"Official" 2020 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Poor Unfortunate Souls (2020 MNSSHP CANCELLED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We plan on attending the party if the parks are open for our September trip. It doesn't appear that military discounted tickets have become available yet. I'm starting to think that discount won't be offered this year for the party and that I should go ahead and buy our tickets now in the event that they limit the amount of party tickets they sell. Anyone else have insight?
No, but we're having the same discussion at our house. Normally, military can buy at the gate, even for sold-out parties, but with limited capacity, I would think that won't be an option this year.
Just checked Shades of Green's website and the page with parties, after-hours, and glow nights seems to have been taken down.

Disney World’s Proposed Reopening Date Announced!
Disney World has stated it plans to reopen in phases.

Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom will reopen on July 11.
Epcot and Hollywood Studios will reopen July 15.

It stills need to be voted upon by the Task Force and signed off by Mayor Jerry Demings and Governor Ron DeSantis.

Nothing was mentioned about the MNSSHP will this still go on?
No-one knows. Same with the food and wine festival. They mentioned certain events being cancelled so I'd imagine that if they do cancel, the website will get update soon and people who have bought tickets informed (me being one of them) x

Without parades, fireworks, shows, or meet-and-greets, there's not much left besides decorations and souvenirs.
Events start though a month or so after they are due to open so things might* get relaxed slightly. Shanghai stopped all the above too but after 2 weeks, brought back stage shows. Slowly but surely 🤞🏻

Without parades, fireworks, shows, or meet-and-greets, there's not much left besides decorations and souvenirs.
At some point you have to wonder what defines open - if you don't have parades, fireworks, shows, meet-and-greets, are you really 'open'? Crossing my fingers that we'll still have trick-or-treating. I also have a secret (horrible to some) dream that all this means a delayed Haunted Mansion Holiday overlay at DL. I'd love to see the original mansion the original way at Halloween time.

I wonder if they will give refunds if you decide not to go now without the parade, shows, and fireworks??

We have Halloween tickets for the first day of the party, August 13. I'm hoping they're well into phase 3 of reopening by that point.
What does phase 3 mean for Disney? That they’ll have things sort of back to normal? I’m about to cancel my August 22-28 trip because I’m not going with the current rules and canceled experiences. I was thinking there is no hope they’ll be back to normal six weeks after opening.

What does phase 3 mean for Disney? That they’ll have things sort of back to normal? I’m about to cancel my August 22-28 trip because I’m not going with the current rules and canceled experiences. I was thinking there is no hope they’ll be back to normal six weeks after opening.

Well, phase 3 in Florida in general means total reopening. I imagine Disney's phases are similar, but they haven't released any such information that I'm aware of. Disney is already far behind what would be a logical reopening date so I'm not going to even begin to guess about when they will be doing their phases.

Was wondering about the Halloween Party as well. I was originally waiting to buy tickets until closer but now I'm wondering if there will be limited capacity & I should buy them now. But, if there is no Fireworks, Parades or Meet & Greets, what would be the purpose of the party. I can buy a lot of candy for the ticket price.

Of course, I still don't know if we'll be going in October or not. So confusing.....

Was wondering about the Halloween Party as well. I was originally waiting to buy tickets until closer but now I'm wondering if there will be limited capacity & I should buy them now. But, if there is no Fireworks, Parades or Meet & Greets, what would be the purpose of the party. I can buy a lot of candy for the ticket price.

Of course, I still don't know if we'll be going in October or not. So confusing.....
I don't think you can buy them now. They've stopped all tickets for the timebeing, haven't they?

Darn now I wish I had gone ahead and purchased tickets for Sept MNSSHP after all....if they cancel party it probably would be automatically refunded but now I have to worry whether I’ll be able to purchase tickets at all!

We luckily purchased our tickets last night. We had been hemming and hawing for weeks, not sure if they would have the party or not. In the end, we got nervous about not being able to get in if it was open with reduced capacity. After being at MNSSHP in 2018, we are kind of looking forward to the party with a reduced capacity, even without the parade and fireworks.

Not sure what it means but I just got an email from Touring Plans with updated hours for October. It's saying magic kingdom is now closing at 7 on party days?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter