"Official" 2019 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party: Oh-So-Jolly Holiday Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn’t do it at the Halloween party, but I think I would have preferred it that way. Then we wouldn’t have had to wait (probably). Although my kids wouldn’t have wanted to leave lol! They love that show for some reason. I mean, I think it’s cute and all, but they love it 😊
It was really nice. We never had to wait to get in and people were constantly coming in and out so it wasn’t like you had to wait for a seat. I love the show! I’m pregnant right now so it’s about one of the only things I can do lol

thanks for the review! I did see it earlier and was glad to see someone really enjoy it! The only thing is that I’m paying 2 people who don’t drink which is what made me think about it again. Lol!

Was there surge pricing for Uber at that time. We plan to do the exact same thing and uber back to RPR.

There were three in our party and only one person (DH) drinks. We all thought it was worth it.
The only price increase we had was from MCO to RPR using Uber. I believe an article or link to an article was posted on the News Thread. For our party night, no and I did compare prices too, we also attended Disney Springs Tree Trail on another day. Drop off at Disney Springs vs Contemporary (party night) was a few bucks but by no means a "surge". Hope you have a great trip! :santa:

There were three in our party and only one person (DH) drinks. We all thought it was worth it.
The only price increase we had was from MCO to RPR using Uber. I believe an article or link to an article was posted on the News Thread. For our party night, no and I did compare prices too, we also attended Disney Springs Tree Trail on another day. Drop off at Disney Springs vs Contemporary (party night) was a few bucks but by no means a "surge". Hope you have a great trip! :santa:
Thanks so much for the review and info! So excited now!

I’m hoping Thursday’s weather changes 😕

Ours did! Weatherman said rain and thunder starting at 11pm ending at midnight for our party. That's why we watched the first parade and blew off Tony's viewing area completely. It actually rained a little after 2am but by then we were at RPR.
:tink:Wishing you lots of pixie dust!

Ours did! Weatherman said rain and thunder starting at 11pm ending at midnight for our party. That's why we watched the first parade and blew off Tony's viewing area completely. It actually rained a little after 2am but by then we were at RPR.
:tink:Wishing you lots of pixie dust!
Thanks! I’m hoping it turns out like yours!

I have been trying to find tickets to the sold out 12/22 party and so excited I found some today!!! I haven't been to MVMCP since 2000! Sounds like they are packing the parks for the parties now. What's a good strategy for rides? Do the lines for rides get shorter later in the night? Also as a DVC member I hear we can go in at 2pm- do they have the regular Happily Ever After show for day guests before the party starts?

I have been trying to find tickets to the sold out 12/22 party and so excited I found some today!!! I haven't been to MVMCP since 2000! Sounds like they are packing the parks for the parties now. What's a good strategy for rides? Do the lines for rides get shorter later in the night? Also as a DVC member I hear we can go in at 2pm- do they have the regular Happily Ever After show for day guests before the party starts?

Caveat: I did my first two parties this year, both sold out. I am by no means an expert, but this is what I've observed.

So IMO, the best strategy is to get a late FP between 5 & 6 for Jingle Cruise. Generally, go left to right through the park. Skip the fireworks and head into Space Mountain. It has a new overlay and that is drawing crowds. But a lot of people are waiting until after the fireworks to hit it. Alternatively you can wait until during the second parade as a lot of people will have left by then or will be watching.

Follow the wait times to the less crowded attractions as well if you don't mind a little zagging back and forth.

If there's any characters or shows you want to see, make sure to limit your expectations on what you can do. If just doing rides, I thought the ride lines were very manageable on both sold out nights. And no HEA fireworks. Just the later Christmas ones at 10.

At 12/8 party now. Sold out. Crowds are high. Space has been down for close to an hour. Waits are 15 to 40 min. Not my idea of an exclusive event.

This is probably why they now say "limited capacity". Really sucks that Space is down because I know that's a major draw with its overlay.

@CheapMom This is one of the things you'll have to be aware of. If a ride is down, be prepared to roll with the punches and pivot to a different item whether it's a different ride, treat station, rare characters, or shows.

It was running like a normal show, just with a Christmas theme. We just missed one cut off so had to wait through 2 shows- one out in the line and the second in the preshow area- yet was running at around half full for some reason. It was cute, my kids 6 and 9 loved it. I thought it was very similar to the regular
Show, just christmassed up. So if you like it normally you still will, if you don’t you probably will not.
Thank you!

I wonder why they changed it. I thought it worked pretty well how they did it at MNSSHP

Yeah, I was hoping they'd run it just like they did at MNSSHP. It was nice, because there was no waiting in line!

Just a sampling of times for some headliners at 10:40 pm tonight 12/8. Have done the xmas party around the 1st wk of Dec since 2012 and seen crowds progressively increase. But would not expect to see Pirates running consistently at 25 min. Should be a 5 min walk on.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-12-08-22-39-39.png
    Screenshot_2019-12-08-22-39-39.png
    133.2 KB · Views: 59
Any special advice if it rains? Looks like we may have a rainy evening on our date.
All I can say is dress accordingly and bring spare clothes. We got poured on at MVMCP about 2 yrs ago. Went on thunder mtn and it started to pour. To make things worse, the ride stopped short of the building and we were left in a downpour for 5-10 min. The rain did clear out most people, so we had the park to ourselves for the last half hr.

Generally wait times decrease as the night goes on, as many with small children will leave after the fireworks. This is also a good time to knock out any special characters you might want to meet. Wait times will also drop during the parades and fireworks, though I wouldn’t suggest missing those!

And yes, assuming you are a blue card DVC member, you can enter at 2 (far right tap style). Schedule your a FPs and plan to have dinner between 2 and 7 so you aren’t wasting party time eating.

Have fun!!

attended the 12/8 party. wasn’t especially pleased. felt SUPER crowded and waits felt long everywhere. park didn’t clear out AT ALL after first parade or the fireworks. honestly it felt a bit miserable and a bit of a waste. this is our third time doing MVMCP and honestly you’d be hard pressed to convince me to go again in the future. it felt like a special, exclusive event previously....this time it felt like a cattle call set to terrible christmas music on way too short of a loop (the songs with the small children singing are terrible! haha).

attended the 12/8 party. wasn’t especially pleased. felt SUPER crowded and waits felt long everywhere. park didn’t clear out AT ALL after first parade or the fireworks. honestly it felt a bit miserable and a bit of a waste. this is our third time doing MVMCP and honestly you’d be hard pressed to convince me to go again in the future. it felt like a special, exclusive event previously....this time it felt like a cattle call set to terrible christmas music on way too short of a loop (the songs with the small children singing are terrible! haha).
same

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!