OFFICIAL 2020 Free Dining WATCH Thread - FREE DINING No Longer Available. First Post Updated with Details

So with all the insanity that is going on right now I was able to find a standard FD room at CBR like I originally wanted. I modified my reservation from POFQ to CBR. Now I’m just praying that all of this is over by September and we can take this trip! Anyone else nervous about their plans?
I did the same thing! And I was able to add the extra day I wanted. Now just crossing my fingers that things are back to normal by then.

For those who had to cancel their trip due to Coronavirus, this might be a bright spot for you! Great options as any ticket can be purchased (does not need Park Hopper) and also Free Dining includes the Disney Dining Plan for all resort categories.

https://www.kennythepirate.com/2020/03/28/special-free-dining-offer-for-guests-affected-by-closure/
We rescheduled our free dining bounce back offer just this week and pushed it back to July. Now I'm not so sure if I even want to try that being Disney is trying to cram the parks as much as they can. Now I feel like our free dining package we had no longer holds the value as before. May just cancel for this year altogether and wait till 2021.

We rescheduled our free dining bounce back offer just this week and pushed it back to July. Now I'm not so sure if I even want to try that being Disney is trying to cram the parks as much as they can. Now I feel like our free dining package we had no longer holds the value as before. May just cancel for this year altogether and wait till 2021.
Yes, they want to/need to lure people in, but that doesn’t mean everyone who has cancelled will take advantage of this. I really think it will be much more crowded next year. Some people are just done with travel this year, no matter what the offer is.

Yes, they want to/need to lure people in, but that doesn’t mean everyone who has cancelled will take advantage of this. I really think it will be much more crowded next year. Some people are just done with travel this year, no matter what the offer is.
Yeah, I'm slowly deciding that we may skip this year all together too. Free food is not worth being scared to be packed in like they so desperately need.

I have no idea what we're going to do. We have a FD BB booked for September but will be shocked if it happens.

Depending on when things start to reopen and how it's going, might branch out and try a Disneyland trip earlier in 2021 (if it's safe) and go back to WDW in Sep 2021 for our annual trip.

Really no way to tell right now.

What is the end date for this? Has it been aRely extended?
Unfortunately as the title says, this offer is no longer available.

The only free dining offer available right now is for people who had trips booked that have been cancelled due to the park closures.

I have no idea what we're going to do. We have a FD BB booked for September but will be shocked if it happens.

Depending on when things start to reopen and how it's going, might branch out and try a Disneyland trip earlier in 2021 (if it's safe) and go back to WDW in Sep 2021 for our annual trip.

Really no way to tell right now.
It might happen, and but it might be different then what we are used to. They should be starting phase one in June or July. I understand locals and people who already have reservations are included in phase one. I hope to be phase two. I have a reservation in Jan. I had one for Dec but moved it back. Wanted to avoid the holiday crowds.

It seems so hard to think of even what a 'new normal' will look like. I haven't left my home except to go for walks and pick up a couple of online grocery orders in the past 7 weeks. It seems hard for me to believe given that cases are still growing at such a rate each day that Disney will be ready to open in a little more than 4 weeks. I can't see what will change in that amount of time to suddenly make people feel like it's 'safe' to start being around a lot of people.

I can see smaller, slower openings but lets be honest, Disney and smaller crowds never go together in my mind.

But, that's just me and I'm erring on the side of caution in all of this.

Hello All,

Anybody think that if WDW does not open on June 1st and it opens on the 4th of July that Disney would extend the free dining promotion past September 30th? We have a reservation for October 22nd. Would be great if they did to cover the month of October.

Hello All,

Anybody think that if WDW does not open on June 1st and it opens on the 4th of July that Disney would extend the free dining promotion past September 30th? We have a reservation for October 22nd. Would be great if they did to cover the month of October.

They seem to only be offering guests who have to rebook a 25% room only incentive
Which anyone can book, not just guests with existing bookings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!