"Official" 2020 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Poor Unfortunate Souls (2020 MNSSHP CANCELLED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see a special ticketed event listed in MK from 7-midnight on days that I assume are the Halloween party days. I know it is listed on the day we want to attend in September. So I feel that is a good sign although my trust is low.

Feeling a little down about the prospects for MNSSHP. All this calendar shuffling, major reductions in offerings. Mid-August will come quick.

Like many of y'all, MNSSHP is probably our favorite yearly WDW activity - it's pretty much "can't miss" status for us.

Guess we'll see.

Feeling a little down about the prospects for MNSSHP. All this calendar shuffling, major reductions in offerings. Mid-August will come quick.

Like many of y'all, MNSSHP is probably our favorite yearly WDW activity - it's pretty much "can't miss" status for us.

Guess we'll see.

yep I’m going Labor Day (hopefully). We haven’t purchased tickets yet and I really really need the parade to make it worth it. My teen said “but mom - the candy”! And I laughed and told her we can purchase a ton of candy for that ticket price. The Halloween party is our absolute favorite - mostly because of that parade. It will be sad if we can’t go. It is our main reason for fall trips. We are still planning to go on the trip at this point but might skip the party if there aren’t any parades or fireworks. Will have to wait and see. Also it is possible the kid’s school will make kids who go out of state do a 2 week quarantine (if they have school this fall. We definitely would cancel if that happens. So much uncertainty.

So we ended up buying Mickeys Not So Scary Halloween Party Tickets before Covid became what it is. Now we are in a situation where we might have to reschedule our trip. I realize that normally these tickets are non-refundable but has anyone tried to get their money back or talked to a CM?

I did tonight on a chat. I was told they are non-refundable and when I asked what would happen if they cancel the party, I was told they wouldn't reply to hypotheticals. The CM restated that "they are non-refundable and as of right now, the parties are still happening". I guess we will wait and see.

I did tonight on a chat. I was told they are non-refundable and when I asked what would happen if they cancel the party, I was told they wouldn't reply to hypotheticals. The CM restated that "they are non-refundable and as of right now, the parties are still happening". I guess we will wait and see.

I would think considering circumstances they would at least offer back a credit. That’s really irritating! Lots of people have had to cancel or reschedule. I’m sure many have lost their jobs as well and need their full refund back.

For better or for worse I ordered party tickets for Labor Day on undercover tourist. Decided to gamble on it and if nothing else we can ride rides that night and buy event treats. I was worried they would cut capacity for the party and being in the world while the party was happening and not being able to go would just be painful lol. Hoping against hope they have the parade at least

So you can order party tickets through undercover tourist but not through Disney??? If so how will you get refund if party is not held. I have never heard of Disney refunding any kind of ticket purchased through a third party...

Count me as another who would be going to the party on Labor Day. At this point I am holding off on purchasing tickets or even airfare for my trip. Waiting to see how things play out once the parks open in July.

Yesterday right after they announced a date I went to purchase my tickets, I put my phone down to do some stuff before I could check out- when I came back to finish they had taken all tickets down. I just went on UT and purchased the tickets for 10/1. I didn’t want to wait any longer and have those come down too. They are still available on UT for anyone wondering! For how long, I’m not too sure.

So you can order party tickets through undercover tourist but not through Disney??? If so how will you get refund if party is not held. I have never heard of Disney refunding any kind of ticket purchased through a third party...

undercover tourist does the refund if the party is cancelled. At least, I know others have gotten refunds through them in similar circumstances. Normally I wouldn’t buy 3rd party but I trust them and I was willing to accept a small amount of risk and we are just a party of 2. If it was a bigger purchase I might not have done it.

If Disney cancels an event and you purchased your event tickets via UT, Undercover tourist will refund 100% of the funds (not disney). Our family has party tickets for September 20th that we purchased through UT. I called undercover tourist directly, they also told me if Disney cancels party nights we will receive a refund and in addition to that I have a 90 day refund policy, so for any reason I don't feel comfortable (even if Disney doesn't cancel) I can get a refund no questions asked.

We purchased our tickets at the end of April, so I have until the end of July to make a decision.

I'm also torn about UT tickets... like you all I want to get mine in case the party sells out, however I am still nervous that WE will choose not to go, even with the party running, and thus, no refund. I hate all this uncertainty too. It's starting to make me feel like canceling my whole trip and rebooking for 10/2021 when things will be back to normal. On one hand I feel like I need to scramble to solidify our plans in case they reduce capacity, but on the other hand I am still in the "wait and see" camp of not being sure we will even want to go depending on the situation! First word problems I guess ha! But still frustrating.

UT does refund tickets for both parks and special events. UT additionally refunds (95%) certain types of party tickets if you choose not to go. I don't believe Disney refunds tickets if you choose not to attend.
If Disney cancels an event and you purchased your event tickets via UT, Undercover tourist will refund 100% of the funds (not disney). Our family has party tickets for September 20th that we purchased through UT. I called undercover tourist directly, they also told me if Disney cancels party nights we will receive a refund and in addition to that I have a 90 day refund policy, so for any reason I don't feel comfortable (even if Disney doesn't cancel) I can get a refund no questions asked.
One clarification, UT will refund 95% of event tickets that are mailed, not etickets. You have a 90 day refund window.
I'm also torn about UT tickets... like you all I want to get mine in case the party sells out, however I am still nervous that WE will choose not to go, even with the party running, and thus, no refund.
As noted above, UT will refund 95% if you choose not to attend the party. It's written on their special even ticket page under refunds. This is for mailed tickets. Etickets don't have the refund policy.

Just a note that we've used UT many times over the years for Disney parks, Uni tickets and MNSSHP tickets and never had an issue. We had our tickets for May when everything was cancelled and getting a refund from them was super simple. They are amazing people to work with and very accommodating. Another note we learned from this past experience.... you CAN link a ticket to MDE and still be able to get a refund if needed. Again, this is for mailed tickets, not etix and if you're within your 90 day window.

Just got our tickets from UT for Labor Day. Not risking a sell out since it's the only party night on our trip! Very curious what their limited capacity will be.

UT does refund tickets for both parks and special events. UT additionally refunds (95%) certain types of party tickets if you choose not to go. I don't believe Disney refunds tickets if you choose not to attend.

One clarification, UT will refund 95% of event tickets that are mailed, not etickets. You have a 90 day refund window.

As noted above, UT will refund 95% if you choose not to attend the party. It's written on their special even ticket page under refunds. This is for mailed tickets. Etickets don't have the refund policy.

Thank you for clarifying! I also had a May trip and UT was amazing with giving me a refund, even with them linked. But I wasn't sure if that was just a policy due to the actual Disney closure of March- July and wouldn't still apply in October. I guess I'll wait at least until I am in the 90 day window and then see what their policies are?

Thank you for clarifying! I also had a May trip and UT was amazing with giving me a refund, even with them linked. But I wasn't sure if that was just a policy due to the actual Disney closure of March- July and wouldn't still apply in October. I guess I'll wait at least until I am in the 90 day window and then see what their policies are?

I believe they've always had a refund policy for tickets, as a few years ago they couldn't refund linked tickets. But they amended that policy a few years ago and you can now get refunds on linked tickets and it wasn't only due to the current coronavirus issue. Disney usually doesn't refund any tickets under normal circumstances, but UT has/does.

We were set to go last week, and canceled our trip in March, way before Disney announced May closures. We live closer to NY and our area got hit hard and fast so we couldn't wait for Disney to cancel May dates. We were within our 90 days of purchase from UT and they refunded us no problem. Long way of saying that the refund policy was already in place and not changed due to the virus or waiting for Disney to close.

The UT MNSSHP ticket page clearly lists the refund policy under the dates available, so I'm guessing it's a regular "thing" also. The times I've bought MNSSHP tickets I never looked at the refund policy, lol! I never expected to have to cancel.

If we were to go to this year's party, which I HIGHLY doubt will happen, I would probably purchase the UT mailed tickets in case I wouldn't feel comfortable going later. Peace of mind in being able to cancel if I needed/wanted to is definitely worth the 5% restocking fee, IMO. I also think that with how quickly everything transpired in March, there wasn't much time to adjust plans quickly, so if we are looking at Fall party season and wind up having another bout of cases here, I would want the flexibility to change plans quickly and not wait for Disney to cancel.

Just a note that we've used UT many times over the years for Disney parks, Uni tickets and MNSSHP tickets and never had an issue. We had our tickets for May when everything was cancelled and getting a refund from them was super simple. They are amazing people to work with and very accommodating. Another note we learned from this past experience.... you CAN link a ticket to MDE and still be able to get a refund if needed. Again, this is for mailed tickets, not etix and if you're within your 90 day window.

Thank you! That's good to know, maybe the rep this morning was referring to 100% refund in regards to Disney cancelling and I misunderstood in regards to the 90 day window. We've used UT for the past three years when purchasing MNSSHP tickets since they are cheaper than the AP discount through Disney. I never looked at the cancellation policy until now 😔. We also had our tickets mailed to us and linked to MDE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!