Official 2019 Star Wars Rival Run Weekend

Hey Guys. Really considering doing the 5K just for fun. Can you walk it? Also do all Disney resorts offer transportation the morning of? Thanks!

Hey Guys. Really considering doing the 5K just for fun. Can you walk it? Also do all Disney resorts offer transportation the morning of? Thanks!

Officially, it requires a 16 minute pace (50 minutes to complete the race). My understanding is that they don't enforce that on the 5k runs, and the time limit is "be out of the park before it's getting ready to open" - about an hour and a half, probably, if you are one of the absolute last people to start. Note that the 5k is not chip-timed.

They should provide day-of transportation from every on-property resort.

Also, does anyone know if there is a discount for Disney Visa Cardmembers. I thought there used to be... Thanks again. =)

You can absolutely walk it - lots of folks do! Like has been said, the 5K is untimed, but if you're really lollygagging behind, they nicely encourage you to move along - BT/DT :) Yes, all WDW resorts provide transportation to the expo and races. DO IT! :darth:

I am trying to figure out my flight back. Does anyone who has run the half marathon before know if I would be able to return to my hotel, shower and make it for a 3.30pm flight in the afternoon?
thats not a problem. You will have plenty of time to make the flight. As PP said, getting a late checkout may be of benefit, but the vast majority of runners will be done and out of the finish area by 10:30 - 11:00.

Did my third training run with my son today and it went well. We also registered for our PoT 10k race on Dec 8th. It is a flat trail run, so should be perfect. So far he seems to enjoy his runs with me. I know that I am enjoying the extra time with him.

thats not a problem. You will have plenty of time to make the flight. As PP said, getting a late checkout may be of benefit, but the vast majority of runners will be done and out of the finish area by 10:30 - 11:00.
Thank you. I have gone ahead and booked my flight.

Hi there, does anyone know if it is possible to pick up a bib for a kid's race the morning of the event? The kids' 200m dash starts at 1130am on Saturday, and the expo opens at 930 that morning, so I'd assume I could pick up the bib beforehand since both are at the Wide World of Sports complex...but not sure.

This is going to be my 1st time signing up for the 5K..... I plan on walking and usually walk at an 18-19 min pace. Will I be ok if I don't stop for photos?

So I am booked for CBR for race weekend but would like to get opinions from others before I settle in on the decision. Has anyone stayed there for Dark Side Weekend in the past? I am booked in a standard view 5th sleeper room and would like some suggestions on which building to request as I have never stayed there before. I am not planning on visiting the parks and just staying for the races. I would like to be in a quieter building and not have to ride the bus multiple stops to leave the resort heading to the race start if possible. Please let me know your thoughts and if there is a better option out there. This year I stayed at POP in the 80s building near the computer pool and it was great (short walk to bus stop and quiet). I saw the room discount and that I could book CBR for the same price and jumped on it. Is it worth it?

What kind of outfits do they wear for the 5k? Is it more costumes or more running attire?
It’s a bit of both
For me last year at the 5K my ‘costume’ (Newsie/Han mash up) consisted of an athletic skort purchased at Kohl’s for my Wine and Dine 2016 Princess Ana look, technical tank also from kohl’s modified into a vest and a technical shirt from champion plus a few accessories..... my 10k look (Kylo Ren)was a technical top from JC Penny and a technical skort sewn at home as well as a costume headband

Ok guys, I need you to get me excited! We have cancelled our WDW Marathon trip and decided to run this challenge instead. It will be DD28 and I. She just got promoted to manager of her own Starbucks, so changing stores, plus just moved to a new house and doesn't have time to train for the Marathon. But we didn't want to give up a Disney race completely. We have already done Princess (not a fan) so we thought this was the perfect time to do Star Wars! We have wanted to do this one for a while anyway. But I'm a little bummed about missing marathon weekend so I need you guys to tell me how awesome this race is! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!