"Official" 2019 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party: Oh-So-Jolly Holiday Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
I CANNOT WAIT TO GO TO THIS PARTY! The amount I think about and plan for it is most likely unhealthy. I've never been to Disney for the holidays but Christmas is my favorite and so is Disney and I fear I might explode into a pile of candy canes and holiday cookies in the middle of Main Street. The end.
I love this ...and I totally understand! Lol 😊

I’m there for the last party too! I booked the garden party for the 20th and have Tony’s for 22nd. Expectations are low on the amount of things we’ll be able to do but I intend to fully enjoy every minute with my DH and 5 year old :)

I guess as long as I can try the Citrus Swirl, ride the Haunted Mansion, and get a good spot for the parade, I'd be satisfied. I can't see a way to do much of anything else. No characters, no treats, not on the 22nd. I can't imagine Jingle Cruise will have a wait under an hour.

The hardest part will be figuring out what to do at Epcot. I thought I was going to be at both parks from 12 to close, but this plan gives us a lot of unexpected time at Epcot and much less at MK. When in doubt, Living With the Land, I suppose. Might have a better chance at getting on Frozen too.

I believe it was just the Plaza Garden parties that weren’t bookable in December, Tomorrowland Terrace has been available booking (I’m somewhat sure). It wouldn’t surprise me if Tomorrowland Terrace is sold out - it has a very small guest count relative to its larger Plaza Garden brother and is sometimes quick to go.
I also wouldn’t be surprised if many who wanted garden booked terrace as a “backup” and may switch now that garden viewing is open. So keep checking if you’d prefer terrace, though the view will be better from the garden for sure!

Okay, so my mother is talking about doing the trip a full two weeks later, over the 21-23. If we wanted to do a Christmas Party we'd have to do the last one. That sounds... like a nightmare? That's gonna be the busiest party of the year, right?
It will be no different than any other sold out party. We’ve done the last party several times, and with a good plan it’s completely manageable. Narrow down your must do’s and have fun!!!!

Booked for 12/12. We're def going to the party that night, just not 100% we'll be doing the dessert party. But needed to jump on it before it sold out

I'll be staying at Universal, but bought a ticket for 11/14. Seriously considering Tony's Town Square Party, haven't bought yet, but I just did the Halloween Dessert Party, so this would be something different, and I'm not driving so no alcohol issues. The fact that it goes until 12:30 is a plus.

I saw a graphic Disney released as a promo for the new fireworks, can't remember where, but it LOOKED like there were projections on other big buildings in MK other than the castle. I'm sure the castle will have the best view for sure, but it sounds like Disney is trying to break up the congestion on Main St.

The hub congestion they created by starting to have so many projection based shows.....

If in my budget is it worth getting the Fireworks Dessert Party with the plaza garden viewing? We will have eaten a large afternoon lunch before the party. So this can be our "evening" snack :) Is the viewing area worth it (mainly is view good and the bonus of not having to find a spot so early worth the money? ) This will be for the November 24 party which is Sunday before Thanksgiving so I would imagine that party will very crowded if not sold out.

Fireworks timing?

I tried calling the Disney number but they have no idea. We have a California Grill reservation for the night and I know we can come back and watch the fireworks on the deck.

Same with us on december 3. I don’t want to lose party time but also don’t want to deal with the nightmare of the crowds with a new fireworks/projection show and 2 7-year-olds.

Fireworks timing?

I tried calling the Disney number but they have no idea. We have a California Grill reservation for the night and I know we can come back and watch the fireworks on the deck.
The schedule for the entertainment is not out yet but it should be around 10pm or 10:15pm

We’re booked for the 11/15 party! With regards to the one day memory maker, can we simply have our photos taken throughout the party and then at the end of the night purchase the $70 package via the MDE app? Thanks!! :)

Need an opinion on the dessert parties. Going with my brother and have tickets for the Dec 17th Xmas party. Debating on a dessert party. Never been to one and really only care about the desserts as we will be doing rides and things and not concerned about a good spot to see fireworks. We just want to enjoy yummy treats and the holiday atmosphere. If our main interest is the desserts, is it worth it for the money to eat what we want and then head out to do rides?

Need an opinion on the dessert parties. Going with my brother and have tickets for the Dec 17th Xmas party. Debating on a dessert party. Never been to one and really only care about the desserts as we will be doing rides and things and not concerned about a good spot to see fireworks. We just want to enjoy yummy treats and the holiday atmosphere. If our main interest is the desserts, is it worth it for the money to eat what we want and then head out to do rides?
I would have to say no, not worth it if you’re not staying for the fireworks. There are the free treats and you can also buy lots of yummy specialty Xmas party desserts all around the park that look delicious!

How does this plan look for the party on Nov. 24?

Arrive at 4:00
Peter Pan (3:30-4:30 FP+)
Space Mountain (4:30-5:30 FP+)
Mickey's Philharmagic
it's a small world (5:30-6:00 FP+)
A Frozen Holiday Wish (6:15)
Under the Sea: Journey of the Little Mermaid
Haunted Mansion
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Pirates of the Caribbean
Jungle (Jingle) Cruise
People Mover
Mad Tea Party
Holiday Wishes (10:00)
Dumbo
Christmas Parade (11:00)
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train

Our main focus is our favorite attractions and the three Christmas "attractions" I have noted in my plan. We will stop at some treat stations as well. Does this plan look doable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!