OFFICIAL 2020 Free Dining WATCH Thread - FREE DINING No Longer Available. First Post Updated with Details

I’d recommend POFQ if there is still availability.

My second choice would be POR, but only in a preferred room, and that can really drive up the price per night.

Third choice would be Coronado over CBR. I just prefer the Mexican/Spanish theming. But if you’re interested in the skyliner, choose CBR.
We loved POFQ. We prefer it to some of the deluxe resorts.

May I ask why? We have a room booked for 3 nights (we are doing a split stay) so wondering if I should change now?

The big reasons are they are more expensive than the other rooms and they only have full sized beds. They are far from the main lobby, food court and main pool. They are close to the skyliner and their own quick service but the full beds is a deal breaker for me given the cost.

The big reasons are they are more expensive than the other rooms and they only have full sized beds. They are far from the main lobby, food court and main pool. They are close to the skyliner and their own quick service but the full beds is a deal breaker for me given the cost.
Thanks! We are doing a split stay...that actually sounds perfect because I don't want my husband to get too comfortable there...I need him to like the poly better :rotfl:.

Thanks! We are doing a split stay...that actually sounds perfect because I don't want my husband to get too comfortable there...I need him to like the poly better :rotfl:.

😂😂

You’ll be fine then. We are doing the opposite on our next trip. We’ve stayed at CBR before and my husband loves it. Next trip we are staying at the Poly and he better like it more. CBR is actually a lovely resort. Very relaxing but I just like the regular rooms and to be in the middle of the action.

I booked free dining at All Star Music for July. Now we are considering calling to try to change to a moderate, while still keeping free dining if available. Which would you recommend? We’ve stayed at Coronado, Caribbean, and POR, but not in a long time, and most have changed since.
If you haven’t already, I would recommend calling to see what options (if any) there are to move your reservation. Future Stay number is 1-407-939-1923.

Unless you have a ‘change’ button where you are seeing availability at the resorts you mentioned, there is no guarantee that you can move locations. I would recommend calling if the change button is not there for you.

If you haven’t already, I would recommend calling to see what options (if any) there are to move your reservation. Future Stay number is 1-407-939-1923.

Unless you have a ‘change’ button where you are seeing availability at the resorts you mentioned, there is no guarantee that you can move locations. I would recommend calling if the change button is not there for you.
I haven’t decided if we will change yet. When I do though, I will just call that number. I’d be afraid of messing it up and losing free dining. Thanks for the info everyone!

Last year free dining for December was released July 16th. From what I remember there was no knowledge about it ahead of time. You can check this thread. Someone will report it if and when it becomes available.
We had free dining in 2018 and it was for the last week in September. In that year, they announced it in April. I noticed last year was totally different. I’m really hoping they will announce it in April again for that same time period. We are planning on going this year for the last week in September.

We had free dining in 2018 and it was for the last week in September. In that year, they announced it in April. I noticed last year was totally different. I’m really hoping they will announce it in April again for that same time period. We are planning on going this year for the last week in September.
I’m expecting/hoping it to be announced in April, too. Last year was weird because even Disney didn’t know how busy Galaxy’s Edge would be.

Same here. Booked September 26. Never been for food and wine. Never had free dining. I just hope POR is included if it happens.

I'm anxious to see the changes and the next promom. I think everything will be out Thursday. Hopefully something good drops.

I have been having a slight feeling too with the rumor of the new dining plan hitting than day plus the other discounts ending there could be a chance. Fingers crossed. If not likely won’t be until April again.

Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party dates and tickets officially dropped this morning.

I don't know how that timing might play in to anything else going on in terms of discounts and promotions. However, it seems to me that for people to start booking fall trips for the Halloween party, they likely are going to be looking for discounts for that time frame. So who knows?

Last year the second round of free dining wasn’t released until July 16th. It covered the end of summer through December - minus the entire month of October and some other random blackouts.

I do agree that we could/will see a free dining promo drop when they announce the dining plan changes, but after the very limited window offered with free dining on the January release - it could be another short window allowing them to assess how it’s working out before committing to it long term.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter