"Official" 2020 MVMCP (Cancelled) Special holiday festivities start Nov 6th new info starts in Page 12

I may be in the minority here, but I got teary with joy reading that. I will miss the gingerbread houses, the party and the Candlelight Processional, BUT the rest of it sounds amazing. Can't wait for my November solo trip. I am a bit disappointed that I will miss the stuff at EPCOT though!

Last edited:
Just announced no parties

But everything else we thought will happen
I am guessing hours will be extended too

[URL
unfurl="true"]https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2020/09/walt-disney-world-resort-holidays-start-nov-6/[/URL]

The hours HAVE to be extended or they are only lighting up the Castle with their overlay for about 15 minutes otherwise. Normally they don't turn on the Castle Lights until 6pm or 6:15pm IIRC, and with MK currently closing at 6pm that does add up unless they plan to extend hours and not just till 7pm either, I hope anyway.

Didn't see anything specific mentioned about the Christmas Tree Trail at Disney Springs. I'm guess that is out this year too because of social distancing.

I completely understand not doing the party but - no castle lights? They could skip the lighting show and still have them. Maybe they're afraid of all the Christmas crowds around the castle - but then why bother with the custom projections which will effectively do the same thing?

I just hope this isn't a permanent "feature" (come see the holiday projections on the castle as is tradition! What fun!)

WHAT, no icicle lights on the castle? Ugghh😞

Quote”When night falls, special projection effects will give a festive look to Cinderella Castle this year, providing a colorful backdrop for our guests’ photos. The appearance of the iconic castle will be transformed with a rotating series of designs including a whimsical Christmas sweater and a regal overlay of red, green and gold ornamentation. This will be in place of the Castle Dream Lights.’

And I'm curious if the lights being left off this year was the plan all along with the repaint of the Castle. Cause otherwise there is no justifiable reason to not have the lights and replace them with a Overlay if the thought was to "prevent gathering crowds" because regardless people will want to see the Castle lit up, one way or the other. Just my thoughts anyway, changing one spectacle for another does nothing to reduce crowds and it's not like WDW does have the experience of drapping the Castle in lights efficiently. So perhaps it was the plan all along.......

Highlights of the seasonal event:
  • Santa Claus will wave to Guests as he makes pop-up appearances at each park, as well as Disney Springs. At Disney’s Animal Kingdom, for example, he will sail down Discovery River on a special flotilla.
  • Favorite Disney characters dressed in their holiday finest will appear in festive flotillas at Disney’s Animal Kingdom, holiday promenades at EPCOT and merry motorcades at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
  • At Magic Kingdom, characters synonymous with the season – including gingerbread men and elves – will join Disney characters in cavalcades through the park. On Main Street, U.S.A., toy soldiers will march with the Main Street Philharmonic as they bring musical cheer for all to hear.
  • At Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Minnie Mouse will host a yuletide dining experience at Hollywood & Vine, inviting some of her best pals – including Santa Goofy – to join the fun.
  • Inside World Showplace at EPCOT, JOYFUL! will take Guests on a musical journey of holiday music, while Voices of Liberty will use their eight-part harmonies to share songs of the season at the America Gardens Theatre.
  • Elaborately decorated Christmas trees will spring up throughout Disney Springs, and a magical snowfall will occur within Town Center, West Side and The Landing. In addition, Jock Lindsey’s Hangar Bar will transform into Jock Lindsey’s Holiday Bar with delightful décor and a limited-time menu of festive favorites.

What we won't have

Castle Lights
Candlelight Processional
Jingle Bell Jingle BAM
MVMCP
No Santa meet and greet
No Gingerbread displays
No DS Tree Trail (although the trees will be displayed through out DS

No plans for NYE have been announced yet

The hours HAVE to be extended or they are only lighting up the Castle with their overlay for about 15 minutes otherwise. Normally they don't turn on the Castle Lights until 6pm or 6:15pm IIRC, and with MK currently closing at 6pm that does add up unless they plan to extend hours and not just till 7pm either, I hope anyway.
sunset in Orlando is Nov is around 5:30pm

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter