at 11:30 would be after the parade started even tho it takes a bit for the parade to get to that viewing area.
The parade starts in Frontierland and takes about 20 minutes to get to the flagpole.

My original timing was based on the MNSSHP parade, which has historically started at 11:15, so doesn’t get to the flagpole until close to 11:30. But now that I see the parade time has changed this year, I will definitely adjust my plan. But the point was to arrive just minutes before the parade goes to maximize time at Tony’s.

I went with my younger kids last year to the Dec 2 party on a Sunday night. We watched the fireworks from Main Street and then immediately searched for a curbside spot for the 2nd parade. It was slim pickings. Plus I was afraid to get up or let my kiddos go use the bathroom, for fear of being crowded out of our spots. We've waited for parades in the past and switched out saving our seats. But not this time, it was packed! So we sat there the rest of the night waiting for the parade to start. I remember feeling frustrated with the time we were wasting just sitting there. This year, I booked the Tony's party. It's quite expensive, so I still don't know if I'll actually keep it. But I don't want waste the end of our party time holding a spot for the parade. And we're going to the last party before Thanksgiving, so I imagine it'll be sold out. I know each party is different, but I wouldn't go into it assuming the 2nd parade will be empty. You might be very disappointed if you were hoping to just walk up and get a curbside seat.
Curbside on Mainstreet is a nightmare I think some people are camped out there even before the party starts. Party viewing is around the tree at the end of Mainstreet on the one side, wheelchair viewing has been on the other side in the past. I was talking about across the street around the circle. I wouldn't walk up anywhere last minute and expect to have a spot curbside even at the Tony's party you will need to be out there early and I don't see any of the MVMCP's as being empty in that area.

I just didn't want people to feel bad if it was too much of an expense to book the Tony's party there is parade viewing without sitting and waiting all night for the second parade.

Curbside on Mainstreet is a nightmare I think some people are camped out there even before the party starts. Party viewing is around the tree at the end of Mainstreet on the one side, wheelchair viewing has been on the other side in the past. I was talking about across the street around the circle. I wouldn't walk up anywhere last minute and expect to have a spot curbside even at the Tony's party you will need to be out there early and I don't see any of the MVMCP's as being empty in that area.

I just didn't want people to feel bad if it was too much of an expense to book the Tony's party there is parade viewing without sitting and waiting all night for the second parade.
I completely agree... I don't think anyone should feel like Tony's is a necessity. It's very expensive and we had great time last year without it! We sat further up the street closer to the castle, maybe half way up Main Street. It's definitely a crazy place. But I've read lots of reviews on several threads about the 2nd parade being much easier to get good spots, and that was not our experience. I was disappointed that it was so crowded. But overall we still loved the party and are going back this year. And I may ultimately decide that I don't want to fork over that much money for Tony's, and camp out after the fireworks like last year. I just wasn't expecting to do that last year, but I'll be prepared this year!

I completely agree... I don't think anyone should feel like Tony's is a necessity. It's very expensive and we had great time last year without it! We sat further up the street closer to the castle, maybe half way up Main Street. It's definitely a crazy place. But I've read lots of reviews on several threads about the 2nd parade being much easier to get good spots, and that was not our experience. I was disappointed that it was so crowded. But overall we still loved the party and are going back this year. And I may ultimately decide that I don't want to fork over that much money for Tony's, and camp out after the fireworks like last year. I just wasn't expecting to do that last year, but I'll be prepared this year!

That was great tho for your kids to be that far up and on the curb *making memories*, your a great Mom!! My son with special needs does not do crowds so I can totally relate to that he decided to stay on the porch at Tony's to watch the parade last year.

You can call, then can 2 reservations on same MDE account. This is what I do, then everything in same place.

Yes that’s what I did early today...when I tried calling yesterday I just got the “all circuits are busy” message. Is it likely that Tony’s will be packed after the parade with everyone waiting for crowds to leave the park?

Yes that’s what I did early today...when I tried calling yesterday I just got the “all circuits are busy” message. Is it likely that Tony’s will be packed after the parade with everyone waiting for crowds to leave the park?
There were actually very few people going this with us last year, I was honestly surprised! Though I’m sure it varies by night.

Anyone out there who has done MVMCP in the past with a member of your party in an ECV?

Anything special that we should know about ahead of time re navigating a party with an ECV (other than general advice on park touring with an ECV)?

I see on the 2018 party maps that there are handicapped viewing areas for both the parade and the fireworks. Questions on that:
  1. How early do you recommend getting to these areas? Do they fill up and close?
  2. How many family members do they allow to accompany the handicapped individual?
Thanks for any advice/input!

Anyone out there who has done MVMCP in the past with a member of your party in an ECV?

Anything special that we should know about ahead of time re navigating a party with an ECV (other than general advice on park touring with an ECV)?

I see on the 2018 party maps that there are handicapped viewing areas for both the parade and the fireworks. Questions on that:
  1. How early do you recommend getting to these areas? Do they fill up and close?
  2. How many family members do they allow to accompany the handicapped individual?

I;ve done the party multiple times with an ECV. The hardest part for navigating for me is Main Street because every time we tried to do it it was always packed with people. it is just a slow, awkward slog. On arriving, if they have the bypass to the right open, I would suggest using it just to avoid the Main Street crowd [and its hazards, like curbs, the rail tracks, etc].

I've actually never used the designated viewing areas so can't comment on that. We've always found somewhere to watch from that works, though.

SW

Reactions: KSL
So for Tony's viewing party, if I want to pay by gift card, I guess I have to call for reservation.
I did not see gift card option online and I have my budgeted money on them to keep it safe... Lol

Question for those that have gone in the past. Is it only on Main Street that it snows? Is that the reason to find a spot on Main st? If not what other areas would you recommend. I’ll be with 3 other adults.

The parade isn’t high on my list but would like to see it snow. But fireworks are a must.

We'll be doing the MVMCP for the first time this year and we will have an ECV user with us. I did ask the parade viewing question over on the Disabilities forum and someone linked me to some really great maps of the viewing area, but like you, I have no clue how fast they fill up.

Reactions: KSL
Hi - can anyone with MVMCP experience give me some insight on how the Dec 22 party experience (crowds, attraction waits, ??) might compare to Christmas Eve? We've been to WDW during Christmas multiple times and always like MK on Christmas Eve, crowds and all. This year we are planning only two park days, so party cost is about the same as a normal park ticket. We are DVC members, so will arrive at 2pm and use FP before the party begins. Staying until midnight is no problem with teenagers. The only party specific thing I see being a must do is the night time parade - most likely second parade in Frontierland - and I'm sure my kids will enjoy the "free" snacks if lines are not long. Maybe we'll take advantage of other entertainment and character greetings, but mainly want to fit in our favorite attractions, which all seem to be open during the party. Our other park this trip will be DHS either Dec 22 or 24, and I don't know if one day will be better than the other to attempt to get into Galaxy's Edge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!