OFFICIAL 2020 Free Dining WATCH Thread - FREE DINING No Longer Available. First Post Updated with Details

There was a New Dining Plan option introduced today.

It's called 'Disney Dining Plan Plus' and falls between the DDP and the DXDP.

Basically, it is identical to the DDP except that each day has 2 Meals/person that can be used for any combination of Quick Service or Table Service, including Character Dining.

If I've done my calculations correctly the prices for 2020 Dining Plans are now as follows:

Adult
Child
Disney Quick Service Dining Plan
$55.00​
$26.00​
Disney Dining Plan
$78.01​
$30.51​
Disney Dining Plan Plus
$94.61​
$35.01​
Disney Deluxe Dining Plan
$119.00​
$47.50​
Please check prices as these calculations are not official.

Hopefully we will see more offers released soon but until then, this is something new we can digest. :rolleyes1
Any word yet on if we can call and change our current free dining from the ddp to ddpp ? From what I'm seeing it's only 16 more per adult and 5 for kids - which for us would absolutely be worth it. Kind of 'fixes' the issue I have with the qs kids meals options. We could just do all table service.

I'm trying to look around and play with dates and everything for booking in November is screwed up, so I'm hoping that means they are about to drop something. The site is very laggy, and no availability which makes me think they are setting it up for some new discounts for the fall!

Any word yet on if we can call and change our current free dining from the ddp to ddpp ? From what I'm seeing it's only 16 more per adult and 5 for kids - which for us would absolutely be worth it. Kind of 'fixes' the issue I have with the qs kids meals options. We could just do all table service.
I could online (I didn't, but the option was there.)

I'm trying to look around and play with dates and everything for booking in November is screwed up, so I'm hoping that means they are about to drop something. The site is very laggy, and no availability which makes me think they are setting it up for some new discounts for the fall!
This morning from like 5am-7am I couldn't get anything to load either. I kept getting the 7 Dwarfs and it said they were working on the site. Then the new dining plan and the summer fun discount showed up, but I was hoping for some fall discounts, too!

With this being an election year, and the stock being really volitle and with that beer virus going around. I would give it some time for Disney to watch the numbers game for cancellations.

Beer virus 😂😂😂😂

Yes the stocks took a giant poop, their cruise line is gonna take a major hit, too. I plan to capitalize on the down market and the potential savings. I'm a local (but just over the state line so I don't get those FL discounts).

I'm DVC so I get a good amount of discounts. So I am watching prices too as I want to do a standard dining one time. Just once.

There was a New Dining Plan option introduced today.

It's called 'Disney Dining Plan Plus' and falls between the DDP and the DXDP.

Basically, it is identical to the DDP except that each day has 2 Meals/person that can be used for any combination of Quick Service or Table Service, including Character Dining.

If I've done my calculations correctly the prices for 2020 Dining Plans are now as follows:

Adult
Child
Disney Quick Service Dining Plan
$55.00​
$26.00​
Disney Dining Plan
$78.01​
$30.51​
Disney Dining Plan Plus
$94.61​
$35.01​
Disney Deluxe Dining Plan
$119.00​
$47.50​
Please check prices as these calculations are not official.

Hopefully we will see more offers released soon but until then, this is something new we can digest. :rolleyes1
It would be tempting to try the plus and max out those TS restaurants, but the cost in tips would be a killer.

It may work for you if your kids don’t like the WS options but when you count in tips you may find it worth paying oop for your children occasionally rather than upgrading to the DDP+

Exactly. I was going to do QS with my brother and then upgrade. But once we started adding tips to it, OOP and staying DVC was more cost effective and we wouldn't be forced to get the most expensive thing to make it worth the cost.
Yeah. I love quick service free dining. But I’d never pay for it, and I would never pay the difference to upgrade to regular TS with my family of four. It would cost $96 per day to do this. There are so many good counter service places. We never get bored with counter service.

Yeah. I love quick service free dining. But I’d never pay for it, and I would never pay the difference to upgrade to regular TS with my family of four. It would cost $96 per day to do this. There are so many good counter service places. We never get bored with counter service.
And with the breakfast at BOG going up and same with the new American QS at Epcot. Really makes it a good deal.

Be aware room rates went in the last week or so. I found out the hard way. Adding QS dining to my mod increased the package by $175 more than the price of the dining on a six night trip. That’s almost Alf the price of one of our QS meal plans.

People adding dining or changing their dining packages to get the new tier is going to increase Disney’s profits for rooms already booked now that they raised the per night room rates across the board....

Yes. Rates are only locked in only if you make no changes. Once you change anything, you pay any new rates for hotel, tickets or dining.
So if free dining comes out for my already booked dates (I have already booked the DDP and am staying at a moderate resort), if I want to upgrade from the free quick service and keep the DDP plan, I will pay the current price for room, ticket and dining? I figured I’d pay the difference for dining (QS AND DDP) and thats it. Talk about a money grab. I may have to rethink this whole thing.

Can you add the Water Park and Sports Option, instead of Park Hopper when booking a free dining package?

So if free dining comes out for my already booked dates (I have already booked the DDP and am staying at a moderate resort), if I want to upgrade from the free quick service and keep the DDP plan, I will pay the current price for room, ticket and dining? I figured I’d pay the difference for dining (QS AND DDP) and thats it. Talk about a money grab. I may have to rethink this whole thing.

Right, you’d have to pay the current price for everything. That’s part of why booking ahead hoping to apply a promo isn’t always the best idea.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!