Official 2020 HHN Thread - 30 Years of Scares

I've officially bowed out and got a refund for my tickets 😭 I doubt the UK will be able to visit anytime soon and to be honest, I wouldn't want to right now so it was the best decision ... Even though I'm absolutely gutted especially as it was the 30th

I've officially bowed out and got a refund for my tickets 😭 I doubt the UK will be able to visit anytime soon and to be honest, I wouldn't want to right now so it was the best decision ... Even though I'm absolutely gutted especially as it was the 30th

Sorry to hear that tinkerbell.

It probably is the right decision, but still not an easy one to make.....

OK i'm getting worried we are booked mid september thought there would be news by now.

Heck, they could end up shutting down the parks again. News for HHN won't be coming yet. We are supposed to drive to Orlando on Tuesday from Texas. I may not hear about WDW not opening until after we have left. You have to be patient or plan not to go.

Although it's all speculation, I saw a couple of points this week about possible reasons for the announcement delays that seem plausible:

1) The delay may not be due to USO, but ongoing uncertainty about what will happen with USH - to the extent that the two parks coordinate their events, USO may not want to jump the gun before the situation is clearer in California.

2) USO is waiting until the last minute to announce anything in case the event is canceled or significantly changed due to evolving conditions in Florida - they don't want to reveal too much before they know everything is a go. I can certainly believe this one since USO still has not made any official announcement or acknowledgement about that huge, twisting steel structure surrounded by massive cranes that's a little hard to miss in IOA.

Interesting rumor if they do have HHN30 - will it be alcohol free?
Many of us have been speculating about it going in the direction the last few years - but that leaves a lot $$$ on the table.
With COVID it does seem like it might try it in the "new normal". :(

I can see why - you dont want people walking around pulling down their masks drinking and you dont want people getting stupid drunk and being a problem with the COVID situation.

Sorry
Heck, they could end up shutting down the parks again. News for HHN won't be coming yet. We are supposed to drive to Orlando on Tuesday from Texas. I may not hear about WDW not opening until after we have left. You have to be patient or plan not to go.
Gotta roll with it! Good luck, did they wind up keeping u at BW after all for WDW portion ?

please post recap of ur trip
can see why - you dont want people walking around pulling down their masks drinking and you dont want people getting stupid drunk and being a problem with the COVID situation.
Well, Itheory but people have to hydrate in that heat

they could have drinking pens (possible repurposed S&S areas)

there will be (probably illegal) tailgating in parking garage/citiwalk venues slammed. Not sure if single day tix permit re/entry but easy enough to duck out for a nip

https://orlando.halloweenhorrornights.com/site/hhn/products/ap-package
Someone on another thread said this was new? I don't follow it so I have no idea... just sharing...
Mac would know for sure. She breathes HHN😎. Room packages including Rip tours available from get go. Not sure if day tours included

Interesting rumor if they do have HHN30 - will it be alcohol free?
Many of us have been speculating about it going in the direction the last few years - but that leaves a lot $$$ on the table.
With COVID it does seem like it might try it in the "new normal". :(

I can see why - you dont want people walking around pulling down their masks drinking and you dont want people getting stupid drunk and being a problem with the COVID situation.

I can definitely see this happening this year. Once things have been controlled with COVID-19, I don't think they'll keep the event dry. I know alcohol at the event has continued to get scaled back to the point they've even watered down the specialty drinks, but I think making it a dry event would be too big a jump and lessen the differentiation too much between HHN and MNSSHP. This year however it proves too much of a health hazard and it seems the parks in their normal state are keeping things dry as is so it just makes sense.

Just talked to a very nice UO customer service person regarding a resort move and asked about HHN. She confirmed it is definitely still ON and announcements should start being made within the next couple of weeks. The only event that has officially been canceled is the scare-actor buffet.

Is there an online booking link to the APH package or is it telephone only? In the U.K and sometimes I need a little help ( like a link) to get on the US site. Thank you.

Gotta roll with it! Good luck, did they wind up keeping u at BW after all for WDW portion ?

Yes, we got moved from a garden view room to a standard view 1 bedroom on the DVC side. I had to pay an additional $400 for the 3-4 nights. I probably could have gotten them to move me to somewhere with a studio, but DH was willing to pay the extra to stay in the same hotel. We will already be in a studio at BWV the days before this. At least my park reservations and dining went without a hitch.

At least my park reservations and dining went without a hitch.
Glad you’re happy, i had issues (since resolved) re the park reservations & still see plenty of dining for my dates in August. Have yet to actually book any ADRs tho

Looks like a new popup about CDC guidelines has been added when you visit the HHN website. I don't know how to take a screenshot on my work computer but it states:
"Universal will continue to follow CDC guidelines and the recommendations of local health and safety officials for its operation of Halloween Horror Nights this fall. More details will be shared closer to the event's debut. " along with a link to review Universal's current guidelines.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!