Official 2020 HHN Thread - 30 Years of Scares

Can you post a link or point us to the post you copied above so we can enlarge the photos please?

of course now I cant find it again 😔 It was in the UOAP FB group, but was just shared as a screen grab there actually I believe.

I did find these though, the gentleman said it took about 20 minutes to do the walk to get all the stamps and that there were multiple treat options at the end.

Today was the last day of our 2 week trip to Florida and our flight home is at 4 pm. Once we heard about the test weekend for houses, we knew we had to try to go!

We were in line at Studios this morning just before 8 am and were lucky to be directed over to the side entrance where we were the 5th group in line to enter.

They ended up letting us in the park at approximately 8:48 and we headed straight to the Bride of Frankenstein and were able to walk into a standby line! They let a certain number of people in (25% is the number I saw on social media) and then closed it to be virtual line only. Virtual lines went live at about 9:03 and we were both able to reserve tooth fairy from 9:30-10 am and then made one for bride from 11:40-12:10.

We got into bride at 9:12 and then went and used both our passes to go through tooth fairy twice. Ended up giving away our pass for bride because we didn’t wanna cut it too close to leaving.

The line for the tribute store was massive, glad we went through it earlier in the trip. Did the HHN backdrops at the Dark Room which were fun, completed the scarecrow hunt which was quick and easy and free candy! Then had pizza fries before leaving.

Some thoughts/ observations:

1. The group in front of us at tooth fairy only had a virtual pass for 1 person and were told it didn’t matter how many people you made it for, their whole group could go in.

2. the virtual passes aren’t linked to tickets so each person in your party with the Universal app can make a separate reservation. It was great for us to be able to go through tooth fairy twice that way but surprising that it would work that way.

3.I thought I’d like bride better but tooth fairy was way scarier to me!

4. Virtual line times became available sporadically throughout the day so all isn’t lost if you can’t get one right at park opening.

5. parks closed to capacity at just about 11 am.

overall, we had a great morning and it was nice to get a taste of HHN even though it wasn’t the same as the full event! I liked going through the houses socially distanced better than the constant stream of people. Going in just with your group gave more opportunities for scares. TMs in the houses stopped you if the group ahead of you slowed down/ you sped up and got too close. Bride gave us a glow stick to differentiate each group, tooth fairy did not.

I hope everything goes well for this test weekend and they’re able to continue it for the season! We won’t be able to come back until next year since I’m 28 weeks pregnant but hopefully for others it will go on!

Today was the last day of our 2 week trip to Florida and our flight home is at 4 pm. Once we heard about the test weekend for houses, we knew we had to try to go!

We were in line at Studios this morning just before 8 am and were lucky to be directed over to the side entrance where we were the 5th group in line to enter.

They ended up letting us in the park at approximately 8:48 and we headed straight to the Bride of Frankenstein and were able to walk into a standby line! They let a certain number of people in (25% is the number I saw on social media) and then closed it to be virtual line only. Virtual lines went live at about 9:03 and we were both able to reserve tooth fairy from 9:30-10 am and then made one for bride from 11:40-12:10.

We got into bride at 9:12 and then went and used both our passes to go through tooth fairy twice. Ended up giving away our pass for bride because we didn’t wanna cut it too close to leaving.

The line for the tribute store was massive, glad we went through it earlier in the trip. Did the HHN backdrops at the Dark Room which were fun, completed the scarecrow hunt which was quick and easy and free candy! Then had pizza fries before leaving.

Some thoughts/ observations:

1. The group in front of us at tooth fairy only had a virtual pass for 1 person and were told it didn’t matter how many people you made it for, their whole group could go in.

2. the virtual passes aren’t linked to tickets so each person in your party with the Universal app can make a separate reservation. It was great for us to be able to go through tooth fairy twice that way but surprising that it would work that way.

3.I thought I’d like bride better but tooth fairy was way scarier to me!

4. Virtual line times became available sporadically throughout the day so all isn’t lost if you can’t get one right at park opening.

5. parks closed to capacity at just about 11 am.

overall, we had a great morning and it was nice to get a taste of HHN even though it wasn’t the same as the full event! I liked going through the houses socially distanced better than the constant stream of people. Going in just with your group gave more opportunities for scares. TMs in the houses stopped you if the group ahead of you slowed down/ you sped up and got too close. Bride gave us a glow stick to differentiate each group, tooth fairy did not.

I hope everything goes well for this test weekend and they’re able to continue it for the season! We won’t be able to come back until next year since I’m 28 weeks pregnant but hopefully for others it will go on!

Great information! Thank you so much for sharing! And yay for a baby!

I'm simultaneously happy and excited for those that can partake in the houses and bummed/jealous that we cannot this year. I really hope USO does official walkthrough videos, with all scares, and publishes them for all of us that cannot attend this year. I really need to convince our bosses that we can telecommute from Orlando and not have to worry about it going forward. :-)

Wow - so watched one vlogger who got their for open and their VL was for 5PM - sounds like VL was full pretty early in the day
This is going to be crazy - I'm very tempted to go down for a night - but Im going jus have to keep an eye on it.

Wow - so watched one vlogger who got their for open and their VL was for 5PM - sounds like VL was full pretty early in the day
This is going to be crazy - I'm very tempted to go down for a night - but Im going jus have to keep an eye on it.

i know it’s a test weekend so everything is subject to change but yesterday they released virtual line times throughout the day, not just first thing at opening.

i know it’s a test weekend so everything is subject to change but yesterday they released virtual line times throughout the day, not just first thing at opening.
Thanks for the info - I assumed if you got one for 5PM at 9AM that was all of them - ill be watching closely no doubt. IF they go to four houses I would probably be willing to go for a weekend.

I did both the houses on virtual line today (Sunday) around noon and they weren't doing the glow stick thing then. I was solo and just kept my distance and the house attendants would stop people occasionally but not for every room. I feel like I didn't get great runs (granted I don't scare easily anyway I just like to look at everything) because of how things were pulsed but it was still nice to be back in a house. I only waited in line for about 10 minutes for each house but the weather was terrible so that may have affected it.

Side note: The houses were listed as "at capacity" pretty early in the day. I got rained out so I don't know if they ever opened up more reservations or for standby.

I did both the houses on virtual line today (Sunday) around noon and they weren't doing the glow stick thing then. I was solo and just kept my distance and the house attendants would stop people occasionally but not for every room. I feel like I didn't get great runs (granted I don't scare easily anyway I just like to look at everything) because of how things were pulsed but it was still nice to be back in a house. I only waited in line for about 10 minutes for each house but the weather was terrible so that may have affected it.

Side note: The houses were listed as "at capacity" pretty early in the day. I got rained out so I don't know if they ever opened up more reservations or for standby.
Yeah - looked like they opened to pretty much anyone at the end of the day when it rained.
From what I heard it was a bit of a conga line in the houses like always - so be warned if that concerns you
Also I understand there was a lot of Plexiglass to keep people and SAs separate

Any detail on the experience Sat and Sunday would be great - seems like Friday was very different (way less people I guess).

From what I've heard (just rumor) the test this past weekend was a resounding success, and tomorrow is when they may announce dates, and possibly more houses that will open, either all at once or staggered -- not all the houses, just more, and even perhaps the early reopening of one of the closed hotels. Along with a name for the overall mini event.

Last edited:
https://www.universalorlando.com/web/en/us/plan-your-visit/fall-and-halloween-at-universal
This Fall Is Gonna Be Scary Good.
Sept. 26-27 and Oct. 3-Nov. 1
It's time to start screaming. With fiendish delight. Because you can still get your Universal fright fix this fall. And it's included with your daytime admission to Universal Studios Florida and Universal's Islands of Adventure. There are two heart-pounding haunted houses in Universal Studios—Universal Monsters: The Bride of Frankenstein Lives and Revenge of the Tooth Fairy—so you can get your scream on. You can take your kids trick-or-treating in Islands of Adventure. Plus, you can all dress in costumes to get in the sinister spirit of the season.

Yeah - looked like they opened to pretty much anyone at the end of the day when it rained.
From what I heard it was a bit of a conga line in the houses like always - so be warned if that concerns you
Also I understand there was a lot of Plexiglass to keep people and SAs separate

Any detail on the experience Sat and Sunday would be great - seems like Friday was very different (way less people I guess).

This is true for Saturday for sure. My daughter and I went back to the park after dinner to ride Gringott's one last time and they were asking anyone who walked by if they wanted to try the haunted houses. Sadly, she is a chicken so we didn't.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter