Official 2019 Star Wars Rival Run Weekend

How about this?
The-Vintage-Collection-Jar-Jar-Binks-Carbonite_Big_2.jpg

That's perfect. But it has to be made of solid lead to make it extremely heavy. And it should be 2 feet in length.

I just noticed that advance registration (for DVC and AP) begins this Thursday!

Now that runDisney handles their own registration, what time of day does it open? I think Active used to start at noon ET.

Now that runDisney handles their own registration, what time of day does it open? I think Active used to start at noon ET.

From the DVC website:
Register For an Event
Early registration begins at noon Eastern Time / 9 AM Pacific Time on the applicable early registration start date.

This was the case for Marathon weekend as well.

Yes, indeed, Early Registration for Rival Run Weekend begins at 12pm EDT Thursday, Aug. 23!
Early registration is open to Annual Passholders, DVC Members, and residents of Golden Oak. For full details, visit https://www.rundisney.com/star-wars-rival-run-weekend/, click on Registration, and then on Early Registration.

Reminder: registration is no longer done through Active. If you already have a My Disney Experience (MDE) account, use the same login ID and password to log in at runDisney.com, Manage My Account (on the top right.) I recommend doing this ahead of time to make sure all of your information is correct in there. If you do not already have an MDE account, you will need to create a profile at runDisney.com.

The new registration platform is similar to Active's: you'll be placed in a virtual queue, which will reload automatically, so don't refresh! The new system has so far proven to be glitchy in numerous ways, so be patient, expect delays and weirdnesses, and don't panic!

One new thing is how expected finish time and Proof of Time (PoT) are handled for the half-marathon/Challenge. Assuming Rival Run will be the same as the last two registrations, you'll be asked if you expect to finish the half in 2:45 or less, or more than 2:45. If you select 2:45 or less, you will not enter an expected finish time, but you will be asked to enter all of your PoT details. Those details will be used by rD to determine your expected finish time, so only do this if you know your PoT results in a half time of 2:45 or less! (More details on that can be found in this thread.) If you select more than 2:45, you will then need to choose a time spread from a drop-down box - if it's the same as others, the choices will be 2:46-3:00, 3:01-3:15, or 3:16-3:30.

Hope this helps, and may the Force be with you!

I haven’t registered using the new system but I’m assuming you can edit PoT with race details at a later time? Thanks and sorry for the silly question!

I haven’t registered using the new system but I’m assuming you can edit PoT with race details at a later time? Thanks and sorry for the silly question!
Not silly at all! And yes, you can update PoT later. One caveat: if you choose "2:45 or less", you HAVE to enter PoT info to continue the registration. So if you don't have it yet, or don't want to enter it during registration, you must choose the "2:46 or more" option. Later, you can edit and change it to "2:45 or less" and then enter the PoT details.

Not silly at all! And yes, you can update PoT later. One caveat: if you choose "2:45 or less", you HAVE to enter PoT info to continue the registration. So if you don't have it yet, or don't want to enter it during registration, you must choose the "2:46 or more" option. Later, you can edit and change it to "2:45 or less" and then enter the PoT details.

Thanks for the quick answer! I kind of that the new requirement of entering the PoT race at registration time.

This may have been answered previously so I apologize in advance, but if you register for a race (10k), then are unable to attend, are you able to get your money back and open the spot for someone else to register? Or once you are registered, there is no going back?

This may have been answered previously so I apologize in advance, but if you register for a race (10k), then are unable to attend, are you able to get your money back and open the spot for someone else to register? Or once you are registered, there is no going back?
There is no going back

I am debating whether or not I want to sign up. I think I am going to play the wait and see card with this race weekend. Instead of signing up right away I might hold off and sign up later if its still available.

My youngest son wants to run this - only the half. Since that will likely not sell out for months, we will wait and register when we are more certain that he is willing to train for it.

My dilemma is that I'm going to Disney World in 2 weeks and just started running after seeing the Star Wars Medals while doing research for my current trip. I'm at a little over 2 miles, 3 times a week, right now and was hoping to do the 10k possibly. Looks like the hotels are filling up fast and everything is very expensive. So 1. Should I spend/will I have all this money just for a possible race in 7 months, and 2. Will I even be able to do 10k at that point. I'm not a good runner (12 min/mile).

runDinsey is very clear: no refunds, no transfers, no nothing. Unfortunate, but true.

I am debating whether or not I want to sign up.
Doooooooo iiiiiiiiiiiiit. If you only knew the power of the Dark Side... ;)

My dilemma is that I'm going to Disney World in 2 weeks and just started running after seeing the Star Wars Medals while doing research for my current trip. I'm at a little over 2 miles, 3 times a week, right now and was hoping to do the 10k possibly. Looks like the hotels are filling up fast and everything is very expensive. So 1. Should I spend/will I have all this money just for a possible race in 7 months, and 2. Will I even be able to do 10k at that point. I'm not a good runner (12 min/mile).
1. Maybe - we're a bunch of enablers around her,e so we can probably talk you into parting with your money, lol!
2. A 12:00 mile is faster than lots of us - nothing to worry about there at all! And if you're already at 2 miles, it won't take long to build to 6+. Maybe take a look at a 10K training plan and see how many weeks it uses?

may the force be with all who are going for it thursday or tuesday....I had a blast last year and was really intrigued with the slight theme change but my friend who got me to this weekend last year can't run due to going to celebration the week before and can't take two weekends off for vacations and I can't justify all the costs going solo

Will I even be able to do 10k at that point. I'm not a good runner (12 min/mile).
I've been running for a while and 12 min/mile is about what I average (I do intervals). There are training plans on the runDisney site for each race. I'm starting training for the challenge in December following that plan so I'm sure you'll have plenty of time to prep for a 10K! I say go for it!

I've been stalking this thread but thought I'd officially announce (if anyone cares) that I'm planning to join the 10k race! Doing a Disney race AT Disney (not just virtual!) is on my bucket list and we were already planning a trip for the the first two weeks of April 2019 anyway (for the Flower & Garden show). I LOVE Star Wars so when I found out that we were already going to be there over the Star Wars race weekend, it felt like a sign from the universe! LOL I'm a 5k interval walker but have a plan for building up to 10k and am super excited to register on Tuesday. Thanks for this thread that's been keeping my excitement up!

The website for DVC says noon eastern. But do you register on the RunDisney website or DVC member services?

I've been stalking this thread but thought I'd officially announce (if anyone cares) that I'm planning to join the 10k race! Doing a Disney race AT Disney (not just virtual!) is on my bucket list and we were already planning a trip for the the first two weeks of April 2019 anyway (for the Flower & Garden show). I LOVE Star Wars so when I found out that we were already going to be there over the Star Wars race weekend, it felt like a sign from the universe! LOL I'm a 5k interval walker but have a plan for building up to 10k and am super excited to register on Tuesday. Thanks for this thread that's been keeping my excitement up!

Good for you -- DH and I are doing the 5k. A Disney race is on my bucket list too!

You're golden! You're plenty fast enough, and you've got loads of time to build up for a 10k. (You've got time for more, to be honest.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter