Official 2020 HHN Thread - 30 Years of Scares

Can I ask, do any shops remain open during HHN such as the Christmas shop or the large one when you first enter on the left hand side? I realise there is usually a HHN merchandise pop up shop but wondered about anywhere else? Same with diagon alley - are the shops and food locations open?

In Studios, various dining spots are open. No reservations taken starting around 2:30 pm event days. Finnegans gets very crowded, Louies is popular for a slice. Simpsons food court area also open.

We tend to eat an early meal in citiwalk or in the park (after entering early) & a snack later in the night at the event.

We did the Scareactor meal in ‘18 with adult DS. Enjoyed it, food was ok (better than regular Monsters Cafe fare). Character interaction timing needed work but fun

I can vouche for the pizza fries :). No so much for the twisted taters but they have their loyal fans.

Believe HP’s ice cream venue was open last year during the event

Majority of gift shops are open, including the well-themed HHN one.

I’m sure others can share their experiences

I can vouche for the pizza fries :). No so much for the twisted taters but they have their loyal fans.
Yeah - got to agree with you.
Pizza fries are very good - the twisted taters were disappointing - you need to get them fresh I would say - even with the high demand they are making too many and by the time you get them they are just greasy and soggy

I have a feeling a lot of the "icons" will be back. Considering usually when there is an anniversary of some sort that typically happens, but according to rumors there are a lot of changes / adjustments to what they're planning, so who knows. It'll be interesting how this turns out.

I have a feeling a lot of the "icons" will be back. Considering usually when there is an anniversary of some sort that typically happens, but according to rumors there are a lot of changes / adjustments to what they're planning, so who knows. It'll be interesting how this turns out.
I was expecting the icons to be featured in separate vignettes in one house or, at the very least, in a scarezone.

Soooo, we plan to stay onsite -- it just occurred to me, do I need to have our room booked now? Haven't exactly nailed down when we plan to go...but I could make that a priority 😁

As SOON as you can Worfie... ::yes::

HHN sells onsite rooms quickly at the best of times......but this year many will be going Sept/Oct to make up for lost trips during this time.....

Ours were booked before we left last October......yep, time to nail that trip down.......😁

Soooo, we plan to stay onsite -- it just occurred to me, do I need to have our room booked now? Haven't exactly nailed down when we plan to go...but I could make that a priority 😁
Depends how specific you are as to where you want to land & type of room. Dates do sell out
As SOON as you can Worfie... ::yes::

HHN sells onsite rooms quickly at the best of times......but this year many will be going Sept/Oct to make up for lost trips during this time.....

Ours were booked before we left last October......yep, time to nail that trip down.......😁
Many are rescheduling but don’t know if they are landing in the fall or next year. Regardless, good advice to book something early

Depends how specific you are as to where you want to land & type of room. Dates do sell out

Many are rescheduling but don’t know if they are landing in the fall or next year. Regardless, good advice to book something early

Anecdotally, reading about WDW trips, most people seem to be rebooking for November, particularly around Thanksgiving. However, I have seen a lot of people asking about the HHN and the halloween party, because they are rebooking or considering rebooking for September or October.

I remember reading that years ago quite early on they tried to do HHN in both parks - it would sure help with social distancing right about now haha (this is a joke, I realise they won't do this even in IoA) 😉
The last time it was in both parks was in 2006...it was fun to roam all over the place. I'm all for doing both parks again but they aren't keen on the idea. I'm not optimistic HHN will happen this year...but I hope I'm wrong.

The last time it was in both parks was in 2006...it was fun to roam all over the place. I'm all for doing both parks again but they aren't keen on the idea. I'm not optimistic HHN will happen this year...but I hope I'm wrong.
I hope you're wrong too, but you have a much better pulse on this. I'm going to plan like it's happening, because I need some Happy!

So we went ahead and booked Oct. 26-31 at RPR! I can't tell you how much optimism it gives me, just to have a reservation. ☀

Yeah - I expect it will run - but just not sure if it will be anything close to what its been in the past and to be honest the last two years were not great.
It going to be tough for SAs with many of the rules in place - will they even have scare zones?
They may need to do the purge yet again - at least then they can wear masks

I plan to go - but with very low expectations

I plan to go - but with very low expectations
I plan on it as well...this will be my 17th consecutive year so I really want to go. I just don't know if Universal can devise a plan that will not only keep guests and employees safe but make the event enjoyable. No crowds like in previous years...that will not work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter